Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:21:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP] MultiBit won't load blockchain. (Header bytes do not equal SPVB)  (Read 6698 times)
FreemanDyson (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:28:23 AM

So I'm only asking here because, well, I'm a newb and all. Board restriction and such.

However, I'm hoping someone can help me with this -

Basically, I use MultiBit for my bitcoin wallets, and one of my wallets has about, half a bitcoin in it, (not much, but with the current price, that's still $60ish) and at some point something went wrong and the BlockChain  won't load.

Here's the error message I get (with the location of the file removed for my own reasons)

Unable to load blockchain "***\AppData\Roaming\MultiBit\multibit.spvchain". The error was "com.google.bitcoin.store.BlockStoreException com.google.bitcoin.store.BlockStoreException: Header bytes do not equal SPVB".

I still have access to my bitcoin wallet, and when I check my Bitcoin address on a blockchain checking thing it all shows up properly: MutliBit just won't load the blockchain.

https://blockchain.info/address/1Erk3HHmzRUVLNQHMHJtg1MK8qoJ5Recqt

I've already gone to "Tools -> Reset Blockchain and Transactions" to try to reload the blockchain to date of first transaction, but it just won't load and I just get the response Error in the infobar.

Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks guys.
FreemanDyson (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:06:39 PM

Hope it's ok if i bump this... just really hoping someone knows how to fix it Sad
don't wanna lose my bitcoins ><
Moliere

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:05:23 AM

I have this same error. Any good resolution?
jahmonaut

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:41:52 AM

I had this exact same problem, now fixed through some reckless troubleshooting.

All i did was move the multibit.spvchain file to desktop and restarted multibit to see what would happen and boom. Synced up and funds available in no time.

I'm guessing that when the spvchain file becomes out of sync with blockchain info it throws a spanner in the works so you have to delete it and let the program create a new one. At least that's how it works with steam and game server client registry, I honestly have no idea what i'm doing haha

Either way, your funds will be available.

SO.

-Navigate to (C:/users/***/appdata/roaming/multibit/multibit.spvchain) and delete multibit.spvchain (you will back it up first if you are smart)
-Restart Multibit 0.5.9
-Watch it sync up and love me.

I created a forum account just to post this because i feel your pain! This problem has been heckling me for days! I hope I could help someone because there i couldn't find any clear information on how to solve this problem ANYWHERE or even what seems to be causing it. Good luck everyone Smiley

tips welcome ;3
1C1NrJyvXpAsxhdxgBtw7YQG6JyQtREXok

natbyte

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:09:50 PM

Worked for me, many thanks for posting the solution.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 06:45:34 PM

I had this exact same problem, now fixed through some reckless troubleshooting.

All i did was move the multibit.spvchain file to desktop and restarted multibit to see what would happen and boom. Synced up and funds available in no time.

I'm guessing that when the spvchain file becomes out of sync with blockchain info it throws a spanner in the works so you have to delete it and let the program create a new one. At least that's how it works with steam and game server client registry, I honestly have no idea what i'm doing haha

Either way, your funds will be available.

SO.

-Navigate to (C:/users/***/appdata/roaming/multibit/multibit.spvchain) and delete multibit.spvchain (you will back it up first if you are smart)
-Restart Multibit 0.5.9
-Watch it sync up and love me.

I created a forum account just to post this because i feel your pain! This problem has been heckling me for days! I hope I could help someone because there i couldn't find any clear information on how to solve this problem ANYWHERE or even what seems to be causing it. Good luck everyone Smiley

tips welcome ;3
1C1NrJyvXpAsxhdxgBtw7YQG6JyQtREXok

Never experienced such problem but I'll keep it in mind in case such misfortune happens. Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: