Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:36:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: smart or dumb?  (Read 2414 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:50:23 AM

earlyer today i dumped half my coins. then put buy orders in at 101, 90, 80, and hail marry 60, now with it going up a bit....or at least steady at 115-120 did i just loos in the game of catch the dead cat?

i want bitcoins to shoot to the moon but i cant deny the pattern of a ball that has been thrown in the air and now bouncing but with each bounce loosing the kinetic energy it once had.

bam physics in your cup-o-bitcoin.  
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 04:53:07 AM

bitcoin will not cross 100

dude you just sold all your coins.

bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:53:26 AM

earlyer today i dumped half my coins. then put buy orders in at 101, 90, 80, and hail marry 60, now with it going up a bit....or at least steady at 115-120 did i just loos in the game of catch the dead cat?

i want bitcoins to shoot to the moon but i cant deny the pattern of a ball that has been thrown in the air and now bouncing but with each bounce loosing the kinetic energy it once had.

Smart would have you putting your btc into ltc instead of fiat now that Gox is taking LTC.  Other than that... dumb move moving into fiat.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:08:05 AM

always wise to put empirical evidence over hope.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:08:47 AM

no only half. and i can buy back in at any time....i think it wont go past 100 eather. to big of a wall. but ya overall i think i was acting rash and yes i should have moved them over to ltc.

btw how do i move them over to ltc... on what exchange? i use Bitstamp and campbx. sooo what exchange is good for ltc?
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:10:13 AM

always wise to put empirical evidence over hope.

yes and with sr down i dont see it going up any time soon. the pattern as of now it will be 100 steady for a week. if sr is still not up then down down down to 50 easy.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:12:00 AM

That's what they said at $200, and $150, and $100 (the first time), etc....but guess what?
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:13:16 AM

I think it was a bad move. We hit the bottom at 104 with no real promise of breaching that.

In my short time here I've noticed that when the price goes down everybody says "hail Mary" and expects things instantly tank. What you should have done was dump at 130 or 140 and bought back at 110.

Once I get my BTC I'm going to stick to a general rule I've come up with. Trade in real time. You see the price tanking sell. Buy lower, increase your BTC. Anything else is too late. Being hasty might work out if you're lucky, but what if it doesn't?

It's all chance, but come on. We aren't going to the 90s when we were 160 two days ago or so... well, thats just my guess. People are going to want to buy with that 160 still fresh in their mind. I think.

Well I'm no expert. But this is my impression. It could go lower. You might have to wait a while. However if there is a rally who knows what will happen. It'll dip again, but I'm not sure how low then.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:16:30 AM

Smart would have you putting your btc into ltc instead of fiat now that Gox is taking LTC.  Other than that... dumb move moving into fiat.

Cashing out btc profits into ltc was the best move when we were going up, as LTC skyprocketed even more at the end, and I think will prove to be the worst move now that btc is correcting, as LTC will likely fall a lot more in the end.  
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:28:34 AM

That's what they said at $200, and $150, and $100 (the first time), etc....but guess what?

well now i'm saying it, bitcoin won't cross 100.

bitcoiners

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:32:01 AM

as LTC will likely fall a lot more in the end.  

LOL... another purist with zero comprehension skills.  Time to get with the now...

sooo what exchange is good for ltc?

And people wonder why ltc will rise once it hits gox?  No one knows how to get LTC... at least the mainstream doesn't.

Google it and you'll see...  I won't recommend an exchange as I get paid by no one.  Once it goes to Gox though. It'll be too late.  Quote me on that.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:35:31 AM

LOL... another purist with zero comprehension skills.  Time to get with the now...

Great argument!
bitcoiners

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:36:35 AM

Great argument!

Quote my words and watch me be right...  It's the best one yet to come.

Cheers.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:42:13 AM

Great argument!

Cheers.

Another great argument!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:50:34 AM

LTC is seriously overpriced. we're the lite blockchain?  where's the live depth charts and who's drawing lines on the graphs? who's buying drugs with litecoins?

LTC is cool and all, but the infrastruc is just not their... you thought bitcoin was a speculative investment, here comes LTC.

bitcoiners

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:51:02 AM

Great argument!

Cheers.

Another great argument!

You obviously aren't getting what I'm saying.  There is no argument other than the one you are trying to create.  Everything you've said has been stated before and knocked down again... over and over.  I no longer entertain idiots, retards, or people who cant see the forest for the trees.  Back to ignore you go.

LTC is going to gox.  Deal with it.
Ares

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:54:38 AM

Leaning towards this.

Especially with the Bitcoin ATM opening tomorrow and subsequent news coverage
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:14:36 AM

I'd say stick to your guns.  The best way to lose is by not sticking to a plan.

I'm bullish as hell - I never sell, always buy.  Except every now and then when I want something I can't buy with bitcoin.

That said, I think the 30-day chart says you have a pretty good chance of filling your $101 before a week has gone by, and a better than even money shot at your $90.  The other two might be a stretch.  But.

Watch and wait.  Just my two satoshis.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:50:46 AM

Why are you betting on 50% fluctuations in price, which are rare and unpredictable, when you could stay within 5% fluctuations which happen every few hours?  You can buy and sell as the price falls increasing your Bitcoin count and it costs nothing in fiat.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:56:43 AM

it is just like physics ain't that cool? Cool

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: