Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner's questions on managing Electrum wallet  (Read 261 times)
ziggy2 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:06:47 AM

Hi to everyone,

First I'd like to thank all of those on this forum who kindy give help and assistance to us who need support.

I have a couple of questions:

- I use Electrum 2.8.1, and I see that 2.8.2 is available ; should I update ? And if so, does the new version automatically replace the old one ?
- I have copied the file "electrum-2.8.1.exe" from my \C: disk to an external drive. It won't prevent hacking, but does it help if my disk crashes ?  Or is it enough to keep the paper record of my seed in a safe place ?

Thank you.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:16:20 AM

Hi to everyone,

First I'd like to thank all of those on this forum who kindy give help and assistance to us who need support.

I have a couple of questions:

- I use Electrum 2.8.1, and I see that 2.8.2 is available ; should I update ? And if so, does the new version automatically replace the old one ?
- I have copied the file "electrum-2.8.1.exe" from my \C: disk to an external drive. It won't prevent hacking, but does it help if my disk crashes ?  Or is it enough to keep the paper record of my seed in a safe place ?

Thank you.

Yes, it is recommended to upgrade to 2.8.2 as it includes bug fixes.

You don't need to save a copy of the 2.8.1 executable but you can if you wish to. You should be able to restore your seed on any newer version of Electrum without issues.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: