Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 08:01:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia Tesla M2075 setup for best hash rate  (Read 722 times)
AlpacaBros (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:14:38 AM

Hi,

I am trying to setup a rig for mining with some older M2075 GPUs.  I know, I know - they are old but someone gave me 7 of them for free, so I want to make the best use of them.  I have tried setting them up any various ways.  I have tried Genoils setup and variations of it but that is mostly for the GTX series and have had no luck.  I have tried to setup just ubuntu server and follow those direction and got the same results.  I seem to be maxing out at 7 - 9 MH and cannot make it has any faster.

If there is a specific setup that can make these cards hash faster, I would appreciate some assistance.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:13:02 AM

You won't even make enough money to cover the cost of electricity, even with free hardware. Better to lease their power out for rendering and such, or mining a coin that can still be mined economically with GPU. If you still want to try mining, try installing the CUDA toolchain and recompiling for compute capability 2.0 to target the optimal CC for your cards.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
AlpacaBros (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:44:14 PM

I wasn't thinking of mining bitcoin.  I was think ethereum or zcash or dash.  Was hoping I could atleast break even with one of those.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: