Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ended CardReaderFactory Lancelot Group Purchase due to Seller Business Practice  (Read 7626 times)
scarab2378

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:59:59 PM

The OP has edited the first post.  We are over the min required qty now.

You have a couple of options for power supplies.

Either a brick like the ones the manufacturer sells, or you get their ATX adapter (or build one yourself).

http://www.cardreaderfactory.com/shop/bitcoin.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:03:21 PM

I saw that the min had been met,but I was still wondering if I could get in?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
scarab2378

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:07:02 PM

I will let the OP answer the question about getting in.

I neglected to mention that the power supplies are going to be separate from the Lancelots.  The OP told me he will look into adding them to our orders, but he does not want to delay the shipping of the lancelots themselves due to the power supplies.  I think his reasoning is sound, as the power supplies are much easier to get than the lancelots, so, we can get them anywhere if we have to.  Or, we still have the option of getting them from CardReaderFactory
sgrunger

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:03:12 AM

I'd like to bundle one ATX to Lancelot Power Adapter with my purchase, if possible.
Fighting Irish

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:44:54 AM

I would be in for 6 units.

PM sent explaining my challenge.
Beaflag VonRathburg (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:57:06 AM

I will get to responding to PMs right after this. The main thing we are waiting on right now is a response from blackarrow in regards to escrow availability, the availability of the atx power adapters as I've had a few people question me about them, and approximate delivery time for a large order.

His most recent response about the power adapters was:

Today we've shipped half of the first batch.  The orders that contained ATX power supply converter have been postponed as it is not in stock.
We are trying to make the ATX power converters on Friday and ship the rest of the orders then but we might ship on Saturday.

The first batch was small due to limited Xilinx IC availability during holidays. We're currently negotiating to get more Xilinx IC in 2 days and start manufacturing the next batch.

I do not want the order to be delayed due to lack of power converters. If it comes to it I think those are an item that would be easy enough for individuals to order. If they are available I will add them on to people's orders. Once I get a response from blackarrow and confirm the details above I will place an order and start accepting satoshis.

I more than likely am going to have to cut down my order to 1 unit as I had a little fiat emergency that required me to cash out my crypto holdings. We will still easily be above 100 units, but I wanted to let everyone know.

-----------------------------------------------------

Consider my 2 confirmed then.

Units added to the list.

I am hopefully on the list as one of the anonymous users.  Watching this thread now

You are. I am just putting the people who PM me to add units down as anonymous as some have requested such. I just want to respect everyone's privacy by default instead of having someone ask me to remove their name.

Bitcoins ready, set and match.

[Mr. Burns Voice] Excellent! [/Mr. Burns Voice]

I would be down for 5 units, do I need to send satoshis somewhere?

If we are close to hitting order total please let me know, I might add on some more to get us to mark.

Also wil these come with power supplies?  If not how do we get those or where can we get them?

I will add you to the list. These only come with:

•1 x Lancelot, with standard cooling system (200Mhz Firmware)
•1 x CDROM (with necessary software, documents)
•1 x cable to connect to the power supply
•1 x USB cable

Please read the initial comment. If it comes to seperating the units and power adapters, etc.. they are available from cardreaderfactory.

I'd like to bundle one ATX to Lancelot Power Adapter with my purchase, if possible.

I will find out soon and let everyone know about power adapters.

I would be in for 6 units.

PM sent explaining my challenge.

I'm getting to PMs here shortly. There's a lot of them, but you will get a response.

Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:21:53 AM

Put me down for one unit please.  I need to get fiat into BTC, but I'm in.
Beaflag VonRathburg (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:29:40 AM

All PMs have been responded to. I await the next onslaught.

Put me down for one unit please.  I need to get fiat into BTC, but I'm in.

Unit added.

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:17:05 AM

i want 1 unit Smiley how i can pay ?
Beaflag VonRathburg (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:25:01 AM

i want 1 unit Smiley how i can pay ?

I'll add you to the list. Please reread the first post in regards to payment method. Payments will be accepted upon receiving an answer from blackarrow about escrow, power adapter availability, and the time line on placing a large order.

sgrunger

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:33:15 AM

blackbarrow has been AFF (away from forum) for more than 2 days now. Sad
conceptxp

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:39:34 AM

put me for 2 units
Beaflag VonRathburg (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:34:13 AM

blackbarrow has been AFF (away from forum) for more than 2 days now. Sad

I've noticed.... I sent a message containing my quesstions on cardreaderfactory's website. Hopefully, one of the two will respond soon.

put me for 2 units

PM sent.

ebildude123

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:00:22 PM

Put me down for 1 if the group is still open. I too need to find a way to convert fiat -> btc though atm.
sgrunger

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:19:43 PM

Ah blackbarrow has posted in his selling thread - did he reply to your email / PM ?
Beaflag VonRathburg (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:15:10 PM

Put me down for 1 if the group is still open. I too need to find a way to convert fiat -> btc though atm.

Let me know when you have.

Ah blackbarrow has posted in his selling thread - did he reply to your email / PM ?

I noticed that as well. He hasn't responded to my PM. That's all we're waiting on at this point in time.

- Escrow availability
- ATX power converter availability
- Order time on a large purchase

Once those questions are answered I'll close the group purchase.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:29:49 PM

I guess depending on what the answer is towards the Power Supply issue, I would increase my order to 8 of them.  Might as well if I have to get 2 bricks anyway.  I understand that I would have to order those two bricks seperately, but if that is what it comes down to, increase my number from 5 to 8.

THanks,

Sorry to be a bother.  But it seems less efficient to have 1 brick powering just one device.  And let me make sure I have that right.  If I get 8 devices, and 2 bricks, then it should come with everything else needed to plug into my computer and start hashing?  Does anyone know a good setup guide?  Or have any other advice on what might need to be done to get these hashing as soon as possible?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
ebildude123

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:52:49 PM

I noticed that as well. He hasn't responded to my PM. That's all we're waiting on at this point in time.

- Escrow availability
- ATX power converter availability
- Order time on a large purchase

Once those questions are answered I'll close the group purchase.
Just deposited OKPay to Mtgox, gonna buy some coins,
also gotta sell some litecoin.
scarab2378

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:57:42 PM

Guys, these cards don't require anything special to power them.  They take 30 watts (according to blackarrow) each.  He posted in another thread that a 600watt atx can power 20 units.  
http://www.newegg.com/Power-Supplies/SubCategory/ID-58?nm_mc=EMCPB-052013&cm_mmc=EMCPB-052013-_-PB050413-_-index-_-txt

Personally, I would get a slightly larger power supply.  If they don't have the ATX power splitter boards in stock at the time of our order, we can look into making them ourselves.  I started searching by googleing "ATX breakout board" (but without quotes)

The cards appear to have a 2 conductor DC jack on them, so you just have to find the appropriate size plug.  Blackarrow also says the cards have a molex type D connector.

So, one of the 12v 10a bricks they sell on their site can power about 4 cards.  You can probably get a generic brick off of Amazon or Newegg.  Backarrow says that the shipping for the bricks is more than they are worth.

Also, I would like to gauge interest in the following idea:  I am buying a quantity of Lancelots and I want to stack them.  I am going to create a open frame that mounts the lancelot, and the cooling fans.  It will be an extruded aluminum frame, probably with 3D printed brackets.  Anyone interested in buying kits of these from me?  I don't have a price yet, as I have to price out the parts.  It won't be a lot though.  Probably a lot less than $70, but that's very tentative.  I would only ship to USA as well.
ebildude123

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:05:04 PM

Alright, have most of the BTC.
https://blockchain.info/address/1swagRTAax1nny6zJbtukYVVWYJkm3zKg
Just need to wait for my litecoin transaction to confirm so I can trade to Bitcoin as well.
http://explorer.litecoin.net/tx/9380ec355ce4512153b2012dda933e80a54616fdb72715031fa63e617a87fc3e
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: