Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:04:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best and most Trustworthy Platform to Short bitcoin ?  (Read 1150 times)
erpbridge (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:09:33 PM

As the title says. I am looking for the Best and most Trustworthy Platform to Short bitcoin. Country is not a big issue. States will be fine. Just don't want to hand over my money to an untrustworthy exchange because I expect to hold my short for a long time.

surus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:44:25 PM

There is indeed need for a transparent exchange that would enable efficient shorting or maybe futures/options for cryptocurrencies. It would also solve the problem of lock-up period for the new projects.   

Cryptocurrency arbitrage and market maker: www.rialto.ai
erpbridge (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:00:53 AM

Bump. Still looking for an answer to this. I found an exchange but the fees is way too much for me to short long term. Anyone knows of platforms which would allow me to short at a lower fees ?
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:23:06 AM

Bump. Still looking for an answer to this. I found an exchange but the fees is way too much for me to short long term. Anyone knows of platforms which would allow me to short at a lower fees ?
I recommend you bittrex exchange and Poliniex only. The reaso why bittrex and Poloniex only, most of whales play on these sites which is good for scalping/shorting. For his reason, you can watch how whales put their buy orders and when they put their sell orders. For this reason, you can observe it and make profit with them. Another reason, they are secured and tested trading site though the fee isn't too low it's nothing if you gained so much from your trades.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 04:47:34 AM

While I think bitcoin is overvalued, I would be terrified to short sell it due to the potential for unlimited losses. However, if there were options on Bitcoin I would consider some put options to be good short opportunities if they have expirations about 6-12 months out.

Anyone know if there are any options exchanges for bitcoin or crypto in general? That would be very interesting. Unfortunately I don't think any exist.

Ethan_Locke

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Make a Bet, Make a Bit!

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:04:31 PM

Poloniex and Whaleclub, Poloniex is extremely respected and Whaleclub has superb user interface.

MECKABIT ║█║║█║ MAKE A BET, MAKE A BIT! ║█║║█║ MECKABIT
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰❰  PLAY FOR FREE  ❱❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
INSTANT DEPOSITS PROMOTIONAL EVENTS PROVABLY FAIR
HanSchultz

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:01:11 AM

I recommend you bittrex exchange and Poliniex only.
I am trading in Polo and bittrex for a long time and never tried shorting bitcoin,nor did i notice a feature which will allow me to short the coins,i know it is a high risk move to short the coins but i would like to know more options where i can do short selling just like in the stock market.@OP just tell which site you have found for shorting and is there any good tutorial to understand these things.
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:15:42 AM

okcoin.com , one of the biggest exchanger in the world owned by tim draper
i'm trading there since 2 years = not a single issue , all transactions smooth

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████