Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been watching the recent alt coin pumps...  (Read 1564 times)
virtualdn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:14:43 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 05:28:26 PM by virtualdn

... I can say that 1 or 2 of 10 daily pumps is a winner if you get in early... and also probably 90% of the volume belongs to whales: they buy and sell at the same time to make you join in.

Wish I have joined the REDD pump when it was 12... Smiley

Well... which are your methods to decide if a pump worths investing?

Also please note we are in an alt coin bubble and this bubble will pop someday but I don't really know when; most prices are over reality if you ask me.

1 BTC = 1 BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtualdn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:54:49 AM

No opinions folks?

1 BTC = 1 BTC
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:14:45 AM

What do you want to hear?  Obviously lots of coins are pumped on a daily basis, they sometimes sit at a price for a long time, many months, then explode in 2 minutes to double the price.  That is the whale pump.

A little later everyone else, be it bots or people just following the pumps, they jump on too, increasing the volume and the price even further.

The whales can even sell out easily nowadays that volume is so high, the dumps aren't as dramatic as before.

Yes, prices are too high. Many $10mil valued coins are pretty much worthless.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:52:03 AM

Well... which are your methods to decide if a pump worths investing?
this is the million dollar question! in other words hard to give a proper answer to.
for me it is if i see the coin is just starting to pump, not be at the end of the pump pressing its luck for a little bit more stretch. because a coin that hasn't gone up yet can go up 1000% but if it already is up, it can't go up another 1000%!
and also at this point price is also a big factor. you can always pump a coin which is worth 100 satoshi up to a huge price like 100,000 satoshi but you can't pump a coin worth 0.01BTC to 1BTC!!

also lots of other things to consider too. like if the volume is high enough, how are the buy supports, is there any big sell walls ahead.

Also please note we are in an alt coin bubble and this bubble will pop someday but I don't really know when; most prices are over reality if you ask me.
at least you already know this. that means you are half way there to success.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jackychanxxx

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:18:40 PM

the bubble won't pop so soon, it's a global trend. don't waste time watching, just buy and hold

posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:01:02 PM

What do you want to hear?  Obviously lots of coins are pumped on a daily basis, they sometimes sit at a price for a long time, many months, then explode in 2 minutes to double the price.  That is the whale pump.

A little later everyone else, be it bots or people just following the pumps, they jump on too, increasing the volume and the price even further.

The whales can even sell out easily nowadays that volume is so high, the dumps aren't as dramatic as before.

Yes, prices are too high. Many $10mil valued coins are pretty much worthless.

I think we should go with the trend. Just see at poloniex which coins have recently started pumping, invest in them at early when the pump just starts. The less the price of a alt, the more are the chances of more profit as so u have look at the price and volume at the same time. Also dont miss the troll box as sometimes the pumpers gives hint as to how high the coin will go, before its dumps. This can give you more clear vision on when to dump and secure profits.
sonic212

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:41:14 PM

the bubble won't pop so soon, it's a global trend. don't waste time watching, just buy and hold

Yes, I do not think the opportunity will come twice, to buy pumped altcoins, because this is a great opportunity for you to buy in altcoin, so if you look at it, it's a big mistake that happened to you.
chaosfourever

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:54:58 PM

Thats why I am hoping I have invested in the right alt coins. The shit coins will fail and the good ones will survive. We will hopefully see soon.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
StinkyLover

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:22:32 PM

The way things are going the only indicator you need is a red for reversal. Buy and wait for the green pickup. Any of the top 200 (all over $2m marketcap). Take your pick. The whole market is moving to a new dimension. Even the shitcoins will follow. As long as they're syncing and can be traded they'll most likely survive.

If they can't be used as currency/platform they'll be used as financial instruments. People have been waiting for shitcoins to die for years. There was even a burn coin to try and reduce them. That didn't work and the burn coin sunk into the shitcoin abyss under it's own shittiness.

Crypto is evolving.

Hell, even maxcoin is resurfacing!
ven_bug_trap

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:31:57 PM

Everyone with at least half a brain knows that the shitcoins are outrageously overvalued, so there has to be a correction at some point in the future. The issue is that shitcoins have been around for a long time, and we haven't really seen a correction yet. What will it take to push the market over the limit?
StinkyLover

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:38:43 PM

Everyone with at least half a brain knows that the shitcoins are outrageously overvalued, so there has to be a correction at some point in the future. The issue is that shitcoins have been around for a long time, and we haven't really seen a correction yet. What will it take to push the market over the limit?

Keep waiting. Join the very long queue. Yesterday's shitcoin is todays top 20 crypto worth over $200,000,000.

BTC bods say everything other than BTC is a shitcoin. Take your pick.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:12:17 PM

it's a global trend backed by absolutely nothing other than pure hype and speculation. it could still have major legs but the pop will be incredible to witness.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:43:11 PM

We got too hype in investing i guest this is the right time in investing because all of the altcoins is getting dump because guess it is because of the increasing value of the bitcoin in the market the altcoins is getting dump so you better watch the price in the market so you can buy and get a good investment.
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:45:12 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth..  Ground floor guys buy and hold. Sell when the shoe shine guy starts giving you ico crypto tips.  Now the question is ?? Which is it, the shoe shine guy in China or India Huh LOL

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

If this is just the start, can you imagine what the rest of this chart will look like in a year or two.  😂
ven_bug_trap

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:28:22 PM

BTC is like the shitcoin that's too big to fail. It has so many problems, yet actually sees use and isn't showing any signs of slowing down. What a crazy world.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:36:23 PM

BTC is like the shitcoin that's too big to fail. It has so many problems, yet actually sees use and isn't showing any signs of slowing down. What a crazy world.

it has problems that every alt would have if they were actually used. that's the vital difference.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:48:09 PM

if you want profit invest in what is not yet pumped.

the bigger coins will always seem more appealing as an investment but if you look at them they are out of fuel for their pumps. and when you pump and altcoin to a huge percentage like 1000% you can't pump it another 1000% but those altcoins that are not yet pumped have the big potential of getting pumped now.

because everyone who cashes out of the previously pumped coin is now looking to invest that money and they have more money to invest because of the previous pump!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: