Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:21:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456068 times)
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:48:02 PM

I think this project can be nice addition in cryptocurrencies market to create healthy competitive environment as competition will be tough in future once there will be more similar service providers. It will be good for customers to have multiple choices to use card services at more convenient way.
Hustleer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

This is really sad. As an investor how can I invest in a company who doesnt know the industry?
Learning as you go is good but it also means mistakes are bound to happen. Major ones I think judging from whats happening now, poor judgement in launching the ICO without proper marketing and lack of knowledge in the community.
The damage is done. No one will trust your coin. Some of your employees on the webpage as so many people here on this thread pointed out are questionable due to the lack of representation of the Monaco company on their LinkedIn profile. At this point, your coin/token is very questionable.

As far as I can tell they were working on a fairly unrelated payment app through Foris. Then they saw TKN raise circa $15 million in 30 minutes and thought 'hey we can do that' and decided to pivot into a crypto debit card on the front end.  Except for the payment app it seems largely a copy. However that doesn't mean it can't be successful because the CEO does have experience rapidly building high valuation companies and TKN has stalled a little post ICO.

Dont get me wrong, I think the concept is great. I was about to get in and dip into the ICO but the people behind the company makes me lose confidence in buying in. They mismanaged the release of their product. Now the whole crypto community is wondering if they are in fact legitimate (or competent). Questions like these makes you dont want to invest. Questions like these never should come up in the first place. Red flags everywhere. 

You also made a very good point about they are largely a copy of numerous crypto with the same concept but their competitors like EXSCUDO or Tokencard did proper protocol with regards to marketing (I dont think EXSCUDO or Tokencard rushed the release either. Monaco was done under a year).
pompatore

Activity: 787
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:35:37 PM

is it possible to load monaco cards with usd or euro ? or only with cryptos?
where is geolocated the jurisdiction of these cards?
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:06:05 PM

These guys basically copied Pluton. Just like tokencard did.

All my Google ads are filled with this ICO advertisement spamming Monaco Visa...

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:33:49 PM

These guys basically copied Pluton. Just like tokencard did.

All my Google ads are filled with this ICO advertisement spamming Monaco Visa...

PLU is probably the worst of the bunch, it's just a rebate token. No profit share, they earn the transaction fees and give their customers up to 3% of their transaction in free PLU which they can sell into PLU holders. Ironically I'm long PLU because it will probably pump on release and until customers start receiving and selling their free PLU there will be suckers who think PLU should be valuable for some reason.  

Regards advertising, yeah I see them everywhere too. If they could strike a deal with Polo they'd probably reach their max cap in a few days with zero additional advertising.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:39:24 PM

There was an ad about  "black card for the first 999 users" on the ICO site. I am between 500-999.
I bought because I also want the black card.
If I will not get it is there a refund possible? This ad was misleading!!!
Because now there is a rule that only first 500 get it.
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:51:42 PM

i think if you want succes in ico selling
you need promotion, all member bitcointalk maybe not known about MONACO coin
you need open bounty campaign dev, signature campaign

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

Chikako

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:08:12 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 02:19:24 AM by Chikako

"Hi Everyone,

I'm Kris - the founder of Monaco. Just opened an account on Bitcointalk to answer all the questions you may have regarding our company and the token sale.
We'll be posting a thread shortly...

I think we have to start by acknowledge, that:
- in hindsight, we should have had done a few weeks of pre-marketing to make a good first impression on the community
- we are late with even the basic stuff - like posting ANN on bitcointalk
- but at the same time, we are very happy with the results so far with our minimum being hit in under 2 hours and that we hit 10,000ETH milestone during the first 24 hours.
- we think since we had zero pre marketing ahead of ICO launch, the results are amazing and the only reason behind it is simply our product: people love the Monaco Card & App

In terms of addressing the single most common question: why only 1 day notice. It's actually pretty simple. The single thing that pushed us to launch ahead of our original July schedule was a competitor running towards an ICO with a 90% same value proposition (FX+crypto). Our CFO was at an event at VISA Innovation Centre in Singapore on 11th of May, where he ran into another founder, who basically told him what they're working on and that their ICO is going to launch in June. We made a judgement call to finish working on our ICO within a week and launch, then spend the next 30 days to gradually build exposure and increase our brand awareness, so everyone has plenty of time to get to know us and do their due diligence.

Naturally, we had no idea people would think this is a scam.
- we've been working on the product for almost 1 year
- we have very experienced team of entrepreneurs (I sold my previous business for US$21m in 2013, our CFO is ex-Mastercard)
- we have serious heavy-hitters on our Advisory Board from companies like AWS, VISA, Adyen, Emarsys

I guess to a certain extent it's a function of us not understanding how does this community think and operate. We're learning fast and we're committed to being open and transparent, so that everyone can have their questions answered. I will be here and on our ANN thread answering all the questions you may have. I also encourage those who find our project intriguing to join our slack channel: https://monaco-card.slack.com/ - it's growing steadily and is probably the most convenient way to get to know us personally.

One final note: the team is based in Hong Kong, so please note the time differences in case we don't respond instantly, it's probably middle of the night on our end.

Kris"

This is really sad. As an investor how can I invest in a company who doesnt know the industry?
Learning as you go is good but it also means mistakes are bound to happen. Major ones I think judging from whats happening now, poor judgement in launching the ICO without proper marketing and lack of knowledge in the community.
The damage is done. No one will trust your coin. Some of your employees on the webpage as so many people here on this thread pointed out are questionable due to the lack of representation of the Monaco company on their LinkedIn profile. At this point, your coin/token is very questionable.

The explanation looks rasonable, I don't mind if they launched with 1 day, everything looks legit and I have nothing to worry about, great team and CEO.

I knew about this ico due to their ads in etherscan.io
Kris-Monaco

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:20:27 AM

Hi Kris,

From you mona.co website, I found the Linkedin profiles from all your team members. Why are you the only one that has any mention at all of "Monaco", and no one else from the team mentions Monaco at all?? And in your Linkedin profile you only mention "Monaco" at the top, nothing under experience and no link to the Monaco website? Why is that? Is it because Monaco is a Scam??!!!

Hi Sulaco,

We have been operating under the name Foris for almost a year now and that's what's reflected on our LinkedIn profiles. We'll be phasing Foris name out and transitioning to Monaco as early  as next week. The ICO kept us really busy and the priority was give to other tasks (like launching Chinese version of the website and signing partnerships there).

Kris
Kris-Monaco

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:50:28 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Hustleer,

I appreciate your feedback, but it looks like the community really got behind us, there's more than 1,500 contributors to our ICO already and we are likely to pass 20,000ETH in contributions by the weekend. That's 4x the minimum goal we set for ourselves. Time will tell whether our decision to launch fast was correct or not, I think it's definitely too early to make that call.

Our objective right now is to work hard on letting the community know us better. I encourage you to join our slack channel at slack.mona.co to experience just how excited everyone is about our product and the company.

Best,
Kris
Kris-Monaco

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:59:33 PM

As far as I can tell they were working on a fairly unrelated payment app through Foris. Then they saw TKN raise circa $15 million in 30 minutes and thought 'hey we can do that' and decided to pivot into a crypto debit card on the front end.  Except for the payment app it seems largely a copy. However that doesn't mean it can't be successful because the CEO does have experience rapidly building high valuation companies and TKN has stalled a little post ICO.
[/quote]

Hey,

I think this would be more accurate if the quote was: 'Hey, we can do it 10x better" Smiley

Jokes aside, everything we've built at Foris, including the core tech behind perfect interbank exchange rates has made it's way into the Monaco app. We've done much more work on the product in the last 12 months that other people in the space, so we are actually perfectly positioned to deliver & build Monaco into a massive brand and business.

We're very excited with the reception both the product and our team has received so far. People like our no-nonsense, fully transparent communication and they absolutely love what we're done with the product. In the end, it's about the product and not the ICO. It's the product that will drive the value creation for our supporters, not how well you've done on ICO pre-marketing.

We are product guys.

Kris
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:07:07 PM

that's right, the projects Altcoins currently have bounty campaign and signature campaign,
all member bitcointalk will interested and that's what makes a the projects sucess.
Kris-Monaco

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:14:11 PM

There was an ad about  "black card for the first 999 users" on the ICO site. I am between 500-999.
I bought because I also want the black card.
If I will not get it is there a refund possible? This ad was misleading!!!
Because now there is a rule that only first 500 get it.

Hi,

999 participants in the ICO will get the card.

Cards numbered: 500-999 are for the contributors who were the the fastest (by time stamp).
Cards numbered: 001-499 are for the contributors who had highest ETH contribution during the campaign.

There is a leaderboard showing both here: https://mona.co/leaderboard.html
You can contribute multiple times and it sums it up, as long as it's from the same address.

If you would like to have your contribution refunded, it is possible, but the process is complicated, as funds are in TokenMarket Escrow until the end of Token Sale and the MCO tokens themselves have already been issued to you by the smart contract. Please chat with our support team on the site or e-mail matt@mona.co.

Kris
jayohby

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:17:53 PM

high eth limit cap is crazy... next price increase 30000 eth...?

that'd be like $60 mil...  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Kris-Monaco

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:43:14 PM

that's right, the projects Altcoins currently have bounty campaign and signature campaign,
all member bitcointalk will interested and that's what makes a the projects sucess.

Hi,

Work in progress - should be ready to go soon!

Kris
Kris-Monaco

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:49:36 PM

Dont get me wrong, I think the concept is great. I was about to get in and dip into the ICO but the people behind the company makes me lose confidence in buying in. They mismanaged the release of their product. Now the whole crypto community is wondering if they are in fact legitimate (or competent). Questions like these makes you dont want to invest. Questions like these never should come up in the first place. Red flags everywhere. 

You also made a very good point about they are largely a copy of numerous crypto with the same concept but their competitors like EXSCUDO or Tokencard did proper protocol with regards to marketing (I dont think EXSCUDO or Tokencard rushed the release either. Monaco was done under a year).
[/quote]

Hi,

You should really check out our slack channel at slack.mona.co

The community has very quickly recognised that we are a professional team with a world-class product and communication is second to none.

We have now over 1,500 contributors and the pace is increasing.

Join our slack channel to get to know us better!

Kris
elegant_joylin

Activity: 826
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

@kris monaco, i've seen you an email. Have you read it?
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:39:26 PM

Hello. I'm from Brasil and I saw your maketing on Youtube.

How much do I have to invest to be part of the Project and the debit card?
hilman01

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:42:26 PM

reserve indonesian translation if needed  Smiley
me too lol.. my english is so bad so i need indonesian tranlation

celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

any bounty dev?

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 455 »
  Print  

Jump to: