Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:15:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulls Get Rich, Bears Get Rich, Pigs Get...  (Read 522 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:02:46 PM

Slaughtered.  When I got up and checked BTC price as soon as I could, it was a hair over $2700.

I am now seeing extreme price volatility, 5 mins ago price was $2395 or so (down $300...), now I see $2500.

After a HUGE spike like this, it is only prudent to work down your BTC stack if you have big gains.  Gold is good for that.

Hey, BTC could reach $3000, $5000, whatever soon.  But I would not place my future 100% on that...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 05:12:23 PM

Actually I feel a lot more secure after that correction.  Usually, I'd say that the more corrections that happen along the way and the slower that the price keeps going up, the less likely it is to drop loads afterwards.

Selling a little bit is fine, but not if you bought fairly recently.  HODL most.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:28:12 PM

Just checked two other BTC prices (1:26 PM US ET): $2295 and $2325 (approx.).

Often at the end of a big bull run there is extreme price volatility.

Ahh, JUST re-checked: $2270 and $2260.

That's volatility!
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:28:45 AM

Actually I feel a lot more secure after that correction.  Usually, I'd say that the more corrections that happen along the way and the slower that the price keeps going up, the less likely it is to drop loads afterwards.

Selling a little bit is fine, but not if you bought fairly recently.  HODL most.
Yes,that correction would definitely help for the bitcoin stability.Volatility is the nature of bitcoin.But if we see over all history of bitcoin for a long period,bitcoin price has risen and fallen but it has become stable in price which was greater than the previous price.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:01:16 AM

Yes,that correction would definitely help for the bitcoin stability.Volatility is the nature of bitcoin.But if we see over all history of bitcoin for a long period,bitcoin price has risen and fallen but it has become stable in price which was greater than the previous price.

Back then the price is soaring to a new high and dropping in an unknown value, but right now BTC has a safe zone that we can guarantee that it will never gonna go down that far, and because of the other countries marketcap towards bitcoin we can surely say that the $2000 value mark is a safe zone that we can assure for bitcoin right now, but I really can never tell if it is gonna be the same news after the Split occur.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:12:55 AM

Actually I feel a lot more secure after that correction.  Usually, I'd say that the more corrections that happen along the way and the slower that the price keeps going up, the less likely it is to drop loads afterwards.

Selling a little bit is fine, but not if you bought fairly recently.  HODL most.

Back then the price is soaring to a new high and dropping in an unknown value, but right now BTC has a safe zone that we can guarantee that it will never gonna go down that far, and because of the other countries marketcap towards bitcoin we can surely say that the $2000 value mark is a safe zone that we can assure for bitcoin right now, but I really can never tell if it is gonna be the same news after the Split occur.

Yes, that August 1 date is going to be important to BTC price going forward.  Volatility will likely come back in the coming days leading up to that date if the BTC community has doubts that any changes will be GOOD for Bitcoin and be implemented properly.  A lot of things could go wrong.

I have no idea what will happen...
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 10:33:41 AM

I am sure it will work out well. It always has, and now that BTC is so high there is much more money at stake. They will likely do it right.

Of course a lot of volatility is expected, as not everyone has unbreakable faith.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:23:07 AM

I am sure it will work out well. It always has, and now that BTC is so high there is much more money at stake. They will likely do it right.

Of course a lot of volatility is expected, as not everyone has unbreakable faith.

Pretty much agree with that. There are business with hundreds of millions of dollars in line! And all those big whales should be mentioned as well! Of course there is no 100% certainty, but for instance if Jihan and Ver go insane and screw it up, these guys are mostly done and will be hunted by one or the other!
I still see this all as big FUD. But let's see whow it will play out. In a few weeks we all will know more.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:04:48 PM

Pretty much agree with that. There are business with hundreds of millions of dollars in line! And all those big whales should be mentioned as well! Of course there is no 100% certainty, but for instance if Jihan and Ver go insane and screw it up, these guys are mostly done and will be hunted by one or the other!
I still see this all as big FUD. But let's see whow it will play out. In a few weeks we all will know more.

maokoto and Denker

Your points about the HUGE amount of money at stake do leave me a little more optimistic that the August 1 implementation may very well go OK.  So far, Bitcoin has survived other scares and squabbles.

Money talks.

But, I never saw this as FUD, as it looked like some powerful players in Bitcoin were trying to squeeze excess profit from all the rest of us, and Core did not give me confidence in their communications.

As you wrote, we will see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: