Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:07:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is litebit.eu a scam?  (Read 2875 times)
Boat4Sale (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:04:42 PM

I signed up last week and got fully verified but for the past few days they have been "out of stock" of all coins??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
litebiteu

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 11:21:04 AM

Dear Boat4Sale,

Can I please refer to our facebook page? Here we explain why we are out of stock:

Dear customers,
We try to have enough supply for everybody, however we are just being sold out every time.

Every day LiteBit gets 1500 new customers. We try our best to help everbody as quick as we can but as you might imagine we cannot keep up with all the support requests.

As you might know LiteBit always solves problems and never leave you hanging with them but it will take some time this time Sad.

Today there will be enough supply for everybody, in small steps we will make it available.

Thank you and happy trading =)!

Would you mind changing the titel of your topic?

Greetz, Kenny - CEO LiteBit.eu
Interbanega

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:40:49 PM

Yes I have had the same experience, I have been approved for tier 2 transactions and I have made a transaction of €245 that they have taken from my bank account however it still says to verify my Iban number? I didn't deposit the £0.01 which i appreciate its what they asked for but instead I brought some stratis shares by sending the money to the same bank account that they wanted me to send £0.01 so I dnt understand why I have to verify my Iban? And when I go to verify my Iban it tells me to deposit £0.01 again which I feel is pointless as I've already deposited money and it's been taken by litebit.  Does anyone know why they are asking me to verify my Iban for the account they have already taken money from,  and yes the haven't responded to any of my emails since Saturday.  I hope it's not a scam because they haven't replied to any of my emails. I am pretty new to this and my first experience is not going well.
DCCCoinInvestor

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:07:03 PM

Yes I have had the same experience, I have been approved for tier 2 transactions and I have made a transaction of €245 that they have taken from my bank account however it still says to verify my Iban number? I didn't deposit the £0.01 which i appreciate its what they asked for but instead I brought some stratis shares by sending the money to the same bank account that they wanted me to send £0.01 so I dnt understand why I have to verify my Iban? And when I go to verify my Iban it tells me to deposit £0.01 again which I feel is pointless as I've already deposited money and it's been taken by litebit.  Does anyone know why they are asking me to verify my Iban for the account they have already taken money from,  and yes the haven't responded to any of my emails since Saturday.  I hope it's not a scam because they haven't replied to any of my emails. I am pretty new to this and my first experience is not going well.

Hi I dont think its a scam, I had the same thing, I started buying via another bank account that wasnt verified yet so I still had to verify it by sending the transaction (I just did the 1 euro version for immediate verification).

Sometimes if you try other routes/workarounds, the company processes just don't see it, as they are automated a lot these days. Not sure if its the case here, but I think its just best to follow the usual route of the 0,01 verification.

I have been buying and selling some and getting the money back on my bank account after sales, so all seems to work fine in the end. There is just some maintenance sometimes, out of stocks and some delay on order and email questions. But I also had quick response through facebook Dm's.

I think its due to the growth of number of customers these things happen
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:05:29 PM

Hi I dont think its a scam, I had the same thing, I started buying via another bank account that wasnt verified yet so I still had to verify it by sending the transaction (I just did the 1 euro version for immediate verification).

Sometimes if you try other routes/workarounds, the company processes just don't see it, as they are automated a lot these days. Not sure if its the case here, but I think its just best to follow the usual route of the 0,01 verification.

I have been buying and selling some and getting the money back on my bank account after sales, so all seems to work fine in the end. There is just some maintenance sometimes, out of stocks and some delay on order and email questions. But I also had quick response through facebook Dm's.

I think its due to the growth of number of customers these things happen
As you can see above on what being said by litebit staff they do really admit about delays on transaction because of increasing number of users who do use their service and in your case its better to follow standard procedure verification on which dcc said its all automated which means when you tend not to follow then expect for delays.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
OmegaV1ne

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:35:36 PM

First of all, hello to everybody, is my first post here and I'm pretty new to the subject of coins, trading etc.

To add my experience with litebit.eu here: I use litebit.eu now roughly since a week and bought viacoins and litecoins. Both transactions went quick, within like 10minutes or so. Bought both times during a regular weekday though. Some coins are not always available, they come in like batches of xx available coins. Shortly after I bought my litecoins they run apparently out of stock. Need to say I did level1 verification right from the beginning, which is entering my phone number.

I compared the transaction fees with other sites and litebit seems more on the "high" side. Fixed fee of 0.40Eur cents to buy and an internal exchange rate for coin-> litebit coin -> euros. Didn't try it yet so not totally clear for me. 
OmegaV1ne

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:20:52 PM

.. Coins appeared; not sure what happened or whether it was even my mistake; so better not to blame litebit.eu for that ..
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:50:51 PM

My story with litebit.eu so far:
Registered yesterday with tier 1 verification (phone number). Five hours ago I bought some Ardor coins for 15,93€ via GiroPay, an instant payment via bank account. This is a common payment method in Germany and offered by litebit.eu. But still the status is on "Awaiting your payment". I already opened a ticket after waiting for more than 1 hour but still no answer. In the meantime I entered my address and uploaded a telephone invoice for the tier 2 registration. It still says that they have to check the details manually. Let's see how long it will take.

So at the moment I am waiting for:

1. An answer to my question why it takes so long. Other sites (e.g. anycoin, which is also located in Netherlands) are able to handle GiroPay payments instantly.
2. My payment to be accepted (the money was instantly withdrawn from my bank account)
3. The coins to be sent to my Wallet
4. The details and documents for the tier 2 registration to be confirmed.

I will let you know here as soon as I have an answer from them.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Bittoshi

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:04:08 AM

My story with litebit.eu so far:
Registered yesterday with tier 1 verification (phone number). Five hours ago I bought some Ardor coins for 15,93€ via GiroPay, an instant payment via bank account. This is a common payment method in Germany and offered by litebit.eu. But still the status is on "Awaiting your payment". I already opened a ticket after waiting for more than 1 hour but still no answer. In the meantime I entered my address and uploaded a telephone invoice for the tier 2 registration. It still says that they have to check the details manually. Let's see how long it will take.

So at the moment I am waiting for:

1. An answer to my question why it takes so long. Other sites (e.g. anycoin, which is also located in Netherlands) are able to handle GiroPay payments instantly.
2. My payment to be accepted (the money was instantly withdrawn from my bank account)
3. The coins to be sent to my Wallet
4. The details and documents for the tier 2 registration to be confirmed.

I will let you know here as soon as I have an answer from them.

No coins received after 24 hours and status is still on "Awaiting your payment". Also, the tier 2 registration is still not confirmed yet. But I now received an e-mail from their support:

Dear xxx,

Giropay has a max of three business days. Usually it is received within a day or two.

So I will wait patiently and let you know here what happens. :-)

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Bittoshi

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:53:08 PM

Ok, the tier 2 verification (address verification) went through now and I could now do the tier 3 verification because only with tier 3 you get instand GiroPay payments. But I would have to upload 3 pictures:

1. The front of my ID card
2. The back of my ID card
3. A photo showing me holding my ID card

While I can understand 1+2, I will not (never ever) upload a photo of me showing my ID card. I mean, image what someone could do with such a photo. Everyone could "proof" to be me with that photo and start doing illegal bullshit in my name in the internet/darknet. And at the very end the police rings on my door.  Shocked I would really like to buy my coins at litebit.eu instantly via Giropay (like I do at anycoin without having to upload a photo with me holding my ID) as it seems to be much cheaper than anycoin and offers much more altcoins but this is not worth it. It's too dangerous to upload a photo showing yourself holding your ID card.

I wonder why instant giropay payments work on so much other sites even without a tier 3 verification. Now I have to stay with tier 2 where payments take up to 3 bank working days.  Roll Eyes

P.S. Yesterdays payment status is still on "Awaiting your payment". Maybe it has todo with today's Bitcoin fork.

It's just the beginning!
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:34:08 AM

stand 1+2, I will not (never ever) upload a photo of me showing my ID card. I mean, image what someone could do with such a photo. Everyone could "proof" to be me with that photo and start doing illegal bullshit in my name in the internet/darknet. And at the very end the police rings on my door.  Shocked
Uploaded documents end up as counterfeit templates, indeed. You can be assured that one day all data stored on any site gets stolen.
This KYC procedure creates a true security nightmare.

Regarding these dutchman I think they have an office that one could visit, showing original documents. Pictures aren't save from tampering anyways.
Bittoshi

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:47:14 AM

Yes, I think they are honest, despite it seems to be a very small company. But they answered my question in time and now (after more than 2 days) I received my coins on my wallet. So all is good now. But as you said, what if someone steal the uploaded photos one day from their server. It's one thing to upload a water bill to prove you are a real person with a real address but a photo with you holding your ID? Well, that's another story.

Summary: If you need altcoins for a good price but can wait some days (e.g. if you are just a hodler), litebit.eu might be a decent site for you.

It's just the beginning!
Bittoshi

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:03:50 PM

It seems there was a hacker attack on the litebit.eu server. I just found an e-mail from litebit.eu. It's from 5th of August 2017, but I haven't noticed it earlier:

Dear xxx,

Our team has noticed suspicious activities on the LiteBit servers on the 5th of August 2017. We regret to inform you that someone without authorization had access to LiteBit data. There has been no intrusion on our wallet servers, all coins owned by clients are safe. The intruder also didn’t have access to any of the uploaded verification documents (such as your identity card or your passport).

The cause of this breach is known and has already been solved. It is not clear if the intruder has stolen user data. In the worst case scenario the intruder has had access to your email address, hashed password, IBAN, phone number, address and your portfolio data.

What does this mean for you?
If you have 2-factor authentication enabled it is very important to disable and re-enable the authenticator.  If you do not have 2-factor authentication enabled we recommend you to enable it.

It is also important to change your password. We also recommend you to change your password regularly to guarantee the safety of your account.
Do you have any other questions? Click here
We are very sorry the inconvenience this may has caused,

Team LiteBit.eu

That's why I refuse to upload my ID card and a photo of me holding my ID card (tier 3 verification). Who knows, next time a crazy hacker group get access to the upload server and afterwards I can buy my own ID card in a grubby edge of the darknet. But I've heard they accept Bicoin and Monero there.  Grin

Anyway, I am thankful that they are at least honest and report this issue to us customers. Other companies would probably be very quiet about such an attack on their server and customer data. Guys, be careful with your data whenever something has todo with Bitcoin or Altcoins. Hacker's and Scammer's are all around. I hope litebit.eu increased their security measures now to prevent such an event from happening again.

It's just the beginning!
Cryptocoinsmania.com

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 11:18:46 AM

No, LiteBit isn't a scam. It's trusted and honest exchange.
As well by Netherland laws, LiteBit was required to inform all the clients about possible hack into the system. Even if nothing was stolen. I think it is good though, as other exchanges would hide that info probably.
Mu7enR0shi

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:52:56 AM

I bought many times on Litebi and everything worked fine.
It is not a scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: