Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:49:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Downgraded my shipping?!  (Read 14205 times)
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:25:00 AM

I have been following this bfl stuff for a month now. Reading what has gone on really worried me...that anyone who would do any preorder with them now has got to be crazy. Now this shipping thing, it's like they are really pulling out all the stops to get as much money as possible.  I realize a lot of u r hoping the company comes through but u basically all got ripped off. I'm a lawyer and u absolutely have a class action suit against them...which surely would just put them out of business. Anyways just be careful guys don't get blinded by greed.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:33:01 AM

Yeah, you're a lawyer that uses "u" and "r" in the place of words and your grammar is atrocious.  Sure, we believe you... no really.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:36:41 AM

Yeah, you're a lawyer that uses "u" and "r" in the place of words and your grammar is atrocious.  Sure, we believe you... no really.

First time I have agreed with Inaba.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:43:04 AM

anyone who would do any preorder with them now has got to be crazy.

Agreed. This shipping news seems like a deliberate cash grab.
peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:17:27 AM

I am also affected by this. All my orders were downgraded from Express to Standard. I upgraded the oldest order and paid an extra $162 via BitPay thinking it would upgrade it from the original Express to Overnight or some such.
To make matters worse, the order now shows on the system as $162 still due.

firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:28:12 AM

anyone who would do any preorder with them now has got to be crazy.

Agreed. This shipping news seems like a deliberate cash grab.

LoL - some people are never happy.

OMG BFL IS SCAM

followed by:

X MONTHS - NO SHIP

followed by:

OMG SHIPPING COST MORE

You guys really make me tired, you were smart enough to get in with pre-orders but somehow not smart enough to know what you were buying? You stuck around through all the FUD without canceling and now are pissed because after product revisions you need to pay more for express shipping?

Just accept the basic shipping, they're covering it out of a sense of obligation. You've been waiting months, a few more days isn't going to kill you.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:43:27 AM

is express shipping supposed to be $258 on a 60 Gh SC Single??

i upgraded but the jump from $34 to $258 seems extreme

WOW! I think someone is getting screwed. Don't you?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:44:15 AM

I am also affected by this. All my orders were downgraded from Express to Standard. I upgraded the oldest order and paid an extra $162 via BitPay thinking it would upgrade it from the original Express to Overnight or some such.
To make matters worse, the order now shows on the system as $162 still due.

WOW! Thinking someone got screwed.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:48:20 AM

Yeah, you're a lawyer that uses "u" and "r" in the place of words and your grammar is atrocious.  Sure, we believe you... no really.

First time I have agreed with Inaba.

When Ellipses Go Wrong

On occasion, you might see an ellipsis used as an indication of a place where the writer or speaker has paused or lost their train of thought. Such as:

Well yes, Dorian, the retrieval of post-modern socie … is that a bunny?

This is perfectly acceptable, as long as your protagonist isn’t losing their train of thought every other paragraph. Too many ellipses can detract from the effectiveness of the prose (and some readers and writers find it irritating to no end).

In summation, if you’re removing text from a quotation (while keeping the meaning intact, of course), then use the ellipsis.

If you have a mental space cadet for a main character, you might want to tone down your desire to use those dots.

One would also have to believe the protagonist was actually engaged in thought right? From what I can discern that does not seem to be the case for this person.

Stop being a grammar Nazi, deflecting relevant questions and answer the f-ing questions about why the shipping is so f-ing expensive A-hole.

warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:56:05 AM

I too had my shipping changed from "Express" to "Standard". It has been like that for months and noticed it was changed this week. What bs are they trying to pull here? I even sent them a ticket about it. I don't care if I 'confirmed' the new product specs, if BFL goes down, they're taking a lot of people with them. Considering BFLs chronicled incompetence, I doubt this would be a hard case to prove fraud if they go bankrupt. I really really hope that's not what ends up happening though. I just don't understand how any company in business can be so standoffish about they customer base.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:58:01 AM

... and you are the competent and experienced CTO and COO of a company that acts in a professional manner or knows what they are doing ? Sure, we believe you... no really.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:54:58 AM

Inaba/BFL Pattern #1:

Make a truthful statement exposing a fact about BFL's actions that customers/community do not like.

Get a response of "You can't spell, fuck you, lying piece of shit, ROFL LOL, ..."

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:27:04 PM

I think he is full of it as well, but I know plenty of lawyers who type that way. It is unreal.
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:34:45 PM

I was typing on an iPod.  Guys, I wasn't typing a legal pleading here I was posting on a board.  Interesting that I was attacked for my grammar though.  I guess Inaba didn't like what I said and just attacked my grammar to "discredit" me.  I am really surprised that BFL has kept it going this long, but sounds like Paypal and Amex are finally putting the pressure on.  We'll see what happens, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually I doubt this will end well. 

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:39:19 PM

I was typing on an iPod.  Guys, I wasn't typing a legal pleading here I was posting on a board.  Interesting that I was attacked for my grammar though.  I guess Inaba didn't like what I said and just attacked my grammar to "discredit" me.  I am really surprised that BFL has kept it going this long, but sounds like Paypal and Amex are finally putting the pressure on.  We'll see what happens, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually I doubt this will end well. 

Hypothetically speaking, in your professional opinion, what would the costs be involved for a class-action suit, and what would your case/stance be for prosecution ?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Thought exercise, you know ?  Wink
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:55:35 PM

Hypothetically speaking, in your professional opinion, what would the costs be involved for a class-action suit, and what would your case/stance be for prosecution ?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Thought exercise, you know ?  Wink

I am not speaking for him, but just wanted to point out something.  First you reference a "class action suit," which is a civil action, and then use the term "prosecution" which is a criminal action.  I would not be surprised to see both at some point, but you need to be clear which answer you are looking for.
bitconic

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:22:53 PM

My express shipping also got downgraded to standard , it seems to be accross the board , ridiculous ... is anyone's order still showing the express shipping without having to pay up insane amounts ?
FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:29:42 PM

This is an upside. Some people will not pay the additional fee, and all that hashing power will be delayed coming onto the network.  ;-)

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:39:55 PM

When people were imported into the new system, everyone was put in express shipping.  Express shipping wasn't available prior to February, so everyone has been moved back to where they should have been.  No ones shipping was downgraded.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:09:29 PM

When people were imported into the new system, everyone was put in express shipping.  Express shipping wasn't available prior to February, so everyone has been moved back to where they should have been.  No ones shipping was downgraded.

My shipping is priority mail as stated in my order's email, if "Standard Shipping - Only" is the priority mail that's cool.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: