Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:24:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After transaction is confirmed coins get sent to someone else's address  (Read 359 times)
Idontknowjesus (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:40:34 PM

Hello everyone!
I am new to bitcoin so I apologize if my question seems silly but i sent some coins to a website and due to the confirmations taking a long time I started checking the status with blockchain and blockomonics.
Now that the transactions have been confirmed I can see on the tree chart on blockchain that the address i sent them to almost immediately sent them to someone else's address and from there to another and another etc.
Why is this? it is normal?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:42:59 PM

Hello everyone!
I am new to bitcoin so I apologize if my question seems silly but i sent some coins to a website and due to the confirmations taking a long time I started checking the status with blockchain and blockomonics.
Now that the transactions have been confirmed I can see on the tree chart on blockchain that the address i sent them to almost immediately sent them to someone else's address and from there to another and another etc.
Why is this? it is normal?

It depends on the web site and who is using it etc.  Maybe they were buying something or moving them to cold storage or something else. Smiley
Idontknowjesus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:46:47 PM

But i sent them to my personal wallet on said website.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:52:53 PM

But i sent them to my personal wallet on said website.

Your personal wallet on most websites is just a deposit account. When you send coins to it, they will typically be credited and then sent directly to somewhere else where they're needed, such as to pay for user withdrawals.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Idontknowjesus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:56:19 PM

ok thank you, that is what i figured but since the transaction shows 60 confirmations but the coins still dont show in my wallet yet and then i see them being sent to another address I started to get a little worried. Is it somewhat normal to get lots of confirmations but still not have the coins displayed in your wallet?
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:01:07 PM

ok thank you, that is what i figured but since the transaction shows 60 confirmations but the coins still dont show in my wallet yet and then i see them being sent to another address I started to get a little worried. Is it somewhat normal to get lots of confirmations but still not have the coins displayed in your wallet?

The fact that you sent them to some web site that is depositing them in an account for you is an important detail.  ;-)

As far as if they haven't shown up in your wallet there yet, that would also depend on the web site.  To me, it seems strange that they wouldn't show up at least as "pending" instantly (in a second or two) and then "confirmed" after 3-6 confirmations.  If you can share the web site, that might be helpful to know.

Contacting this web site's support team would be an important step if this type of question isn't covered in their FAQ.  

Idontknowjesus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:04:38 PM

ok thank you the prompt relies, the website isnt the standard kind so support isnt very good from what I can see.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:06:54 PM

ok thank you the prompt relies, the website isnt the standard kind so support isnt very good from what I can see.
What site did you deposit on?
What is your address?
What address did you send to?
Send us some more information, because we are not able to help you when we don't know the whole story.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:19:49 PM

Now I see why customer support is low, this wasn't coinbase. 😀  

If there are support forums on there, maybe there are people there who would know the answer?

Edit: it appears there are forums there.
Idontknowjesus (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:23:13 PM

ok ill check it out later on, patience isnt a virtue of mine Smiley
Once again i really appreciate the help!
harveydent

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:03:01 PM

i "may" know the answer because a similar thing happened to me..

when you send coins from A-B

the remainder of your wallet will be placed in address C.

could it be that your preference in "tools" on your wallet are set to a lesser amount, mBTC rather than BTC so when you sent funds to B you only sent a tiny amount?

the remainder of your wallet would have gone to this mysterious address (C) but it is infact yours.

does this make sense and help at all?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: