Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help with 0/unconfirmed, in memory pool  (Read 1016 times)
SHP-YTC (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:18:14 AM

Hello there!
I'm new to this and I'm sorry if this topic was discussed before, but at this point I just do not know what to do.
I eared 0.05 BTC and I wanted to transfer the coins from my Bitcoin core wallet to Electrum wallet (BC wallet uses 200GB I'm running out of storage).
Its been 5 days and the coins have not appeared in my new wallet.
After reading a few forums I figured out that my transaction fee is way too low.
Tried transaction accelerators but they dont work (transaction does not exist).
What can I do at this point?
I have no more bitcoins in my wallet, cant double spent... Cry

Datum: 20.05.2017 21:01
To: 3KXpAQDz6afsghGFinohHuY8QKkmYW6nzL
Debit: -0.05527000 BTC
Transaction fee: -0.00000224 BTC
Net amount: -0.05527224 BTC
Transaction ID: 8c32c0ee9cd57036172cf1ce773d71d76aea6113132199e9e22a175c506894a9
Output index: 0

Best regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Wolf

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:31:25 AM

Hello,

Since you're using bitcoin core you can do a full rbf on it where you can cancel an unconfirmed transaction and send it again with a recommended fee
Bitcoin Core

Bitcoin Core makes making Full RBF transactions very easy. Simply go to the transactions list, right click the transaction that is stuck, and choose the "Abandon Transaction" option.

If that option is greyed out, then you must restart Bitcoin Core with the -walletbroadcast=0 option and then you should be able to use "Abandon Transaction".

If the above two options fail for some reason, then you can start Bitcoin Core with the -zapwallettxes option to clear all unconfirmed transactions from your wallet.

Once the transaction is either Abandoned or cleared from the wallet, you can simply go to the Send tab and send the Bitcoin again but make sure that you include a sufficient transaction fee.

Or you can here the whole thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0
A good guide to know the recommended fee of a transaction: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
SHP-YTC (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:00:29 AM

Hello,

Since you're using bitcoin core you can do a full rbf on it where you can cancel an unconfirmed transaction and send it again with a recommended fee
Bitcoin Core

Bitcoin Core makes making Full RBF transactions very easy. Simply go to the transactions list, right click the transaction that is stuck, and choose the "Abandon Transaction" option.

If that option is greyed out, then you must restart Bitcoin Core with the -walletbroadcast=0 option and then you should be able to use "Abandon Transaction".

If the above two options fail for some reason, then you can start Bitcoin Core with the -zapwallettxes option to clear all unconfirmed transactions from your wallet.

Once the transaction is either Abandoned or cleared from the wallet, you can simply go to the Send tab and send the Bitcoin again but make sure that you include a sufficient transaction fee.

Or you can here the whole thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0
A good guide to know the recommended fee of a transaction: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

None of the commands work sadly.
I'm getting
"Transaction not eligible for abandonment (code -5)"
What is going on? :/

Best regards

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 02:56:45 PM

Firstly, if your only concern about Core is that it is using too much disk space, you can enable pruning. Go to the Bitcoin Core datadir and find or create the bitcoin.conf file (it's just a text file with a .conf extension). Then add the following line to it:
Code:
prune=550

That will reduce the size of the blockchain to ~1-2 GB. What it does is it will just delete the blockchain except for the most recent 288 or so blocks. As you get more blocks, the oldest blocks will be deleted to make space for the new ones.

If you really want to go ahead with transferring the Bitcoin to a new wallet, you will need to do a few things to get abandontransaction to work. First, stop Bitcoin Core. Then go to the Bitcoin Core datadir and delete the file called mempool.dat if it exists. Then start Bitcoin Core with the -walletbroadcast=0 option. Then you should be able to do Abandon Transaction.

SHP-YTC (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:32:53 AM

Firstly, if your only concern about Core is that it is using too much disk space, you can enable pruning. Go to the Bitcoin Core datadir and find or create the bitcoin.conf file (it's just a text file with a .conf extension). Then add the following line to it:
Code:
prune=550

That will reduce the size of the blockchain to ~1-2 GB. What it does is it will just delete the blockchain except for the most recent 288 or so blocks. As you get more blocks, the oldest blocks will be deleted to make space for the new ones.

If you really want to go ahead with transferring the Bitcoin to a new wallet, you will need to do a few things to get abandontransaction to work. First, stop Bitcoin Core. Then go to the Bitcoin Core datadir and delete the file called mempool.dat if it exists. Then start Bitcoin Core with the -walletbroadcast=0 option. Then you should be able to do Abandon Transaction.

I got it all fixed, coins appeared in my wallet.
Thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: