Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day everyone !  (Read 4401 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:21:57 AM

Or he can't do Maths.  Grin
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:31:42 AM

Seven years ago, on May 22nd 2010, 2 pizzas were bought for 10'000 bitcoins, say USD 21 millions as of today.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-pizza-day-celebrating-pizza-bought-10000-btc/

After a terrific roll, I wouldn't be surprised if it trades at 20'000$ in 7 years!

Not only this year, two years ago when I am new to bitcoin and heard this news I really surprised. And now am I surprised? Yes, I am still surprised because the price is still make us surprise. We can't say he is an idiot to throw his 10k btc, Because he can't read the future. But we can blame ourselves to not buy it when we know the price will keep rising up.

HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:41:57 AM

Now go buy off 100 billion doge because it might some day be worth $1000/Doge, lol who sold those pizzas and do they still have them or have they dumped long time ago?
In my area a decent pizza with lots of extra cheese costs $8 and a number one pizza with best quality could go high as $25.
Well after taking a bath and prayers I'm going to get a pizza and eat with my mom since only we both are at home right now. Smiley
I think 1 doge will not worth $1000 because that price is very big . I think the possible high pricr of doge is only $1 only because the price is only 150 satoshi. But everything will possible to happen. The price of the pizza here in my place is only 4 dollars each and they have already cheese but if you have more cheese you can $1 only .

Op will bought pizza befire the price 10 bitcoin and if they sell it today its more than 20,000 dollars that is very big amount. But the price on that year is very low price so did not know the price will reaach very high.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:50:52 AM

Seeing this photos makes me Hungry. I think  I will buy some pizza's later. This kind of celebration is nice, because it helps people recognized more what is bitcoin.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:08:53 AM

Does anyone know where that guy is and what hes doing these days? Hes not serving pizzas for a living I hope. Hehehe. That would be so ironic.
If a person can pay that much for a pizza then he might also have some other amount of bitcoin and he will have tat in his wallet so I am sure that he will be a more millionaire with his remaining bitcoins and he will now take care of his bitcoins.

Maybe. But a person who sells that much BTC for a couple pizzas might have also already sold his whole stockpile of coins at lower prices. I know Im more wrong than right on this but thats the impression I have on him.
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:34:30 PM

Does anyone know where that guy is and what hes doing these days? Hes not serving pizzas for a living I hope. Hehehe. That would be so ironic.
If a person can pay that much for a pizza then he might also have some other amount of bitcoin and he will have tat in his wallet so I am sure that he will be a more millionaire with his remaining bitcoins and he will now take care of his bitcoins.

Maybe. But a person who sells that much BTC for a couple pizzas might have also already sold his whole stockpile of coins at lower prices. I know Im more wrong than right on this but thats the impression I have on him.
yes that is also possible but as we know that he have adopted bitcoin as a payment/money so it is the nature of every person that he do not spend all of their money but spend some part of his money and try to save more part of it for the future needs or for future investment etc.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:27:33 AM

Let's party with Pizza Bitcoin everything.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:06:54 AM

yes that is also possible but as we know that he have adopted bitcoin as a payment/money so it is the nature of every person that he do not spend all of their money but spend some part of his money and try to save more part of it for the future needs or for future investment etc.

Isnt that treating BTC more like a stock or a security? If its treated really like money, then we should start spending it. But most of us dont. We all love to tuck it in cold storage and squirrel it away like were so afraid that someone might steal it from us.

So if he did really treat it as money then maybe he did go broke.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:49:11 AM

Isnt that treating BTC more like a stock or a security? If its treated really like money, then we should start spending it. But most of us dont. We all love to tuck it in cold storage and squirrel it away like were so afraid that someone might steal it from us.
You made a nice point but not everyone is fond of buying materialistic things.He who plans for the future holds the key for the riches.They can do whatever they want with their bitcoins.Had the pizza guy saved those coins,he would probably have a house by the beach today.

So if he did really treat it as money then maybe he did go broke.
He didn't go broke.He got what he paid for.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
bitcoin199

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:42:28 AM

it was a memorable day, I don't agree with people making fun of the exchange of thousands of BTC to a pizza, that was it's value at that time, so you can't look at it by today's standards, for example if you somehow could contact google makers when it was just a project you could have made billions for a relatively small startup investment.
Takuul

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:52:41 PM

This one always shows how something like BTC can turn to be an unprecedented success, who would have expected a no-name currency that people used to play around with would be so much success (answer: allot seemed to think so, at least allot of those oriented in development).

Anyway, I don't see it as an exceptionally bad deal at the time, These 10,000 worthed a pizza at the time (or even less), hence it's all good and I'm sure both of them are much bitcoin-richer than us the readers.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:00:27 PM

That's a hell of a Papa John's pizza right there and I wonder if it has some pineapples in it? But kidding aside, Laszlo just put his mark forever in the bitcoin economy because of the ever increasing price of bitcoin and with 10,000 btc.

And to this day, I still wonder whether laszlo still has couple of tens of thousands of bitcoins in his disposal?
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:06:47 PM

Lazslo was interviewed by Time magazine & said he had no regrets.  I'm sure he mined and kept manymore BTC

He's a BTC Hero.  He got the blockchain transactions rolling.
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:15:41 PM

Lazslo was interviewed by Time magazine & said he had no regrets.  I'm sure he mined and kept manymore BTC

But still 10,000 bitcoin is hard to mine considering the total volume of btc is not big. I think deep inside he want to hang on the rope now. Cheesy
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:50:28 PM

I have to admit that I had a great laughter when I see this thread, we really need to create an event every year on this day!
 Grin

Yeah because it will also serves a anniversary of bitcoin. More event like this will encourage more people to used bitcoin because while working for it to earn money there are time to enjoy and celebrate things that are connected to bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

I cashed out some Bitcoin and bought a pizza in honour of this special occasion Smiley Bet that buy eh sold the pizza is laughing his ass all the way to the bank and they buy who bought it better had enjoyed the most expensive pizza in the world. ^^

But still 10,000 bitcoin is hard to mine considering the total volume of btc is not big. I think deep inside he want to hang on the rope now. Cheesy

Maybe he kept a whole load of Bitcoin. If he had any sense he would have. Maybe he had another 10k more or even more. Who knows. I personally believe he had many to spare.

Dite1989

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

E᙭OTIᑕ ♥ ᑕOIᑎS

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 08:36:28 PM

Haha, they must have been very good pizzas. It's like you cut your private keys into pizza-paste then eat. I wish we had a pizza-collectible that represents this important historical event.

BigBall

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:45:56 PM

Happy Birthday I cant imaginate now that somebody sold for that amount of bitcoin.I wilould never do that in their place because he could know that bitcoin  will grow.
jhannlenr

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:07:38 PM

in that time, it wasn't an actually a bad deal IMO, However it just shows you how reliable, resilient and constitutionality increasing in value from the first day to day, even the change from down to upward trend it improves regularly over long term till now.
ScorpionKing

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:26:45 AM

Terrific roll indeed, no one in the world at that time, could have expected something like this is happening "the rise of bitcoin to this level" as well as an exchange like this.. Both parties already have way more coins than us probably and the pizza was worth that in the time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: