Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:53:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me mine without leaving a trace  (Read 919 times)
johndoetheminer (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:54:04 AM

Hello!

How do I mine in a specific computer without leaving a trace and changing the process name?

Thank you! Replies are much appreciated!

BR,
John Doe The Miner
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tangleNinja

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:07:38 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

This cant be legal, I am guessing student wants to abuse his university pc's.

Nope.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:13:31 AM

Hello!

How do I mine in a specific computer without leaving a trace and changing the process name?

BR,
John Doe The Miner

If you want to mine BTC on an ordinary pc without the user noticing, you'll need to make sure your miner doesn't push the cpu load to 100%, and the mining process should have lower priority, so other tasks get more cpu cycles if needed... Mining with such a setup will net you a couple cents/year/PC, do you really want to risk losing your job/getting expelled/getting sued for a couple cents a year?

If you want to mine, the only way to do it profitably is by using an ASIC, but i think it'll be kind of hard to hide a last-gen asic in your computer lab (don't do this, i'm pretty sure it's illegal)Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
johndoetheminer (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:27:07 AM

The computer is in Linux, CentOs and Debian! Thank you!
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:29:59 AM

The computer is in Linux, CentOs and Debian! Thank you!

The OS doesn't matter in this case... CPU mining is dead... Wether your os is server 2015, XP, windows 95, SLES, debian, ubuntu, solaris, AIX,... Mining with a desktop will give you a maximum profit of a couple cents a year, and since you're asking how to run a miner stealthly, i can only presume you're not going to ask permission to install and run mining software on the PC's you're going to use this "trick" for, thus you'll be risking expulsion/firing/being sued for a couple cents/PC/year...

To add to this: most up-to-date mining software removed cpu mining years ago... If you really wanted to do this, you'd have to find old, buggy sourcecode of cgminer or something, then compile everything yourself... It would be a hell of a task, and your profit would be allmost 0, while your risk would be rather big.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
johndoetheminer (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:34:17 AM

Hi,

Thank you for replies. Hmmm I'll consider buying ASIC for mining. Thank you all!
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:28:30 AM

Hello!

BR,
John Doe The Miner

i think isn't a good idea to use a bot net, where bot net harware, isn't yours!!!
be carefull...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 12:39:21 PM

This almost sounds like criminal activity.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:35:59 PM

This almost sounds like criminal activity.

Pretty sure it directly is. There is no reason to hide the process unless you are using someones hardware without permission. It amazes me that people posts these kinds of requests as often as they do. They should just title the threads "Help Me Steal"

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:04:25 PM

You could make a small C++ program or something to watch for inactivity and start mining. However, because you want to do it anonymously, my guess is that these aren't all your computers. Bitcoin mining won't be particularly effective on CPUs, so your best bet is an altcoin or just buying some equipment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: