Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 08:56:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought Bitcoin, Have not Received Them.. Little to no Help from Simplex Support  (Read 346 times)
endless37 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:49:53 AM

Hello,

About 26 hours ago I made a $322 purchase of bitcoin through buy.bitcoin.com via Simplex. I went through all their steps of verification which included a selfie with me holding my debit card. (Weird) The problem started when I got to the part where they need a government issued photo on me. Out of the choices I had I chose to give them a photo of my Driver's License (Front and Back). I must've spend 3 hours uploading photo after photo in 3 different formats (JPG, PNG and TIFF) - All of which were declined by an automated email response from Simplex saying: "Unfortunately the files you uploaded do not match the requirements needed for verification because: Identity document does not meet our verification standards. The quality of the image cannot be accepted. We kindly ask you to provide a high quality color photograph of a valid identity document, on which all of the required information is visible and readable."

Note: They've already taken $322 out of my checking account

I emailed their support staff and tried to have them address my problem. I was told my ticket was received and so I waited. About 12 hours later I finally got a response from an actual human (I think). The email read: "Hello David,

We are looking into your request, and will update you when we have more information.

All the best
Simplex Support Team"

Now, I'm not an expert at customer service, but after 12 hours of wait that's all they can give me? - That they're looking into my request and will update me when the have more information? How much more information do they need!? They've taken my money, they've received maybe 25 uploads of my Driver's License ALL of which are acceptable visable and readable mind you and all I get is "We're looking into it"?

It has now been another 12 hours since the "We'll look into it" email and I still have not heard from them. This is absolutely ridiculous, can someone PLEASE help me?

Thanks,
David
Peke

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:16:56 AM

I'm on the same boat. They just keep asking for new ID photos over and over again with automated emails. This is just BS.

Did you receive your bitcoin?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: