Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Is Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 1046 times)
New_Frontier (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:32:19 PM

I'm sure many of you already know this, if you have looked into the history of BTC but for some of our newer folks you may find this interesting.  I thought I'd post it here and those that have more info on who or what group REALLY created Bitcoin could add to it.  Thanks!

"Satoshi Nakamoto was the pseudonymous person or group of people who designed the original bitcoin protocol in 2008 and launched the bitcoin network in 2009. Beyond bitcoin, no other links to this identity have been found. His involvement in the original bitcoin protocol does not appear to extend past mid-2010.[9] Nakamoto was active in making modifications to the bitcoin network and posting technical information on the BitcoinTalk Forum until his contact with bitcoin users began to fade. Until a few months before he left, he was responsible for creating the majority of the bitcoin protocol, only rarely accepting contributions.[9]
In April 2011, Satoshi communicated to a bitcoin contributor saying he had “moved on to other things.”[41]
Identity
Investigations into the real identity of Satoshi Nakamoto have been attempted by The New Yorker and Fast Company. Fast Company's investigation brought up circumstantial evidence that indicated a link between an encryption patent application filed by Neal King, Vladimir Oksman and Charles Bry on 15 August 2008, and the bitcoin.org domain name which was registered 72 hours later. The patent application (#20100042841) contained networking and encryption technologies similar to bitcoin's. After textual analysis, the phrase "...computationally impractical to reverse" was found in both the patent application and bitcoin's whitepaper.[1] All three inventors explicitly denied being Satoshi Nakamoto."

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zerodrama

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:43:01 PM

Myself and another guy tried creating a currency based on advertising alternative news stories. About the same time too. It blew up when he got a little too close to the details of how things work.

Haven't heard from him since :/

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
New_Frontier (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:50:50 PM

Here is a pretty interesting article too. 
http://www.fastcompany.com/1785445/bitcoin-crypto-currency-mystery-reopened
laustcozz

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:45:36 PM

If you pay attention to the end of the movie Kevin Spacey stops limping and you realize he was Satoshi Nakamoto all along.
vince1715

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:54:22 PM

I believe the true identity of the creator is bitcoin is different that what is commonly accepted. It's a big mystery.
gicacoca

Activity: 3
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:52:41 AM

To me, Satoshi Nakamoto is not a group of persons but an individual. I would guess he is around 40 years old today.

I guess the main reason Nakamoto has left the project in 2010/2011 was that in order for Bitcoin to be successful, its creator must be unknown and never get caught (and never sell the coins). By successful I mean launching (and running) a cryptocurrency that is able to initiate the movement that shifts the financial power from the banks/governments to the people.

If I believe he is still around in the crypto-world? Definitely! But he is not in the Bitcoin Team Grin

Whoever Satoshi is, Mankind owes him a lot of respect due to his altruistic behavior in developing Bitcoin. Satoshi has the principles that Banks/Govs should always have and should be obliged to. All of us owe him a huge thank you!
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:37:25 AM

To me, Satoshi Nakamoto is not a group of persons but an individual.

And to me, you are a lunatic who just necrobumped a 5 year old thread for only the sake of increasing your post count or whatever else you had in mind. You definitely need to learn reading before you start to post regularly because you don't seem to be doing that at all. A person who reads a thread would undoubtedly notice the date when it was posted even before reading the content in it, but I believe you guys don't even read the complete content of a thread and just start writing whatever has at least 1% (or sometimes even none) relativity with it. This is insane!

You need to learn a lot of things before starting to post in here. If you keep doing stuff like this, you will get nothing but slaps on your face and a ban from the community in future. So be careful, and read everything before you post. And, definitely avoid bumping dead threads from the past, like this one.

gicacoca

Activity: 3
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:41:57 AM

Take it easy man. I'm new to this community.

Actually I searched for "Who is Satoshi Nakamoto" and I found this thread from 2013 (similar threads I found were even older). Maybe I should have started a new thread and asked the same question instead.

I haven't heard about bitcointalk.org forum until recently, so I registered today to express what I had in my mind that I wanted to express a long time ago.

Anyway, I will pay more attention next time or I will choose to not write anything at all if the thread is very old. My apologies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: