Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIY] auto-hard-reset mining rigs with Raspberry Pi  (Read 8486 times)
Kasmetski (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

Searchin` perfection!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:18:56 AM
Merited by huntingthesnark (1)

What version did you download?
Is it the one from "release" pages or vie bin folder in the source?
When you start the tool, you should see message in the terminal like this:
12:18:04.231 ▶ NOTIC 00b ▶  TelegramBot Authorteleized on account XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Makefinity - Unleash Your Creativity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:49:57 PM

Excellent spot! Idiot here had downloaded your first version. Spent hours checking the code thinking I'd missed a space or something...duh.

Really appreciate the help - Telegram remote is up and running!

Just have to test the relays and I'll be in business... Thanks again!

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
tuanvu01

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:44:44 AM

Good job!
I run it on Orange Pi Pc, but it cannot run relay signal on PIN 40
Please help me
huntingthesnark

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:06:35 PM

Worth mentioning that the (most excellent) developer has used physical GPIO pinout definitions in the Go code.
(I started using BCM, which obviously didn't work)

Make sure you're using the right ones! Handy guide: https://tr.pinout.xyz/

hashestohashes

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:01:37 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 06:20:56 PM by hashestohashes

I just messed with this for probably five hours (learning curve). I got it up and going now though, at least half, really awesome idea and it may or may not be "that difficult" for someone already experienced. It's a massive help here. So, thanks! I have been meaning to dive into a micro controller for a while, figured now is a good spot to start.

Now I just keep getting an error "Problem with the API key. Fix the problem or disable the TelegramBot from the config file" seems like the api key (around 32 letters/numbers) is correct to me..... I'll mess with it later

Ok, made it past that, now when I send a message from my phone to the bot it just says you're not my master. Skimming through the code it seems it checks something and says this before it can go further. So that's what I'm working on now, step by step pretty good learning experience.

Journey continues, bot now accepts commands, bot name, vs username changes, and everything else lol.

So, a question: Is telegram suppose to send me a message when a rig goes down? I looked through the code some more and I don't think it does currently, but I can't be sure lol

OK, Pushover notifications worked lol
bobster316

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:49:34 PM

Can someone help/guide me to set this up on raspberry pi3, i have purchased the relay switch and have connected it to the appropriate gpio pins as shown in the diagram.

The raspberry pi3 running raspbian
bobster316

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:25:41 PM

anyone please?
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:48:34 AM

Can someone help/guide me to set this up on raspberry pi3, i have purchased the relay switch and have connected it to the appropriate gpio pins as shown in the diagram.

Look at the config.json file.  In this file is where you setup the IP address and the GPIO pin that it's connected to.  Find a pin-out of your pi3, select some GPIO pins and match them up in your JSON file.

bobster316

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:24:54 AM

Look at the config.json file.  In this file is where you setup the IP address and the GPIO pin that it's connected to.  Find a pin-out of your pi3, select some GPIO pins and match them up in your JSON file.

I have setup the following -

GPIOI 39 - GND – Red                                         
GPIO 16 (pin36) – IN1- Yellow >>>>>>> MiningRig01
GPIO 12 (pin32) – IN2 – Green >>>>>>> MiningRig02
GPIO 36 – IN3 – Orange  >>>>>> Free
GPIO 29 – IN4 – Blue >>>>>>>>> Free
GPIO 4  - VCC – Black

What pins do I need to connect between motherboard and the switch

I have configured the config.json as follows (what other changes do i need to make to this) –

{
    "WaitSeconds": 1800,
    "StartupCheck" : true,
    "Log" : true,
    "RemoteNotify" : false,
    "TgBotActivate" : false,
    "TgAPIKey" : "API-KEY",
    "TgAdminUserName" : "USERNAME",
    "Pushover": false,
    "PushoverToken": "ACCESS-TOKEN",
    "PushoverUser": "USER-TOKEN",
    "Miners": [
        {   "Name": "machine 0", "Pin": "36", "Ip": "192.168.0.16", "Info": "MiningRig01"  },   
        {   "Name": "machine 1", "Pin": "32", "Ip": "192.168.0.38", "Info": "MiningRig02"   },   
    ]
}

How do i configure the raspberry pi with this config? i have seen mention of "Go" ?
bobster316

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:49:55 AM

Any help from anyone?
puwaha

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:42:11 PM

What kind of help are you looking for?  You’ve setup the JSON file, I’m assuming you’ve connected the relays to the matching GPIO pins in the JSON file.  From there you just follow the install instructions from the Github page and run it.  I would suggest you not connect the relays to your rigs until you know that it’s working.
sunder54

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:49:41 PM

Nice share about this, I think cheaper if we buy usb watchdog. It’s also can reset our computer if they have a problem maybe GPU hang, our operating system especially windows that compatible with usb watchdog software. But I’m appreciate you guys who want to learn for your knowledge.
kainplan

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:52:10 PM

At first: Thanks for the nice work!
I got it running now, just need to figure out how to easily remote control the pi desktop itself. Since i'm a few thousand kilometers away the next weeks i would feel better having the possibility to restart/stop the reset tool manually. I don't like the theoretical possibility of getting my rigs rebooted continuously for weeks Wink

Concerning the telegram bot: You have to set your telegram username (i had to choose one at first) as admin name in the json file. Not the Bots admin name! Got the "not my master" message, too. After that you are able to ask the bot via /status, /ping Rig, /help, ... (see commands in telegram.go switch)

For my opinion a notification each time a rig reboots would be great, too. But anyways - great work so far!

I just messed with this for probably five hours (learning curve). I got it up and going now though, at least half, really awesome idea and it may or may not be "that difficult" for someone already experienced. It's a massive help here. So, thanks! I have been meaning to dive into a micro controller for a while, figured now is a good spot to start.

Now I just keep getting an error "Problem with the API key. Fix the problem or disable the TelegramBot from the config file" seems like the api key (around 32 letters/numbers) is correct to me..... I'll mess with it later

Ok, made it past that, now when I send a message from my phone to the bot it just says you're not my master. Skimming through the code it seems it checks something and says this before it can go further. So that's what I'm working on now, step by step pretty good learning experience.

Journey continues, bot now accepts commands, bot name, vs username changes, and everything else lol.

So, a question: Is telegram suppose to send me a message when a rig goes down? I looked through the code some more and I don't think it does currently, but I can't be sure lol

OK, Pushover notifications worked lol
bobster316

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:21:04 PM

What kind of help are you looking for?  You’ve setup the JSON file, I’m assuming you’ve connected the relays to the matching GPIO pins in the JSON file.  From there you just follow the install instructions from the Github page and run it.  I would suggest you not connect the relays to your rigs until you know that it’s working.

Thanks, have switching working now, can you please advise which if i have the outputs connected correctly (going to power on/off)

https://imgur.com/a/NFC49
puwaha

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:42:13 PM

Thanks, have switching working now, can you please advise which if i have the outputs connected correctly (going to power on/off)

https://imgur.com/a/NFC49

It's pretty easy to test.  Just unplug your ethernet cable on your rig.  When the time is up, this program should initiate the hard-reboot sequence.
huntingthesnark

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:20:32 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 04:31:37 PM by huntingthesnark

Slightly weird one. Have had this up and running with just one rig for ages. Just trying to add a second, and telegram doesn't seem to recognise commands for different rigs. So /restart m1 restarts m0... (I've named machines m0, m1, etc in the config)...

Any thoughts anybody?

Edit: I assume in telegram "/restart m1" is being received as just "/restart"... so far tried /restartm1 /restart,m1... machine 0 is getting a bashing...

polymer_city2

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:56:09 PM

I was thinking about doing a Windows 10 IoT version in c#.

Do you need to externally power the relay?
puwaha

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:28:26 AM

I was thinking about doing a Windows 10 IoT version in c#.

Do you need to externally power the relay?

The PI supplies the power for the relay.  The 5V from pin 2 or 4 on the GPIO pins power the VCC input on the relay.
huntingthesnark

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:51:29 AM

Has anyone got Telegram commands working for multiple rigs, and if so what exact commands work? My setup appears to not recognise "Name": "machine 0"...

Everything else works, so must be some kind of code/punctuation cockup I'm making...

kuupea

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:42:25 AM

I set it up, the pi and relay worked fine i think, I saw lights blink in accordance on relay with it had to reset, but it didnt.
I think because I had to put few of those jumper cables together the current didnt make it to the motherboard.
What cables are recommended ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: