Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:13:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Export' Button Grayed Out-0.01BTC to help me fix it and export private key  (Read 241 times)
CryptoCrypto (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:39:33 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 06:55:00 PM by CryptoCrypto

I am trying to export all the private keys from a Trezor device hooked up to Electrum.

I am using wallet --> private keys --> export

Everything works well except that when I get to the private key screen I can't actually press the 'export' button. It is grayed out and not accessible.

Can anyone help me figure out how to export these private keys?

Thanks!

Note: There is also a red dot beside the Trezor icon in the Electrum wallet. Does this means the Trezor is locked and does this relate to the issue I'm having?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoCrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:05:12 PM

First, if you have a red dot on the Trezor logo (bottom right) - yes, Electrum has a communication problem with your Trezor - check the cable.  Sometimes, it could be the laptop or PC USB connector that can be worn out or "loose" (my 7 years old laptop has that issue).

Second, even if you had the green light on the Trezor logo, you can't export private keys out of Trezor itself. 

The only way you can access the private keys stored on a Trezor, is to restore the seed words into a regular Electrum wallet.   But, by doing so, you will compromised your seed words - therefore, not recommended.

Thank you. The reason that I'm asking is because I have some non-bitcoin tokens stored on it that are compatible with bitcoin addresses and private keys, so I need the private key in order to import the tokens into their native wallet.

So in your view using the wallet seed when electrum starts would do the trick and generate those private keys?   
CryptoCrypto (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:13:46 PM

Thanks, that makes sense. Let me know your BTC address and I'll send you a tip when I've managed to get it done!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: