Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:46:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BlockNet really a scam?  (Read 1721 times)
UMadorMyrin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:11:01 AM

Reading through this thread has me a little wary about investing in this project

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841223.msg18933889;topicseen#msg18933889

Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:05:28 AM

That's quite the head scratcher.
I was almost kicking myself for not buying in, now I'm beginning to think maybe I dodged a bullet after all.
ICOs, eh? At least I know where I stand with Zrcoin
JShade5

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:38:29 AM

I'm wary, but it seems to me that they have awful PR but a strong dev team. I've got 1 btc in BLOCK, and I'll leave it there even though I'm sure that the legit FUD raised through their dubious actions is going to lower the price of the coin. If blocknet delivers on what it's promising to do, the coin is going to skyrocket up that much faster. And by all indications the devs look like they are going to deliver.
greyskies

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:01:54 AM

There was a lot of FUD and controversy shortly after the ICO. I could never really understand why, some people weren't happy with XC, Dan's other project and the fact he hired someone to help with it that had a shady history (Dan apparently didn't know). Notice that a lot of the troll account back then are linked to Monero or Dash which were competing with XC... XC actually used multi node coin shuffle which is superior to a single node shuffle anon solution of Dash and it caused a lot of attacks in my opinion.

Then Blocknet moved at a snails pace. Which further fuelled suspicions.

However. 2.5 years later the code is almost done and actually works. So he did NOT take the ICO money and run. He produced the goods. For example true cross blockchain atomic trades are actually working. You can trade LTC for BTC for example. Everything is on GitHub! Make sure you heck the right branch though, the main GitHub looks empty but the actual branch being used is chock full of active development.

The annoying thing is a project like Waves has a 200 million market cap and we are ahead of their tech. And not only that our approach is truly decentralised whereas Waves used a coloured coin approach (this was done by Bitshares 2+ years ago). Imo the whole project is wayundervalued due to the bad Rep trolls gave it, I never saw any project get trolled so hard.

There's now a UI dev about to start work on giving the trading interface a pretty UI so it's not all command line stuff. Check out the Slack for more info!
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 09:27:11 AM

There was a lot of FUD and controversy shortly after the ICO. I could never really understand why, some people weren't happy with XC, Dan's other project and the fact he hired someone to help with it that had a shady history (Dan apparently didn't know). Notice that a lot of the troll account back then are linked to Monero or Dash which were competing with XC... XC actually used multi node coin shuffle which is superior to a single node shuffle anon solution of Dash and it caused a lot of attacks in my opinion.

Then Blocknet moved at a snails pace. Which further fuelled suspicions.

However. 2.5 years later the code is almost done and actually works. So he did NOT take the ICO money and run. He produced the goods. For example true cross blockchain atomic trades are actually working. You can trade LTC for BTC for example. Everything is on GitHub! Make sure you heck the right branch though, the main GitHub looks empty but the actual branch being used is chock full of active development.

The annoying thing is a project like Waves has a 200 million market cap and we are ahead of their tech. And not only that our approach is truly decentralised whereas Waves used a coloured coin approach (this was done by Bitshares 2+ years ago). Imo the whole project is wayundervalued due to the bad Rep trolls gave it, I never saw any project get trolled so hard.

There's now a UI dev about to start work on giving the trading interface a pretty UI so it's not all command line stuff. Check out the Slack for more info!

2.5 years to create a platform? even if its not a scam, i wont invest in a team thats so slow
greyskies

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:41:46 AM

Totally man. It's definitely been a slow moving project. But the atomic cross chain tech is now done and cross chain trades are working. New devs are also joining the team.

In my opinion this project is a diamond in the rough. Everyone assumes it's not working or abandoned.

But the way, all the documentation is coming out for it in the next week or so, plus the OP for the Block topic is being done and then after that website updates.

Personally I was unhappy with the project. but now I'm glad I stuck with it because it's really interesting what use cases are being lined up after the UI launch e.g. Perfect decentralised mixer using Zcash (zcash dev tweeted and joined our Slack btw) and use of any ETH contract, being just two examples of many. If t wasn't for the epic FUD this project would be sky fucking high. But look at Ripple, it doesn't matter how much people call something a scam at the end of the day if something works it gets recognition one way or another.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 09:53:44 AM

Working tech. Enough said.

We're the only truly decentralised exchange. Original crypto development is hard, and can thus take time. A lot of the work was explorative - we're actually on v.3 of the decentralised exchange, which means we've built two previous versions and weren't happy enough with them to release them. Hence the long development time. But hey, we're not as slow as Maidsafe, which makes sense, because when they started they lacked the innovations that people have today, and so had to take longer. Try something hard: take a long time. That's the general rule of things.

Those are my two cents.

(BTW, Monero weren't involved in perpetrating that massive smear campaign against us. It was SDC, Supernet, and one other sociopathic individual.)

P.S. Feel free to get in touch on Slack at http://blocknet.herokuapp.com. I'm unlikely to check this thread often.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
UMadorMyrin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:54:08 AM

https://i.imgur.com/u98tt0c.png
greyskies

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:12:05 AM

It's clear you are trying to troll the project rather than genuinely research.

I have already told you that you can see all of the active development in GitHub over the last two years.

I also already told you the UI work is only just beginning. I believe the UI dev will be working with our old mock ups from ages ago.
RoHoss

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:26:06 AM

I can not read  always and always again from this extremly FUD peoples.

Yes after ICO it need much time for development.

But the team deliver.

In some months many peoples cry which believe the FUD.

My Plan is to generate a stable income with the Nodes / Exchange.

UMadorMyrin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:48:29 PM

It's clear you are trying to troll the project rather than genuinely research.

I have already told you that you can see all of the active development in GitHub over the last two years.

I also already told you the UI work is only just beginning. I believe the UI dev will be working with our old mock ups from ages ago.
Keep living in the clouds, boyo

BLOCK played you for a fool and they were too busy counting their money to notice that maybe they should update the picture which still has 2015 on it. Look at the bitcoin price ffs...in the 200s. "active development"......pawning off a 2 year old picture

Cope
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 12:56:10 PM

@UMadorMyrin

I posted that picture.

I posted it because the developers used @sadochismo's mockup from two+ years ago and implemented an early-stage frontend.

I am well aware of the many signs of its creation date:
- the text (c) Blocknet 2015"
- the price of Bitcoin on the chart
- the fact that we recently published the actual mockups and were explicit that they are from a while back

My point is that the mockups are old.

The news was that the mockups (i.e. rasterised images) have been pulled into a frontend.
Devs don't edit rasterised images, they just slice them up and use them.

If you are in any doubt about whether development is ongoing, I encourage you to check https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/branches on a weekly basis.
From there you can find the active branch and see what we're working on.

This is likely to be my last post on this thread. Please join Slack if you would like to ask further questions.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
John Titor

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:27:46 PM

Might not be a scam in the sense that there seems to be actual coding being done but that being said Dan Metcalf is a right piece of shit.  Basically went completely dark since the Blocknet ICO, they even let the hosting for images on the ANN expire.  Pretty obvious that they were doing everything in their power to make Blocknet look like a dead project so that they could pick up as much as they could for practically nothing, and then pump it up to 10x the per btc ICO price right before they reveal that they have been working the entire time.

Dan clearly has no respect for this community and he is clearly not a good person, possibly even an outright sociopath.  I don't care what kind of code makes it to his github, this man has acted with complete and utter disregard for the well being of others and it takes willful ignorance not to see that.
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:34:54 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 01:51:13 PM by truxton

Its much easier to cast aspersions here than actually join slack it would appear.  Dan, the rest of us and the other devs have all been in slack for about 2 years.  Nobody went dark.  Perhaps you should see the slack community and see how responsive to our needs both devs are before saying such things.   All the best.
takramltc

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:08:29 PM

Calling anyone a piece of sh*t - is not acceptable. There's hundreds on coins that have shot up
In the 2 years that it's taken block to get where it is today. There has been consistent development of the coin. There has been consistent updates on the block slack so anybody that wanted to buy block and have faith in it could have at anytime.

It's obvious the purpose of this thread is to try and discredit block in order to create fud so that more coins can be bought.

Please join the slack if you have any further legitimate questions.
greyskies

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:12:50 PM

Keep living in the clouds, boyo

BLOCK played you for a fool and they were too busy counting their money to notice that maybe they should update the picture which still has 2015 on it. Look at the bitcoin price ffs...in the 200s. "active development"......pawning off a 2 year old picture

Cope

The active development can be seen by all on Github over the last few months. Trustless cross chain transactions are now working, there are videos, blockchain proof and anyone can download the software and follow the instructions to try it themselves. Yes, what a scam deliveirng groundbreaking new tech that works  Roll Eyes

I have no problem with the UI dev we hire basing his work on the old mockups we had from before. However it's all up in the air at the moment, the UI dev may take things in a new direction.

Anyone reading this who actually is genuine, by all means join the slack: http://blocknet.herokuapp.com

John Titor

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:16:37 AM

Its much easier to cast aspersions here than actually join slack it would appear.  Dan, the rest of us and the other devs have all been in slack for about 2 years.  Nobody went dark.  Perhaps you should see the slack community and see how responsive to our needs both devs are before saying such things.   All the best.

Fucking bullshit, I was on that slack channel for at least 6 months and the place was mostly a ghost town, Dan was talking to people only sporadically at first and then basically not at all.  The only communication was noise posts from Synechist that had no real content to them.  Of course you say join slack now, but that will say nothing about what that slack channel was like in the past 2 years only how it is now, no shit there will people there now that they have a product to help sell their tokens.  And of course you won't mention my point about the ann page falling apart, or the fact that they abandoned basically all pr/marketing efforts after the ICO, and the fact that this all happened after accusations of Dan colluding with Pr0metheus came out didn't help either.

Blocknet was by all appearances a near-dead scam coin just 6 months ago and anyone that is actual active on these markets would agree with me.  No this was a clear play, let the price fall so you pick up as many tokens for as cheap as possible and get ready to sell them them once you have a product ready.  I'd respect you guys more if you just said "yeah it's true, deal with it bitch", but no you have to deny, even when the writing is on the wall.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:27:13 PM

Oh dear God these guys again  Roll Eyes

How's Jasinlee doing synechist?
UMadorMyrin (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:23:15 PM

Oh dear God these guys again  Roll Eyes

How's Jasinlee doing synechist?
Who's Jasinlee?

So thus project is scamming us out of our money?
JShade5

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:10:56 PM

I'm in the slack. It's def active enough for me. They have a dev channel where you can see the updates they're making.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: