Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest @ Coinbase  (Read 475 times)
roberbers (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:25:44 PM

Is it good to just buy BTC & ETH @ Coinbase and leave it there for investment?

I think the fees might be pretty high or is it not?

And after I buy it, should I leave it there or send to some of my created wallets in Electrum for example?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:26:25 PM

Cheaper fees on GDAX though they limit how much you can transfer out into your main wallet per day unless you get approval for larger sums (it's a $10K limit per day usually).  GDAX is the market portion of Coinbase where you can set a limit order like the stock market and they charge much lower fees than the main Coinbase site.  If you have a Coinbase accounts you can instantly move money between Coinbase and GDAX to buy on GDAX instead.  If you're familiar with online stock trading it's the same idea, limit orders, etc.

Their site is crawling though due to all the activity lol
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:52:30 AM

And after I buy it, should I leave it there or send to some of my created wallets in Electrum for example?

Yes it is Ok to buy their since coinbase is pretty more known exchanger where you can buy both of coins you've mentioned and also you can buy at localbitcoin but i don't know if they had ETH handle on their. An as I See you want to buy for staking sake well electrum is quitely reputable wallet but take proper precaution since anything can turn bad these days and use hardware wallet instead if you want to stake huge volume of that coin.

thebitcoinkiddo

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:25:15 AM

I'd just leave it there for the investment. Cryptocurrencies are blowing up all around the world. Having investments in them is a good idea for sure. hold onto them for a couple years and you'll be able to retire.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: