Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:38:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER.com is a criminal enterprise. Don't use their exchange.  (Read 328 times)
coinits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:49:11 PM

I noticed it on the weekend when I loaded some old ifc coins on to their site. I only did it because they were the only English language exchange available. I was able to sell 50% of my holdings for a good price. Their only market is LTC - IFC.

I had my LTC and tried to withdraw but got a message that LTC withdrawals were suspended 'due to local policy' WTF?

Well I then I looked for a way out...it was to sell the LTC for BTC and, since BTC withdrawals were suspended too, I sold the BTC for ETC.

So they got a lot of fees out of me but I did get my ETC.

I still had about 50% of my bag on there in a sell order. Well yesterday they shut down for 'server maintenance' and came back on-line about 15 hours past their published date. Good news huh? Nope.

They now have suspended withdrawals on every cyrpto and cash vehicle.

DO NOT TRY AND SELL ANY COINS ON THAT EXCHANGE. Once you upload them they are stuck there. They have gone rogue and cannot be trusted.

Question: Anyone have any idea contact info for local government authorities? I don't mind issuing a formal statement against them. I want them shut down and the owners arrested. 

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ltcifc

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:57:49 PM

I noticed it on the weekend when I loaded some old ifc coins on to their site. I only did it because they were the only English language exchange available. I was able to sell 50% of my holdings for a good price. Their only market is LTC - IFC.

I had my LTC and tried to withdraw but got a message that LTC withdrawals were suspended 'due to local policy' WTF?

Well I then I looked for a way out...it was to sell the LTC for BTC and, since BTC withdrawals were suspended too, I sold the BTC for ETC.

I still had about 50% of my bag on there in a sell order. Well yesterday they shut down for 'server maintenance' and came back on-line about 15 hours past their published date. Good news huh? Nope.

DO NOT TRY AND SELL ANY COINS ON THAT EXCHANGE. Once you upload them they are stuck there. They have gone rogue and cannot be trusted.

Question: Anyone have any idea contact info for local government authorities? I don't mind issuing a formal statement against them. I want them shut down and the owners arrested. 
When you send formal statement to them and had them arrested, can you pls tell the police to stop by Poloniex and arrest them too for suspending BCN? Thanks.
coinits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:45:38 PM

When you send formal statement to them and had them arrested, can you pls tell the police to stop by Poloniex and arrest them too for suspending BCN? Thanks.

I have ticket with them. Thus far no response. Will wait for a bit longer before calling scam.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: