Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:48:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple is in major trouble  (Read 25377 times)
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:33:18 PM

Soon enough a lot of banks and financial institutions will create their own alt coins. Ripples main target is cross border transfers and that may keep them safe for the meantime.

R3 has been around for a while now but still does not have its own native coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoonion888

Activity: 191

I dont mind the pain

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:55:36 AM

Why to be worried about Ripple creating another coin, is stupid... It is as if Microsoft decided today to create new shares for its shareholders. Non sense.

LYKKE +++++ IOTA+++++BURST+++++IGNIS+++++ARDR+++++BCH
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:50:29 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2017, 12:17:04 PM by ðºÞæ

Ripple is in major major major major major trouble

Singapore’s central bank (MAS) and some serious big banks got together and decided to go head to head with Ripple Inc and build its own Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) Database that is spread across multiple sites, countries or institutions and wont have to deal with a Broken Database

XRP or Ubin take your pick
https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/sg/Documents/financial-services/sg-fsi-project-ubin-report.pdf
They are even so kind to integrate Ripple and Stellar blockchain distributed ledger tech database in the prototype. Of course it will be gone sooner or later.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Calangaman

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:03:31 PM

1. many people still think that the value of XRP derives from Ripple's success as a company

2. how would you trust a coin that the founder himself wanted to dump a few years ago https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-jed-mccaleb-settle-suit-over-1-million-in-disputed-funds/

3. why on earth do large exchanges like Bitstamp still allow XRP trading ?

The valuation of XRP shows that the cryptocommunity is not as educated as many think...
cryptoonion888

I dont mind the pain

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:29:04 PM

1. many people still think that the value of XRP derives from Ripple's success as a company

2. how would you trust a coin that the founder himself wanted to dump a few years ago https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-jed-mccaleb-settle-suit-over-1-million-in-disputed-funds/

3. why on earth do large exchanges like Bitstamp still allow XRP trading ?

The valuation of XRP shows that the cryptocommunity is not as educated as many think...

Why doesnt like XRP? Is cheap, is fast, is ubiquitous, is easy to see the transactions in the blockchain. I just dont get why this hate to a coin. I love it, and I'm lucky that my two principal exchanges uses XRP. The day I can buy and pay in XRP I'm gonna be so happy, is just a coin not the code for teleportation... far far far better than UShitD
For the teleportation I have already my IOTAS  Cheesy

Calangaman

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:51:45 PM

Why doesnt like XRP? Is cheap, is fast, is ubiquitous, is easy to see the transactions in the blockchain. I just dont get why this hate to a coin. I love it, and I'm lucky that my two principal exchanges uses XRP. The day I can buy and pay in XRP I'm gonna be so happy, is just a coin not the code for teleportation... far far far better than UShitD

I have no problem with XRP as a mean of payment. If people like it, fair enough.

I have a big problem with XRP as a store of value. A centralized coin where founders can release new coins at will offers no value in my view.

But who knows, people may find value in it and I may be wrong...
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:53:17 PM

Soon enough a lot of banks and financial institutions will create their own alt coins. Ripples main target is cross border transfers and that may keep them safe for the meantime.

R3 has been around for a while now but still does not have its own native coin.

In coming Ripple should face a lot of challenges with the bank because once if they attain the knowledge of Ripple's blockchain. The banks themselves start developing their own blockchain for a smooth transaction. 'Nobody doesn't know what is going to be future of Ripple.

Edwardbn

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:47:08 AM

Banks, payment providers and digital asset exchanges process and provide liquidity for payments on RippleNet, creating new, competitive cross-border payments services for their customers.
Hodor7777

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:25:15 AM

I have no problem with XRP as a mean of payment. If people like it, fair enough.

I have a big problem with XRP as a store of value. A centralized coin where founders can release new coins at will offers no value in my view.

1) That's simply not true.  There is actual code to run a check on the maximum number of XRP on the network.  JoelKatz has explained these previously.
2) Even if it were true, that statement makes no sense from a critical thinking perspective.  A move to control the markets would just end up hurting themselves. 

leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:38:36 AM

1) That's simply not true.  There is actual code to run a check on the maximum number of XRP on the network.  JoelKatz has explained these previously.
2) Even if it were true, that statement makes no sense from a critical thinking perspective.  A move to control the markets would just end up hurting themselves. 

I do see the concern from the perspective of "uncapped" value but this has already seen a few coins disprove the theory, at least for the time being. I can see Dogecoin's inflationary model or even ETH for that matter. In a way, ETH centralisation offers a form of security for owners, who know that there are big whales with a lot of investment and interest. It instils confidence that they will not let the value go down too much. Like it or not, centralised currency will try to influence markets at some point.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:23:06 PM

They're been seems to be getting out of trunk things off for this coin. Chances are there will still be a core of people that will stay with it like a cult following. I don't think it's going to die anytime soon but at the same time I wouldn't expect an upward rise in the next couple of months or anything like that.

cryptoonion888

I dont mind the pain

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:39:52 PM

They're been seems to be getting out of trunk things off for this coin. Chances are there will still be a core of people that will stay with it like a cult following. I don't think it's going to die anytime soon but at the same time I wouldn't expect an upward rise in the next couple of months or anything like that.

I'm afraid you're right: but: HODL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NupxasQWs

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: