Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:21:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Scam)BTC-E SUPPORT UNRESPONSIVE IN UNLOCKING MY ACCOUNT  (Read 562 times)
mchuggle (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:09:00 AM

SUPORT TICKET: EOP-834-57342

After some time spent providing the information they asked for on their support page, and following up, to no response whatsoever, I have been doing some reading and am sad to see that BTC-E seem to be scamming a number of people out of their accounts right now. I hope that by posting here they may see it, or someone may be able to assist me in getting this account back.

I have been with BTC-E since November 2013 and to date have never had an issue with their platform. Last week, i requested to unlink 2FA because i had lost my old phone and couldn't access google authenticator. This was promptly removed automatically, yet when i went to log in i was informed that my account had been suspended and to contact support. I contacted them through their support ticket system, providing the information they requested to prove my identity - to NO AVAIL. I have not received a single response or indication that my requests have been received/denied. I can still log into my account, it recognises a password as being correct/false(unsuccessful login attempt email)  - but instantly informs me to contact support.

After reading about other peoples ongoing issues with BTC-E and their purported selective scamming, i'm deeply concerned that i am about to be the victim of those practices. I desperately hope that this is not true, but the total lack of response from BTC-E support makes it hard to think anything different. Particularly given that i have provided them with the information necessary to prove my identity. So it seems the only remaining option is to call them out on their woeful support and pray that someone who can help me sees this.

I don't have a great deal of coin in my account, but its a lot for someone like me and i never thought i'd be scammed by a service whom i've had no issue with for 3 and a half years.

If anyone has any further advice or courses of action that I could take, I thank you immensely in advance for your help.

SUPORT TICKET: EOP-834-57342

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:03:20 AM

Why did you create an account to post this ?
NOV 2013 and you just NOW created an account here ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
mchuggle (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:15:31 AM

I haven't had a need to seek assistance from others as i have been using their exchange with no issues. After doing some reading I saw some users on here were successful in getting their accounts back - so i thought i'd see if anyone could assist.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:08:10 AM

Well i am not sure what to suggest.
I registered a while before you did and never had any major issues.
I tried an hour ago to sign in and it auto sent me a password reset via email.
I ignored it for now.. i have no coins on there so what ever fuck 'em.
I see they fucked up all the markets anyway so who gives a shit.. nothing but garbage scams like ETH.
They always were shady fucks.. the mod guys were notorious for altcoin shenanigans and they even wormed their way into being staff on Cryptsy way back.

And it is sketchy you never created an account here guy.. sorry but it is LOL

mchuggle (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:32:41 AM

Fair enough. Nonetheless, the very least they could do is actually respond and assess the information i have sent them. If they're not trying to scam me there's no need to ignore my requests.
Deprecate

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:33:27 PM

Why would you create an account here, all information on this website is garbage and all you can do is leave sarcastic comments to troll..
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:47:27 PM

Why would you create an account here, all information on this website is garbage and all you can do is leave sarcastic comments to troll..

I brought up a rather pertinent and astute point i thought.
If i was "Trolling" to get a rise out of him i could have.. but i didn't.
If you don't like me or my comments does that make me a troll ?
Further more why should i care what a bunch of bloody noob accounts think ?
You realize the account abuse here is literally historic ?
There is just under 1 million accounts created here and when i look at the stats it says a few hundred come here daily.

I rest my case.

@OP
Just try and stay polite and patient.. but yeah keep on them.
They *may* be dicking you around on purpose but "losing it" never helps.
Just don't forget.. if and when it gets straightened out.. LEAVE !
That is what i do.. don't just keep using their shitty service.

Public shaming is often the only tool we have to employee with thieves.
Hence why i bumped this topic for you.
This apparently eludes my little noob friend here who thinks i am a "troll".

TravisH

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:17:00 PM

They just blocked my account for fucking in their chat box. I had 711 LTC worth $25000. Far from a noob. They are not responding so Iv just filed a complaint with the FTC and FinCEN. I'm going after them criminally. Everyone needs to start reporting them to the FTC. Once an investigation starts they won't be able to opporate a website in the USA. Their site will get banned.
wasubii

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:19:59 PM

BTC-E is holding my 13 bitcoins as well. no support. no withdraw.
dasgardo87

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:50:16 PM

scammer being scammed? what a tragedy  Roll Eyes
TravisH

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:48:11 PM

Didn't u just tell me you friends with the moderator and will talk to him for me??? I'm guessing u learned your "friends" were scamming u too
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: