Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:19:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiba's Art Thread  (Read 20900 times)
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 08:00:22 PM

hands definitely need more work =)
I quite liked the hands in version 34, because one of them looks quite masculine, which just adds to the ambiguity of the whole situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 08:03:34 PM

hands definitely need more work =)
I quite liked the hands in version 34, because one of them looks quite masculine, which just adds to the ambiguity of the whole situation.

The hand on the hip? The right hand on the cloak?

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 08:10:02 PM

Sorry, I already deleted your image (and I'm not going to pay again to download it again), but I think the left hand was across the woman's stomach. The finger shapes, and the smudge that could have been hair on the back of the hand, made it look masculine to me.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 08:12:53 PM

Sorry, I already deleted your image (and I'm not going to pay again to download it again), but I think the left hand was across the woman's stomach. The finger shapes, and the smudge that could have been hair on the back of the hand, made it look masculine to me.

It will be cleaned up in the end.

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 11:36:47 PM

I'd like to have your views on my post about the selling of information with bitcoins.  See there :  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344.0

In order to sell an image, one solution would be to sell a blured image.  You would display the blured image on your website, and you would improve it for each additionnal paiement.

To do so you could use for instance imagemagick :

convert original_image.jpg  -blur ${N}x${N} blured_image.jpg

Where ${N}  would be the size of the blur filter (the smaller it is, the better is the image).

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 11:52:43 PM

I'd like to have your views on my post about the selling of information with bitcoins.  See there :  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344.0

In order to sell an image, one solution would be to sell a blured image.  You would display the blured image on your website, and you would improve it for each additionnal paiement.

To do so you could use for instance imagemagick :

convert original_image.jpg  -blur ${N}x${N} blured_image.jpg

Where ${N}  would be the size of the blur filter (the smaller it is, the better is the image).

Interesting solution. However, the incomplete work already functioned as "blurring".

I sell the latest revision of my art each day. If they want me to continue, they will continue to buy to see further rendition of my artwork.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 12:02:58 AM

Second update of the day:

http://ubitio.us/file/download/37

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2010, 12:12:53 AM

OK, I paid .02 more bitcoins...and I'm still very disturbed by what I see.  The left arm almost looks like a man's.  And it almost look like she (Satoshi?) is being groped by a man behind her, but there is obviously no man behind her.  Anyway, I obviously like your artwork, else I would have not paid for two versions of it already. 

I can't wait for it to be finished.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 12:17:17 AM

OK, I paid .02 more bitcoins...and I'm still very disturbed by what I see.  The left arm almost looks like a man's.  And it almost look like she (Satoshi?) is being groped by a man behind her, but there is obviously no man behind her.  Anyway, I obviously like your artwork, else I would have not paid for two versions of it already. 

I can't wait for it to be finished.

Gottach draw better hands somehow, but I am afraid the smudges will mess it up?

Anyway, thanks for your support. I feel like, I am gathering fans!

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 01:47:58 PM

Gottach draw better hands...

Isn't the left hand the wrong way around? If I fold my left hand over my chest, my thumb is at the top, but you seem to have drawn the thumb at the bottom of the hand.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 05:03:25 PM

Gottach draw better hands...

Isn't the left hand the wrong way around? If I fold my left hand over my chest, my thumb is at the top, but you seem to have drawn the thumb at the bottom of the hand.

That's the right hand.

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 05:17:19 PM

That's the right hand.

I mean the hand that appears to be clutching her right breast. If that's her right hand, there is some very odd contortion going on. And if it's her left hand, the thumb needs to be at the top.

Unless it really is someone else's right hand.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 05:19:19 PM

That's the right hand.

I mean the hand that appears to be clutching her right breast. If that's her right hand, there is some very odd contortion going on. And if it's her left hand, the thumb needs to be at the top.

Unless it really is someone else's right hand.

Hmm, are you sure you're not confused?

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 05:56:26 PM

Darn it, Kiba, you're doing very well out of me financially. Because I didn't save the image, I had to download it again. Each time I just close the browser window, thinking I won't need to see that version of the image again.

And no, I'm not confused. I'm talking about the hand that is higher up. It is over the girl's right breast, and the elbow is by her left side. So it's her left hand for sure. And yet the thumb is shown at the bottom.

You try to pose your own body in her position, and you will see that the thumb just can't go that way.

Don't forget, the girl's left shoulder is on the right of the drawing as we look at it, because the girl is facing us.

But although it's anatomically wrong, I kind of like it because it adds quite some ambiguity to the picture, i.e. "just what is going on here?".

Anyway, this time I'm saving the image for a couple of days, in case you manage to convince me that right is left and left is right.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 05:58:24 PM

Darn it, Kiba, you're doing very well out of me financially. Because I didn't save the image, I had to download it again. Each time I just close the browser window, thinking I won't need to see that version of the image again.

And no, I'm not confused. I'm talking about the hand that is higher up. It is over the girl's right breast, and the elbow is by her left side. So it's her left hand for sure. And yet the thumb is shown at the bottom.

You try to pose your own body in her position, and you will see that the thumb just can't go that way.

Don't forget, the girl's left shoulder is on the right of the drawing as we look at it, because the girl is facing us.

But although it's anatomically wrong, I kind of like it because it adds quite some ambiguity to the picture, i.e. "just what is going on here?".

Anyway, this time I'm saving the image for a couple of days, in case you manage to convince me that right is left and left is right.

Ah, thanks, I will redraw the left hand. Left and right are sooooo confusing.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 01:23:46 AM

I redrew the left hand. However, smudges that can't be removed means that if I keep further revising, than it will be further dark. I got an idea on how to fix it though. I'll simply digitally erase the hand area, print it out and redraw it, then scan it in. My only fear is that the quality of the lines may degrade. However, I think it will be best be done when the line art is complete, but by then, I'll simply move on to other art project. It'll be worth a revisit in the future.

Other than that, I am struggling dealing with perspective. I discovered that the height of cluster box must be smaller as it goes inward. I also discovered that lines must be pretty parallel.

Once drawing cluster box is complete, I will probably add further details like tubes and other decoration, and then it's off to the cleaning phrase.

http://ubitio.us/file/download/44

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 03:07:29 AM

I will be trying out bencoder's download service in the next artwork revision that I sell. If I like it enough, I might switch to bencoder's site. Hippich, watch out!

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2010, 04:49:13 AM

I redrew the left hand. However, smudges that can't be removed means that if I keep further revising, than it will be further dark. I got an idea on how to fix it though. I'll simply digitally erase the hand area, print it out and redraw it, then scan it in. My only fear is that the quality of the lines may degrade. However, I think it will be best be done when the line art is complete, but by then, I'll simply move on to other art project. It'll be worth a revisit in the future.

Other than that, I am struggling dealing with perspective. I discovered that the height of cluster box must be smaller as it goes inward. I also discovered that lines must be pretty parallel.

Once drawing cluster box is complete, I will probably add further details like tubes and other decoration, and then it's off to the cleaning phrase.

http://ubitio.us/file/download/44

That looks much better!  Now it's no longer disturbing, because now it's a picture of a hot chick feeling herself, instead of being groped by some mysterious invisible man.  Thanks!

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 04:52:19 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2010, 05:23:40 AM by kiba

That looks much better!  Now it's no longer disturbing, because now it's a picture of a hot chick feeling herself, instead of being groped by some mysterious invisible man.  Thanks!

Not my intention to portray it that way. She's touching her cloak. I'll try to remedy this error by trying my above method.

hippich

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 04:05:36 PM

I will be trying out bencoder's download service in the next artwork revision that I sell. If I like it enough, I might switch to bencoder's site. Hippich, watch out!

I missed something.. Where I can learn more about bencoder's site?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: