Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:42:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-02 dailycaller-Libertarian presidential only accepting gold, Bitcoin for  (Read 665 times)
Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:33:33 AM

Libertarian presidential hopeful only accepting gold, Bitcoin for donations

While the 2016 presidential election is still far off, one hopeful is getting a head start on fundraising by accepting unorthodox forms of campaign donations.

In an open letter to the Federal Election Commission, Libertarian Party presidential candidate Darryl Perry declared that his campaign will use Internet currencies like Bitcoin wallet and Litecoin wallet as well as precious metals to finance his bid for the White House.

“The Darryl W. Perry for President (2016) campaign will not be accepting donations in currencies recognized by the federal legal tender laws,” the letter states.

“I believe this is a major step in the progression of presidential campaigns and elections, in general,” Perry said in a press release announcing his candidacy. “If I’m going to avoid their regulations in my campaign, I should also avoid using their money in my campaign.”

While Bitcoin is not currently accepted as tender in most places, the Libertarian Party announced that it will be accepting donation pledges in the form of the Internet currency.

“Many Libertarians have begun using Bitcoin, a decentralized digital currency. The Libertarian Party is now equipped to accept Bitcoin donations through the services of BitPay,” the party’s website states.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/01/libertarian-presidential-hopeful-only-accepting-gold-bitcoin-for-donations/

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: