Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:50:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bios Mod for Asus Strix RX 4704gb (Samsung memory).
Bios Mod - 1 (100%)
Starting mining - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bios Mod for Asus Strix RX 4704gb (Samsung memory).  (Read 396 times)
wandersongj (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:30:35 PM

Hello,

I'm new to the Forum. I'm starting mining now. I tried some changes in the bios of my RX 470 4gb Asus Strix (Samsung memory), and got a maximum of 25Mh. Does anyone have a stable mod bios for this board?

I searched the forum and did not find it.
zefiro

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

Heya,

I know that have been past a long time, but do u still have the original bios file for this card ?

I got a Strix RX470 4gb with samsung mems, but cant find original bios for it...
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 04:01:26 PM

Don't bother modding the gpu because it's 4gb version and they are short of enough memory for Ethereum DAG, meaning if you mod the. Bios you aren't getting anything pass the 25mh, pretty lucky there you know, many RX570 580 with 4gb memories are getting 21mhs

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 04:59:44 PM

Don't bother modding the gpu because it's 4gb version and they are short of enough memory for Ethereum DAG, meaning if you mod the. Bios you aren't getting anything pass the 25mh, pretty lucky there you know, many RX570 580 with 4gb memories are getting 21mhs

But if he mods it when he cant mine eth anymore the coins he can mine will benefit from the bios mod. 
Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 07:00:07 PM

But if he mods it when he cant mine eth anymore the coins he can mine will benefit from the bios mod.  
What other coins benefits from BIOs modding? Please enlighten me because everyone are modding their BIOS to get better hashrate on Ethereum Ethash Algorithm only, I've never heard about people modding bios because of Monero or other coins

buraz11

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 07:30:02 PM

Basically when bios modding you are tightening the timings on frequencies higher then 1550, so that means bios mod will help with any memory intense algorithm like lets say  verthash, where even the tref setting from amdmemtweak works.
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 09:12:13 PM

Bios modding can actually helps on other algorithms too, go for it if you can, also only Ethereum is against 4gb memory graphic cards today, they might be really useful in future if Ethereum switch to POS and another coin takes all the hashrate, this can make the new coin to be profitable to mine

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: