Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CNC][P2Pool] Altcoin.pw Mining Pool -Shut Down Due to DDoS Attack-  (Read 7318 times)
Tittiez (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:11:01 AM

!!! Someone mining either screwed up their address or didn't set one! You will not receive coins by doing that, you are basically donating to me. !!!

Double check your miners if you think this is you.
txmasut

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 01:13:53 AM

I have multiple 650 k/h cards at your pool.  Is it better to be at the smaller share size?  I was at the larger share size buy most blocks I didn't even submit a single share.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:14:34 AM

Been mining for over 2 hours with the lower difficulty. Over 200 shares but no payout yet Sad

Even if you are mining with the lower difficulty, you are still just waiting until you get to the P2Pool difficulty. You won't recieve anything until you find a P2Pool share. Keep mining, it is just luck. Once you find one, you will be paid a consistent amount for a total of 120 P2Pool shares (I think that is what the PPLNS is set to).
md34ma

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:16:15 AM

What if we don't get 120 shares and stop mining after having just 10-20 shares. Will we still get the reward?
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:16:36 AM

I have multiple 650 k/h cards at your pool.  Is it better to be at the smaller share size?  I was at the larger share size buy most blocks I didn't even submit a single share.

High difficulty and low difficulty really make no difference since you don't make anything until you mine a high difficulty share anyway. Your shares aren't consistently what you set it to, you just set the minimum that you want to generate.

In the end, it makes zero difference. I'd just leave it.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:16:51 AM

Been mining for over 2 hours with the lower difficulty. Over 200 shares but no payout yet Sad

Even if you are mining with the lower difficulty, you are still just waiting until you get to the P2Pool difficulty. You won't recieve anything until you find a P2Pool share. Keep mining, it is just luck. Once you find one, you will be paid a consistent amount for a total of 120 P2Pool shares (I think that is what the PPLNS is set to).

Is there a time limit?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:17:33 AM

What if we don't get 120 shares and stop mining after having just 10-20 shares. Will we still get the reward?

Sadly, I do not think so. If you really want to stop you should wait for your next P2Pool share, then stop right after.
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:20:36 AM

Is there a time limit?

What do you mean?

I'm not 100% sure on how P2Pool works, It's been a long time since I've used it. From my knowledge all shares are pooled, and for every share you mine you will get a slice of a block until your share expires from said share pool. Looking at the code I think that share pool is 120 shares in size.

I'm talking about P2Pool shares, not low difficulty shares. (Again, I think)
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:21:30 AM

Is there a time limit?

What do you mean?

I'm not 100% sure on how P2Pool works, It's been a long time since I've used it. From my knowledge all shares are pooled, and for every share you mine you will get a slice of a block until your share expires from said share pool.

Cheers

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

md34ma

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:22:46 AM

Sadly, I do not think so. If you really want to stop you should wait for your next P2Pool share, then stop right after.

Wait a minute, this is only for +0.0025 setting right?
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:31:31 AM

The best way I can explain it is with an example.

Notice how none of those shares are actually difficulty 16.

Even if you are sending more shares, you won't actually make anything until you get a share that is equal to or higher then P2Pool's difficulty. That share in the middle over a thousand was one I think.

You aren't loosing anything though, don't misunderstand.

Lets say it took you an hour, but you finally got a P2Pool share. It wouldn't have mattered if your difficulty was 16, or set by the pool, because you still had a share worth enough to be a P2Pool share. The setting basically tells cgminer "Don't send any shares lower then this difficulty".

It's hard to explain, if you read up on the bitcoin wiki about how shares and pools work you may understand better. The point is, wait until you start receiving money in your wallet before you stop mining.
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:36:46 AM

And I sort of forgot to answer your question straight out. Yes, that statement was only for those using smaller shares.

If you are using +0.00025 you should wait until you see transactions coming into your wallet before you stop mining, because that means one of your shares was a high enough difficulty to be accepted.

If you aren't using +0.00025 you should stop mining as soon as you get a single share, because that means you mined a P2Pool share.
destruct

Activity: 1232

Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:51:20 AM

Will the transactions ever get higher? I'm sending 550kh/s and only getting 0.3473112 CNC per payout.

Was getting 2-8CNC earlier with different pool.

md34ma

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:59:39 AM

Well, the difficulty went up about an hour ago. Meaning you will make 4 times less money than before.

And with the other pool you might have gotten 3-8 CNC but it was less often so all in all, about the same really..
rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:17:25 AM

Throwing around 17,500 KH at it overnight...for the heck of it. We'll see how this goes. Smiley
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:22:04 AM

Throwing around 17,500 KH at it overnight...for the heck of it. We'll see how this goes. Smiley

That's nothing I can't handle. Wink
md34ma

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:22:47 AM

Just keep the pool going, it's going great. Don't stop it for any reason Tongue
destruct

Activity: 1232

Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:37:40 AM

Well, the difficulty went up about an hour ago. Meaning you will make 4 times less money than before.

And with the other pool you might have gotten 3-8 CNC but it was less often so all in all, about the same really..

Bob's second pool I was getting 2-8 CNC I was getting the transactions every minute or 2

Here I'm getting them every minute or 2 as well just SIGNIFICANTLY less.. so all-in-all no where near the same.

md34ma

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:41:36 AM

Yeah, I stopped getting CHNCoins too... kinda sucks tbh!

:-S

Do bob's pool still work?
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:47:10 AM

It depends on luck. There is a high variance with P2Pool. Sometimes you will make more, sometimes you will make less. Over time it evens out to what you should make depending on your hashrate. Switching pools doesn't change luck. Tongue

Some people can't take variance though, it's understandable.

The difficulty is 1 now as well, it is 4 times less profitable to mine.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: