Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:35:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] MICROCASH TO BE RELEASED ON MAY 10TH!!  (Read 1238 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:36:03 PM

Grin Grin Grin

I couldn't help myself. LOL!

Mark your calendars folks...  On May 10th, MicroCash will be introduced and will showcase some of the most advanced technology ever for a currency/system. Don't miss out as MicroCash positions itself to change the concept of banking and currency transaction forever.  Smiley

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/593-microcash-announcement/

Historical Reference (2006):
http://www.saffo.com/02006/01/05/microcash-and-penny-candy/

Some bullet points:  (remember, over the life of this project, BTC code and methodologies have been fork lifted and optimized to address the shortcomings of the original BTC code. Unlike the "forks" that many of the alternate currencies are, MicroCash is radically new so don't get wrapped up trying to compare MicroCash to BTC or any of the forks.  

*) New name that is more business friendly and tells people who know nothing about the technology what the intended use is all about
*) Peer-to-peer decentralized crypto-currency with currency creation reward based on energy used to create the currency (real value)
*) New difficulty retarget algorithm. Looks at the last 12 hours of blocks and works out the average block time for this period. It then adjusts every new block to attempt to meet a 2 minute block time.
*)
*) Resistant against 51% mining attacks. Money is used to help solve block disputes but now nearly everyone can contribute to this process instead of only a few trust nodes.
*) A new way to send/recv funds securely over the MicroCash network, meaning you can download the client and be sending/receiving cash within seconds. No blockchain download required
*) Can now get paid merely for running a node
*) MicroCash Accounts now gain a form of "interest" which is collected from all network fees and redistibuted to accounts based on their total MicroCash holdings. Increase your MicroCash amount and get more interest
*) Chain donation address added. Send money to this address and it redistributes it evenly to every MicroCash account
*) Dual signature accounts allowed. Meaning you can now have two devices with 2 keys able to confirm a transaction. ie You create a transaction on your PC and your mobile phone confirms it. If your PC is ever hacked your funds can't be removed without your phone confirming it.
*) New difficulty retarget algorithm. Looks at the last 12 hours of blocks and works out the average block time for this period. It then adjusts every new block to attempt to meet a 2 minute block time.
*) Transaction fees reduced to a fixed 0.005MC (half cent) for a normal transaction and 0.01 MC for dual signature
*) Transaction size is now much smaller, which means we can fit more in a block and have less disk/memory usage
*) An address (pubkey and privkey) is now looked at like an account. Each transaction involves the moving of one balance to another account. No inputs required, fixed transaction size, one signing per transaction maximum with the standard transaction type.
*) There are no physical transactions added to the blockchain as a result of a new block. Instead a new block is treated as 2 separate transactions. One to the creator (who gets 100% of a blocks value) and one to the CPF (that gets 5% of the block value)
*) Block header is now 104 bytes, with room for the address of creator and optimization of other fields
*) Address format is now much smaller and easier to read (will be announced at beta)
*) Custom database engine that is extremely fast at looking up every transaction, every block and every account. Much improved custom database to store all blocks and transactions.
*) Extremely fast transaction/block/account lookup, resulting in less CPU usage running a node.
*) No IRC client needed to find other nodes
*) New C++ codebase that is easy to extend and has been heavily optimized
*) Easier for businesses and websites to use. Low resource usage. URL Callbacks when their accounts are involved in transactions, no need for constant polling or creating a new address for every customer.
*) Transactions are now a fixed size and are also heavily optimized and easy to create for thin clients.
*) Improved Proof of Work hash and handling. Now reference previous blocks with a SHA256 to improve disk loading
*) Increased mining income to match $1-$2 range instead of $3-4 range
*) Powerblocks are removed
*) Trust nodes and trust blocks are removed
*) The 10 trust accounts are removed
*) Improved P2P handling
*) Much shorter address format and new hashing mechanism for them. Accounts store public keys so that once set it's more secure than ripemd160
*) Denial of Service code added, can now ban nodes that flood the network
*) Ability to donate MicroCash to nodes for passing on transactions and blocks
*) URL and email callbacks for accounts on a node. Allow developers to get transactions pushed to them instead of constantly polling
*) Trading on exchanges will be possible within the client
*) Ability to add labels or information to transactions you send to others
*) Can create payment codes that clients accept with amount, address and information tags already filled out.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

blastbob

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:42:20 PM

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/593-microcash-announcement/ goes to domain parking..

Bitrated user: blastbob.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:44:02 PM

May 10 2012?
Schwede65

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:50:42 PM

Quote from: notyep on April 21, 2012, 08:16:01 PM

yeah, this is really neccassary for a NEW topic  Smiley
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:52:49 PM

LOL we are still awaiting the release.

He never said which year lol  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:55:04 PM

LOL we are still awaiting the release.

He never said which year lol  Tongue

Tongue
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:07:18 PM

Those are some very nice features.

I've seen the name Microcash being bandied around the forum in recent weeks, am I right to assume this project is still in active development? Is it known how much of the proposed design we can expect to see in the finished product?

edit: nevermind, just noticed the other topic on the front page
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:31:59 PM

Probably better than NVC/FTC at least.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:54:30 PM

Original topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77606.0
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:13:26 AM

I'd be MORE than happy to take any SolidCoins off your hands.
Will even pay you btc for them. Please feel free to post offers here
or PM me with offers.

Thanks!  Smiley

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:45:35 AM

Interesting, I just put "Launching May 10" in my forum profile... and then I see this thread.

(I have nothing to do with MicroCash)

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:53:45 AM

To be honest I would far prefer microcrash to most of the ALT coins floating around these days. Horrible to say huh? At least real solid knows how to program and made something that was actually different, no?

BTW: RealSolid is back (kinda) he runs the MINCoin Exchange. :-)

Maybe lets ask him to bring back microcash. :-)

more or less retired.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:30:28 PM

FYI, though RealSolid has pretty much written near-100% of the code, the small community that has discussed development has been very active in functional/philosophical development of microcash for quite a while.  In that since, there have been well over 10 people who have contributed meaningful developmental thought and discussion to this project.

The Microcash development process has been a slow process for two reasons.  First, it is an almost 100% re-write of a crypto-currency.  Microcash isn't going to be like one of the MANY (if not all other) alts that's been a modification to a bitcoin fork.  We've had to think critically about many of our choices and that's taken time.

Second, RealSolid gets distracted because of other life needs that come and go.  He has to earn an income and this is a side project for him.  What I've experienced is that he will work on this project really hard, provide beta updates and do some really crazy-good work for about 4-6 weeks and then he has to take a break for a couple months just to take care of life.

In the mean time, the community tends to discuss the next phase of development or provide new thoughts regarding features we may need, or problems we still need to solve.

We tend to all want results but, frankly, I'm glad this has been a slow process.  We've looked at some of the "really big" paradigms of current crypto-currency and tried to consider ways to improve the architecture.  Many of the issues we've considered, we've been able to solve but there is a lot to consider when you begin to think about ways that someone might attempt to exploit the network.

I think bitcoins, litecoins and any other digital commodity will always have their place and they will never go away.  However, I also think that improvements can be made that will greatly benefit commerce, usability and performance.  We are trying to work on these type of breakthroughs with the hopes that this will eventually expedite widespread adoption of crypto-currencies.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:42:54 PM

To be honest I would far prefer microcrash to most of the ALT coins floating around these days. Horrible to say huh? At least real solid knows how to program and made something that was actually different, no?

BTW: RealSolid is back (kinda) he runs the MINCoin Exchange. :-)

Maybe lets ask him to bring back microcash. :-)

Running the min coin exchange   Undecided oh that ultra serious market...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: