Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG (from Wikipedia)  (Read 566 times)
ab1jx (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 09:29:04 PM

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_network

These are Zeus scrypt miners in Iceland.  Boy, does my stick miner seem silly.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:33:11 PM

its 120mm fan array to cool the building
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:45:01 PM

Those miners are near obsolete now, wouldn't be surprised if they're running all L3s or A4/A2 dominators now. Personally I prefer GPUs as you actually have to care for em, but whatever works Smiley I never did have a good experience with Genesis, but nice to see they're somewhat legit.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 11:58:09 PM

Those miners are near obsolete now, wouldn't be surprised if they're running all L3s or A4/A2 dominators now. Personally I prefer GPUs as you actually have to care for em, but whatever works Smiley I never did have a good experience with Genesis, but nice to see they're somewhat legit.

What do you mean you have to care for gpus ? I prefer gpu mining too as finding miners to buy are very difficult. It's also good to see some legit cloud mining but the thing is it is easy to Photoshop that. Who is to say it is true. I think videos speak much louder then pictures ever will.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:32:12 AM

The Zeus were obsolete ballpark 2 years ago as their efficienty is barely IF AT ALL better than Gridseed GC3355 based gear on Scrypt, but they might be viable again now with the recent jump in Litecoin pricing (and the much smaller SO FAR jump in network hashrate).

I would bet Genesis moved to A2 or Titan gear long ago though, and are likely adding L3+ as fast as they can get them.

It's POSSIBLE to have a GPU miner that can argue with the rock-solid stability of the A2 Terminators - but it's bloody RARE, especially if you're mining on Windows or pushing the GPUs very hard at all.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:21:33 PM

What do you mean you have to care for gpus ? I prefer gpu mining too as finding miners to buy are very difficult. It's also good to see some legit cloud mining but the thing is it is easy to Photoshop that. Who is to say it is true. I think videos speak much louder then pictures ever will.
Unlike ASICs which you just plop down, plug in a cable or two and let them one away, you actually have to set up a mining rig in most cases and regularly make sure it isn't malfunctioning. These days it seems people are lazy and just want plug and play profit with Antminers and such. It's not terrible but i like to have a semblance of effort in my rigs and in other people's.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:27:19 PM

Unlike ASICs which you just plop down, plug in a cable or two and let them one away, you actually have to set up a mining rig in most cases and regularly make sure it isn't malfunctioning. These days it seems people are lazy and just want plug and play profit with Antminers and such. It's not terrible but i like to have a semblance of effort in my rigs and in other people's.

That is such a strange attitude to have. People that want reliable gear are lazy and you hope that you have problems so you have to work on them?

I am thinking you are in the minority when it comes to thinking like this. You actively WANT less profit because you want your rigs to have downtime. That just seems monumentally stupid.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: