Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FUD] Faucets ?  (Read 528 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:13:44 AM

So i looked and i got $85 on Bittrex in Bitcoin.
I got it by using the faucet / gambling site years ago.
I got a bunch of referrals on it.. which kept paying even after i stopped using the site.
If you all want to try it i put my ref link in my SIG.

I am not trying to advertise my link here..
I'm curious if faucets exist.. i have heard nothing about them for ages.

The one i mentioned is a gambling site too but you can play free Dice game 1x per hour.
So it's sort of like a faucet.

With that site i can share my referral link then the site gives me some BTC if other sign up & play.
But it is 100% legit as i have said occasionally before. (site is around 3 years old i think)

But old-school faucets were more simple..
You would simply go to a web site then click the "gimme coins" button.
So is that a thing still ?

I always liked the idea because people then do not have to send money from their bank to an exchange etc.
Then like me you can start doing this crypto stuff with nothing invested.

When is showed up i didn't really have any extra money..
But even if i did ? I was not going to send it to Cryptsy or Poloniex or Gox etc.
So i started out with Faucets and some old PC / GPU mining and a bit of trading on exchanges.

Anyone know ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:42:29 AM

there are a lot of these ad-spamming-sites: just use a search engine and you will find sites likes this one:
http://ifaucet.net/bitcoin/browser/

i never used one. so don't call me a faucet promotor.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:29:16 PM

Of course they run ad's ..that is how they pay for the free coins.
And i am aware of Google.. that was not the point.

Trophonius

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:32:55 PM

Yes they do exists, if I'm not mistaking there are also Monero and Ethereum faucets now.

They do not pay anything though, only a few bits. Which is nothing.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:09:38 PM

Get the point here ?
I am asking if they are USED ..not if they exist.
And i also do not intend to use any so i am not asking for links to them either.
I'm simply curious what the current state of affairs is.

I'd assume the majority walk into crypto spending real money on this crap.
But some of refuse to spend real money on shitcoins.

I also did not want to post to spread my ref link either.. which is why i put it in my SIG and not in this topic.
That way you can all see what i mean. (a working example)
I also have proof of pay-out's too of course Wink

And i highlighted the difference between a true faucet and a gambling site.
I was asking if REAL faucets even exist anymore and are they being used by people.
At least a notable amount anyway.

NOTE:
Historically they would dry up or be taken down.
Hence why i am asking.
Are they all dead & gone in 2017 ?

Combined with them and some super ultra small mining i built up about 12k in BTC way back and spent it all over the course of a year maybe.. randomly buying stuff and giving some away etc.
The faucets were another key part of it all for me.
It was free coins.. like with coin giveaways on Troll boxes or on this forum when it was allowed.

There is nothing more interesting to me in crypto than the initial distribution of a coin.
So does a faucet offend you all mostly or what ?
Yeah they are ALL going to serve ad's.. that is a given.

But yeah post what ever you want ..hopefully you don't spam this with faucet links though (that was not my intention) as guy said.. we can just Google it right ? LOL

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:19:46 PM

Faucets are still alive. There are still hundreds of faucets in the network and mostly of these are using micropayments services to make payments.
In 2016, Google Adsense started to ban faucet owners which are using Adsense on their faucets. Many faucets closed, others lowered rewards. Now faucets are monetized with bitcoin paying ad networks and popups networks.
And time by time, faucets become more complicated to use than in past - captchas become harder, anti bot buttons was added, advertisements become more aggressive.
In end of 2016 main micropayments service Faucetbox was closed due to lack of profit. But another one ePay.info is still alive and new one Faucethub was opened.
So, faucets are not dead. Many faucets opens daily, others goes dry. But I see trend of growing amount of faucet-games instead of simple faucet with captcha, address field and reward button.

Trophonius

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:51:55 AM

If they exist there is always someone using them, so yes they are used, why else would someone pay for the hosting? If he doesnt earn anything from it?
ridhobagus2308

Activity: 358
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:52:59 AM

i want to try faucet , i have one in freebitcoin it take one hour before can roll again,
you guys have any recomend sites? with diffrent rules maybe?
gringoprivelege

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:33:15 PM

The only faucet i've used is on primedice. You have to wait before you can roll again. Any recommendations?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: