Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We're in a bubble  (Read 10290 times)
findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:53:46 AM

To all those replies that suggest we aren't in a bubble because the crypto market is small compared to multinational corporations or big countries need to get a reality check. There are loads of great projects out there yes but real world use is minimal and bitcoin wins hands down in that respect even though the alt market is now bigger than bitcoin.

The problem people justifiably have is how to do you price something you think will be a success at some point in the bubble and that's how bubbles get started. Another problem is the fact that markets can stay irrational for insane amounts of time so bubble naysayers will keep saying the bubble predictions are wrong until it finally pops. There is definitely an obvious bubble forming but there's no telling if it will pop soon or in the distant future and when it pops we could even end up still seeing a high valuation at its bottom as happened with bitcoins last bubble popping.

My point is its exciting times for the cryptoworld with lots of interesting development but don't be afraid to admit the bubble could pop at any time, if you really believe your coin is still good and its still cheap then just hold for long after the current bubble pops.
Coffee2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:17:05 AM

I am also surprised with Doge,... it is literally to the moon.

Market is increasing for (almost) every coins and it seems growing bigger. Is it real?
tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:47:01 AM

I think everyone with at least half a brain knows we are in a bubble. What's the reason of latest Bitcoin increase? 100s of thousands unconfirmed transactions? How about all these crowdsales and ICOs based on Ethereum? All these "exciting" projects? Why DGB is close to 900 satoshi? DOGE? My personal opinion is that the price of a coin (or whatever) should be justified with usage and I don't think that usage of digital currencies has increased THIS much. Don't get me wrong - I'm also excited with the latest BTC increase and everything, but I'm always thinking about the future and now I think it looks scary...
Yes, I also think like you, we are currently in a bubble but do not know when it will break, with a professional investor, they may think we are at the top of "Everest." For forex trading, earning 100-150% of the value of your assets in a year is a special thing!
But look here, within 2 months you can earn 5000% from XRP, 100 % From BTC and 300% from ETH ... actually this is a horrible number, count it to a higher value, you will see this number is not small.
I hope Cryptocurrencies will soon return to its true value, although I like the value of the present, but it does not feel safe at all - a frightening feeling to wake up every morning if  BTC prices or altcoins projects I invest fall down...
Apollo777

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:16:55 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 07:37:04 AM by Apollo777

To all those replies that suggest we aren't in a bubble because the crypto market is small compared to multinational corporations or big countries need to get a reality check. There are loads of great projects out there yes but real world use is minimal and bitcoin wins hands down in that respect even though the alt market is now bigger than bitcoin.

The problem people justifiably have is how to do you price something you think will be a success at some point in the bubble and that's how bubbles get started. Another problem is the fact that markets can stay irrational for insane amounts of time so bubble naysayers will keep saying the bubble predictions are wrong until it finally pops. There is definitely an obvious bubble forming but there's no telling if it will pop soon or in the distant future and when it pops we could even end up still seeing a high valuation at its bottom as happened with bitcoins last bubble popping.

My point is its exciting times for the cryptoworld with lots of interesting development but don't be afraid to admit the bubble could pop at any time, if you really believe your coin is still good and its still cheap then just hold for long after the current bubble pops.

" [Insert Token Here] is a great project. If they follow the roadmap this will be great project! Price is cheap for [Insert Token here] so buy before it's too late!  Wink"

The shilling is strong in these [ANN] parts of town, seen this line many times. I'm sure there are people that invest/post don't even know what they actually invested in! Oh well right.. profit is profit I suppose, nothing wrong with that honestly. Remember though... UNREALIZED GAINS does not equal to REALIZED GAINS.

There's many houses built right now, but some are definitely built with STRAWS. When the Big Bad Wolf comes to town, better be quick to convert to BRICKS or else he'll HUFF and he'll PUFF and he'll BLOW your HOUSE in.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▌▌  PROPY  ▐▐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▬▬▬▬  Global Property Store with Decentralized Title Registry  ▬▬▬▬
  Slack      Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      Bitcointalk      Medium      Reddit 
jackychanxxx

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:24:52 PM

of course there's a bubble, but I believe it won't break until September

jfao09

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:41:15 PM

you are right ,the market is so crazy,
but all investor is crazy more to join the market
more and more ICO project is releasing ,
I am so fear
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 03:06:35 PM

Ah ah ah

It's funny .. we do not know if it's a bubble or not ..

You are all right: it is a bubble and at the same time the beginning of adoption and a new market.

I think we are going to attend one of the biggest transfer of money in world history. Crypto Currencies is a new world. Not just companies with equity issues. It's money too. We are witnessing a new phenomenon, and analyzing the market of crypto coins with the look of the past is not a good thing.

This is why I will never sell my crypto currency for FIAT currencies.
I am not crazy.

By cons I will adjust my investments. Cool

But the market is still small, very small. The potential is enormous. Even if there is a significant correction or dump. I'd rather stay in the dance than go out. Wink

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
realbigs21024

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:15:44 PM

So what Alt is next ummm mm #HMQ Humaniq watch it money maker for sure
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:05:56 PM

Bubble? I don't think so. The whole altcoin market is still very, very small and no one can question its great potential. I think we are just watching a natural consequence of the current distrust in the fiat economic model and an increasing interest in the alternate coins.
Yeah I agree. If we look at the potential of not only the alts but as a whole the crypto is having a great potential to growth, and the reason for why people come to the crypto while switching from the fiat is very common. Everyone using the fiat is sick and tired of the traditional system and the alts are the easy source to switch and people currently are doing it.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
CryptoMensch

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 08:50:40 PM

We know we are in a bubble in fact we are in many bubbles. If we knew when it will pop we had be rich at the moment:

- Crypto bubble
- Subprime auto loan bubble
- Big retail stores bubble
- Student debt bubble
- Real state bubble (prices rose higher than 2007)
- Stock market bubble (hype over Trump tax cut to companies vs Trump's scandals)
- Canadian mortgage bubble
- American ghost malls

BANCOR
Talmony

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:46:12 PM

The bubble will burst after the old ways of banking have changed (implementing block tech). The banking system has basically been the same since the Roman times. And think about it. Who wants to wait anymore when sending money? Blockchain technology will change that and it would be wise to not only invest in crypto but also those companies offering (enterprise) blockchain solutions. There are endless ways it could improve life in general, not only business really.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:43:31 PM

yeah there's a lot of money pumping into something thats mainly just promise at this point

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
ekstremista

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:17:41 AM

When $100 invested in 2009 grows into $80 million in 2017, is that a bubble? Maybe a tiny bubble.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:29:53 AM

Undoubtedly, we're in a big bubble right now. Almost all top-volume crypto-currencies are in mega-sized bubbles.

Look at bitcoin, its at 2257 USD as I speak, look at ethereum, its at 165 USD.

Bitcoin does have potential to cross 2500 USD or even 3000 USD, but the time hasn't come yet. If bitcoin had this value in 2019, I'd not have called it a bubble. But currently, its a pure bubble and I'm now waiting for it to get popped up, we need to have some realistic price, somewhat like 1500 USD. Same situation goes with all the alt-coins.
Tap Project

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Tap Into A World That Is More Than Just Gaming

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 01:25:27 AM

Yes, I would agree that this is a type of bubble but as some said it doesn't have to be a bad bubble. Just like other currencies and business in the world, there has to be a major influx into the market to get a standard. And just like watching an individual currency using technical analysis, the entire market can be watched like that as well. It is important for the crypto market to be tested so that we know how strong it is and how heavily (or not) people rely on it.

~www.tapproject.net~ Transferable In-game Multiplatform In-game Currency
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:31:52 AM

Well, bubble is in the crypto scene, just not in bitcoin / ethereum. Every other project/crypto out there currently is 99% dumb speculation. By dumb speculation i mean investment into projects that had and have 0 potential. Atleast some of bitcoin's speculation comes from outside investors as a hedge against fiat.

Like it or not, Ethereum is probably the biggest bubble of them all.
1. It was supported by Polo whales for ages and its price had nothing to do with its current situation (I'm talking about the problems ETH had in the past, not sure now as I don't follow its progress and I don't care if it reach $10,000).
2. Crowdsales/funding based on Ethereum are insane. How did Aragon raised $25 Million in half an hour?

Ever get tired of being dead wrong? Do you still think Amazon is a scam?

These are all just networks, man...
And Metcalfe's Law drove internet valuation and it's driving the Alt Boom...
Note that Alts with massive, superhighway connection potential like segwit/LN enabled and Ethereum ecosystem are exploding.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:11:34 PM

It is funny how things changes fast. all crypto gained x3 in last month. in November 2013 it gained x5. So we are close to top.
danielwwt

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:25:04 PM

I really don't like the word, "coin". When people see coin, they associate it with money instantly. However, are they really money? No!

To me, each coin is a small share of different project. You buy or sell shares based on how each project performs, just like stocks.

People say these coins worth nothing, but they are actually shares of different projects.

What would you think if we called it bitshare?
sherlock_h

Activity: 56

Byteball: DAG, Built-in Chat, Conditional Payments

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:03:56 PM

If Bitcoin is in a bubble, surely this is just the beginning. Regarding altcoins, it's complete madness.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:17:23 PM

Doge last commit on github in 2015... Blackcoin same almost.

Your point is? BC is one of my favorites (and one of my huge "failures" (as I made like 4 BTC profit from it in 2 weeks, but it later reached such heights, that I've "lost" over $100k in potential profit)). Banks are sometime using a 50+ year old code.
Well the potential profit loses are something you can’t blame any currency for it. What if we say that it is due to our own mistakes that we are not that able to judge the things properly in a good way which could benefit us the most and then we don’t accept our fault but blame something or someone other?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: