Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 07:49:33 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a complete noob please help  (Read 339 times)
Pzztat (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:43:46 PM

HI i am very new to mining I would like to mine dgb but am having major problems with setting up cg miner sgminer pretty much every miner I've tried has had some issue . I have an ad radon rx 480 8gb does anyone know a user friendly miner and pool any help would be appreciated thanks .
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:36:28 PM

HI i am very new to mining I would like to mine dgb but am having major problems with setting up cg miner sgminer pretty much every miner I've tried has had some issue . I have an ad radon rx 480 8gb does anyone know a user friendly miner and pool any help would be appreciated thanks .

This belongs in the Alt-Coin thread. Not here. This is the Bitcoin Mining Support thread ONLY.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:46:24 PM

Digibyte is a multi-algo coin. If you are solo mining, you have to set the mining algorithm to use in the wallet digibyte.conf file to one of the options. Like explained here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg10194594#msg10194594

Code:
algo=scrypt
algo=sha256d
algo=groestl
algo=qubit
algo=skein

You then can start the miner with the algorithm you chose and point it to the machine running your wallet RPC server. CGminer is a scrypt and SHA256d miner only. With SGminer you can mine any of the Digibyte algorithms.

If you are mining at a pool, you need to use a pool that is mining the same algorithm as the miner algorithm you choose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: