Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:34:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best cards for different currencies.  (Read 480 times)
RigbyDigby (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:17:19 PM

My buddy and I are looking to get a few rigs. We want to be able to mine a variety of Altcoins depending on price and production.  What are currently the best cards from experience for Sol/s and electricity costs.  Zcash, ether, doge, monero, and Gno.  Looking for cards for these ones.
miner417

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:56:29 PM

If you just looked around on some of the posts on the front page, you'd get an answer pretty fast... Nvidia 10 series for Zec, Amd RX x70 - x80 series for Eth. Doge is Asics. Monero is AMD cards again, can use Nvidia.
RigbyDigby (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:21:33 PM

Thanks for the reply, again im a bit newer but I am reading alot of these threads which are great.  We are wondering what would be a good cross-platform card for mining multiple popular altcurrencies.  We just ordered 6 rx 580's.    Is there just a good multi platform card that works well with those currencies I stated above.  Or is it better just to focus on getting cards for specific currencies?
miner417

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:37:38 PM

The higher end Nvidia cards can do them all quite well, but you pay a premium on the cards of course. There's other altcoins out there that you could look at as well. Check out whattomine.com to just get a good idea of some of the other stuff. The values on the site are good guesstimates, don't make your decisions soley off of that, but it's a good way to get a little information.

I currently run RX470-480s, I just purchased a couple 1080's to see how I like them over the AMD cards, since AMD cards have had a major price hike recently with the eth spike.
RigbyDigby (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:17:16 PM

Thanks again for the response.  All comments are appreciated!  I built a gaming computer with a gtx 1070 ftw.  Great card from what I understand.  We are currently going to be doing the similar 6x rx480/580/570 w.e.  My friend is more focused on the hardware aspect and has been helping me with that, whereas I am more focused on the economics of the currencies were going to mine.  If you have any advice or success stories with your rig or problems you may have had it would help a lot seeing as were setting up similar rigs. 
miner417

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:35:09 PM

You could mine Zec on that Nvidia when you're not gaming.

For a 6x RX580 rig, you might have an issue. Look in the Dedicated Rx5xx series thread for more info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: