Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In terms of acceptance of bitcoins...  (Read 1334 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:06:04 AM

in our world today, lots of people have accepted bitcoin and has been using it.
But the majority, still won't accept the concept of bitcoin and its usefulness and still prefer fiat money.
As how closed those other people's minds are right now, how much time do you think it would take for everyone to accept the concept of bitcoins??
Or is it just a childish dream and will never happen??

you can't blame them, many don't yet accept bitcoin because it is not regulated and they are running a legit business and going towards adopting bitcoin is a lot of work and paperwork for their legal department. and they have not yet seen enough demand from their users.
but when bitcoin becomes regulated, like what we are witnessing in Japan, many more businesses start accepting bitcoin and also regular people also start buying bitcoin because it is less scary now.

Only Bitcoin
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 08:22:25 AM

But the majority, still won't accept the concept of bitcoin and its usefulness and still prefer fiat money.
As how closed those other people's minds are right now, how much time do you think it would take for everyone to accept the concept of bitcoins??

I'd rather say it is a fantasy (or even a lunacy of sorts)

Basically, the point you raise has nothing to do with accepting or rejecting the concept of bitcoin (usefulness, or utility, is an entirely different aspect or point, just in case). Many people don't have a clue about the concept behind fiat money they are using daily but do they care or does it somehow limit their ability to use money? To drive a car you don't need to be a mechanic to know which parts the internal combustion engine consists of, you don't have to be an engineer either to understand how it works. It is the same with Bitcoin, ultimately it all comes down to convenience and utility

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:28:07 AM

I'd rather say it is a fantasy (or even a lunacy of sorts)

Basically, the point you raise has nothing to do with accepting or rejecting the concept of bitcoin (usefulness, or utility, is an entirely different aspect or point, just in case). Many people don't have a clue about the concept behind fiat money they are using daily but do they care or does it somehow limit their ability of using money? To drive a car you don't need to be a mechanic to know which parts the internal combustion engine consists of, you don't need to be an engineer either to understand how it works

Definitely that is a fact that majority of people today are having that kind of characteristics. People have become concerned about how to do it but no longer on what makes it work. With regards to bitcoin people are more concerned with how to get profit our of bitcoins and how to use bitcoins without being knowing what is bitcoin and why did the Satoshi made it. The concept behind bitcoin may not be very crucial to the majority but as long as bitcoin has its uses and a value people and the business sector will going to adopt it.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:34:30 AM

People will surely cling to money and bitcoin is a par with money because if it is converted it is equivalent to any fiat but has a bigger price value because of the increase it does right now, but most people don't have such knowledge that bitcoin is like that I am still encountering some if I question him about bitcoin they don't have any idea about it, I think bitcoin is famous on the side of people that have open their minds on what bitcoin really is I think those kind of people need to open up their minds just like me, I just have a friend that had open up my mind and eyes on what bitcoin can really do.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:45:05 AM

You shouldnt be worrying about that too much coz youd probably be dead by then.
But to answer the question, its kind of possible and impossible, coz people love money. And bitcoins have great value and will obviously increase in value plus it can make things easier, there would probably be a lot of people drawn into it. But the sad thing is that people see bitcoins as something bad or illegal because of the people using it for illegal things. Also, the banks feeding the media want the crypto currencies ruined, so i really don't know so i just wouldn't bother. Its good to focus about today and the near future for now rather than stress yourself about the far future that you wont even get to reach.
Nevis

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:03:07 PM

Maybe when all of the country in the world and all big businesses that has in the influence in the social and physical world will accept bitcoins maybe thats the time when they will realize that bitcoins is worthy to spend money into it
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: