Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:12:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoins now, At this price, It Isn't working  (Read 8876 times)
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:56:33 PM

I'm just going to wait until the price drops below $1500, even if it means waiting for four years. I'll wait, I'm not in a hurry, BTC will always be here

it will always be here but itd value will not drop always its more on ijcreasing that amount.
cruz49

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:11:42 PM

Bitcoin have a so big potential to many investors if you just buy bitcoin a year ago then you are so lucky today if you sell it,, thanks to bitcoin many of the investor came rich because of this.
but you can buy bitcoins now.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:17:04 PM

Just close your eyes and make the purchase mate. You won't regret it. Moreover, any amount you could afford then, you can still purchase now, though less bit coin but same value which will obviously increase over time. You don't have to buy 1 or more btc before you make a purchase.
I'm just going to wait until the price drops below $1500, even if it means waiting for four years. I'll wait, I'm not in a hurry, BTC will always be here
Then you may end up waiting for long and regretting you did in few months time. Come back here to quote me in that few months time if I ended up wrong.
BitcoinzB

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

💰💰💰💰

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:21:04 PM

Well, good luck then.. I think you will need to wait a very long time. You should buy small amounts at time at the current price, I don't see it going down to 15 hundred anytime soon.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:22:53 PM

I think nowadays is not the best time to buy bitcoins, instead it is better to wait till the price drop down to 1000$ or below , and then buying again and holding till the price increase for some high amount.
MiteLit

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:48:30 PM

Technically, if you think about it. people were saying exactly the same from when BTC reached $1000 to $2000 and later $2500, even now at ~$2700 the opinion is the same, I think it depends on the market and your analysis regarding how high the price is to previous time.
KroFly

Activity: 243

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:56:15 PM

I think nowadays is not the best time to buy bitcoins, instead it is better to wait till the price drop down to 1000$ or below , and then buying again and holding till the price increase for some high amount.

And where is the guarantee that the price will drop to 1000? So far, bitcoin has only a prospect of growth, not a decline. You can buy at this price and wait for several months to make a profit.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
WilliamStanton (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:42:26 AM

it will always be here but itd value will not drop always its more on ijcreasing that amount.
There is definitely going to be a crash one day, soon. There is no way that I will always go up without going down
WilliamStanton (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:54:47 AM

Bitcoin have a so big potential to many investors if you just buy bitcoin a year ago then you are so lucky today if you sell it,, thanks to bitcoin many of the investor came rich because of this.
but you can buy bitcoins now.
What's going to happen if I buy now the next thing the price drops? Let's say in a weeks' period
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:55:11 AM

That is right all you can do as of the moment is watch and monitor the prices because it is to dangerous to buy at this price point. What I mean about that is you will lose leverage because you won't have a margin of safety when you buy it. Having a margin of safety is important when you are expected to hold your position for a long time before selling it for profit.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
ngocbkcse

Activity: 562

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:00:07 AM

There is definitely going to be a crash one day, soon. There is no way that I will always go up without going down
I guess speculators have different point of view and they can easily go all out without it affecting their life.
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:01:02 AM

The hard part with waiting for too long is the uncertainty that the price is going to reach your buy target. If the price  eventually reaches $5,000 and you though that the current price of $2,800 is too expensive, then you would have lost about $2,200 in profit because you didn’t jump onboard. But that is all if’s and but’s and we really don’t know if the price would still be bullish in the next few years or it would succumb to the bears and go down again below $2,000.
HongKong

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:09:06 AM

The hard part with waiting for too long is the uncertainty that the price is going to reach your buy target. If the price  eventually reaches $5,000 and you though that the current price of $2,800 is too expensive, then you would have lost about $2,200 in profit because you didn’t jump onboard. But that is all if’s and but’s and we really don’t know if the price would still be bullish in the next few years or it would succumb to the bears and go down again below $2,000.
That's why a bunch of people in this forum state that an investor should only invest the money that they can afford to lose because the price of Bitcoin is not a for sure thing and the price of Bitcoin is very likely to go up instead of down. Investing small amounts into Bitcoin allows the investor to make money if the price goes up without worrying about the regrets of not investing sooner.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
rhyso

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:20:30 AM

An interesting subject.

I was into crypto in 2013 and was mining etc... Got too interested in trading and looking at new coins etc. held a stash of altcoins and after the crash of 2014 i just held my coins offline.

Back to this spike I am all interested again and just purchased a BTC and traded some of my shitcoins for a few etherium. And will get another whole BTC.

Though my shitcoins are still worth a few grand and I have not lost money, I would have been better just buying BTC and holding it.

When it was $200 i was reluctant to buy because people said it was not stable...

When it was $500 i was reluctant to buy because people said it was not stable...

When it was $700, I purchased some and traded altcoins and purchased a BTC mining machine that rapidly became uneconomical to use...

When it was $1000 i was reluctant to buy because people said it was not stable...

When it was $1300 i was reluctant to buy because people said it was not stable...

Then it crashed to $600 then lower to like $300 if i remember correctly...

I didn't buy. and i became less interested. Like many.

Now I am saving for a house and don't want to invest all my money into it, but I want to own at least 2 BTC and 10 ETH because in two years when we build our house, I will probably be kicking myself if I did not buy at least that many.

I might not even have to wait that long to build if the value keeps going up.

Mass adoption is much closer now than it was 3 years ago.

Before central banks were talking it down, countries were trying to make it illegal and people were saying it was worth nothing...

Now 3 years later it is worth way more than an ounce of gold and most people actually know what it is. It is much easier to buy sell and trade... Bill Gates says it is  around for good, the FED give it praise, the Japanese govt too... this shit is going to skyrocket.

Though my $2500 BTC went up $300 in 2 days... I expect it to go down to $2000... but it might not... I bought it for in two - three years time when I expect it to be at least $10,000 a coin if not off the charts.

Once true mass adoption occurs, this is when even those that earn $200k+ a year wont be able to afford a whole BTC.

Just get one while you still can.

accrual of monetary value
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:32:45 AM

i think you are just wasting your time to wait for the decrease in bitcoin price and also if you wait to drop the price below 1500$ so i think its impossible now because the price of bitcoin is increasing instead of decreasing and bitcoin now has good potential and i think if you want to make profit then i think you need to buy bitcoin now because the price is reaching to the sky.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:01:42 PM

I saw a similar post when was at 1200$. When reached 100$/ bitcoin the price look like huge too.
Why not buy 0.2 BTC and store it?

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
WilliamStanton (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

That is right all you can do as of the moment is watch and monitor the prices because it is to dangerous to buy at this price point. What I mean about that is you will lose leverage because you won't have a margin of safety when you buy it. Having a margin of safety is important when you are expected to hold your position for a long time before selling it for profit.
You def. right, I personally think buying now involves high risk as you don't know what might happen in the near future, the best thing to do now is to sit, relax and monitor the price. Bitcoin will always be here
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:18:59 PM

Well, good luck then.. I think you will need to wait a very long time. You should buy small amounts at time at the current price, I don't see it going down to 15 hundred anytime soon.

Precisely, this is now the price of the bitcoin surely will always be in a position of very high or low is the most $1500. Because now it's been a lot of people are getting to know it and use it, but it needs to be in the know indeed bitcoin is a digital currency that is very volatile. then when we want to benefit, it must be done the right way. If not then everything will fall apart. Because the bitcoin can only give an advantage to those who have the patience
WilliamStanton (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:21:25 PM

True that, but if it doesn't go down again, then I'll consider investing in altcoins. Since many altcoins are now making their way up
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:38:01 PM

As long as you mix your retirement fund, i guess it is okay. Just do not remain too much dependent on bitcoins. You are just saving 1 bitcoin whose value might crash and you would never know. Better be safe than sorry.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: