Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:28:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU not detected  (Read 594 times)
joeylocks (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:32:44 PM

Hi,

Kind of new to this thing and i dont know if this is on the correct discussion group...

Can somebody help me?? guiminer is not recognizing my gpu.. tried a lot of things online but still not detecting my gpu..

i have a r7 250x.. thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 09:38:17 PM

Have you updated your GPU drivers to the most current version? I have run into this problem a couple times during a new build. I am not familiar with guiminer but I would also double check to make sure it supports the chip set that is currently present in your specific GPU. I know some of the miner programs are only for specific GPU chip set types (AMD/Nvidia) If you have already updated your drivers and verified that guiminer supports your kind of GPU, do you get any error message or just that no GPU is detected?

BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:43:20 PM

Also make sure your bios is up to date.
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:29:05 PM

Hi,

Kind of new to this thing and i dont know if this is on the correct discussion group...

Can somebody help me?? guiminer is not recognizing my gpu.. tried a lot of things online but still not detecting my gpu..

i have a r7 250x.. thanks in advance

Lets try a few things first. Total system specs including driver version? Can you do us a favor and try running Claymores Zcash miner to see if that identifies and starts the card properly?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1670733.0

Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 11:55:25 PM

Give us new info so we can help you out. What are the oc soecs and can you take a screenshot of exactly what happens ? What make is the GPU ? What settings are you using to try mine ? What drivers are you running ? If you can tell us we can help you better.

ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:14:36 AM

The solution might be as simple as rerolling back to an older driver version.If you have a second PCI slot try switching it maybe. Also check in the bios and switch the card to PCI express generation 1 if possible. Just a few random things that might help with such problems in general.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

dmatthewstewart

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:37:50 AM

The solution might be as simple as rerolling back to an older driver version.If you have a second PCI slot try switching it maybe. Also check in the bios and switch the card to PCI express generation 1 if possible. Just a few random things that might help with such problems in general.

Could be any of those. But it should still be detected. Im curious to know if its actually not detecting at all or its not hashing. Ive seen folks (and even I have done this as well a long time ago) use the terminology of it not being detected when it really just wasnt hashing. I hope he sees the thread. Id like to know the specifics

joeylocks (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:51:12 PM

Thanks for the replies.. im not sure about amd drivers thou.. just switched to amd last week from nvidia..there is no error message that is showing.. it's just detecting my processor..i think it's maybe im using a 32bit os.. let me go ahead and tinker this one for a while and i will let you guys know what i have after Smiley thanks for the replies thou
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:09:14 PM

i believe that card is too ancient, which is the reaosn why it's not recognized, it's better if you update your gear with soemthign fresha nd new like the rx 570 or 580, they don't cost too much, there is also the 560 which is even cheaper

Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 11:39:59 PM

i believe that card is too ancient, which is the reaosn why it's not recognized, it's better if you update your gear with soemthign fresha nd new like the rx 570 or 580, they don't cost too much, there is also the 560 which is even cheaper

Nah it should be fine. That card was an entry level miner back in the day. It should work.

Thanks for the replies.. im not sure about amd drivers thou.. just switched to amd last week from nvidia..there is no error message that is showing.. it's just detecting my processor..i think it's maybe im using a 32bit os.. let me go ahead and tinker this one for a while and i will let you guys know what i have after Smiley thanks for the replies thou

Let us know if that helps.

Yes get something second hand if some rich kid gamer boy xP

dmatthewstewart

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:30:02 AM

Like @Lauren Smith said that card should still be detected and used fully by the miner. Even my R5 gpu cores in an APU get detected and fully utilized. You really shouldnt need a 470/480 (or newer) to do this. Even 7970's work pretty good and you can find them used for $65-80. However, if youre going to get 570s or 580's Best Buy still has some in stock and B&H are getting their stock in next week.

joeylocks (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:19:07 PM

hi again Smiley ok now i got my graphics card read by the miner Cheesy solved it by reinstalling my drivers.. now i  have another problem... now its saying that connection problem and it's not processing anything up... do you guys know how to fix this one? and if someone can teach me also how to add images here on this forum i can send some screenshots of the error.. Cheesy thanks again in advance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: