Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New feature idea for Bitcoin Client  (Read 716 times)
tbeau1 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:39:37 AM

How about adding a feature to the Bitcoin Client that would upon receiving or confirming a payment, send POST data to a URL that includes the amount received, address sent from, address sent to, and time received.

Also, possibly also a feature doing the same for outgoing payments.

Possibly an easier solution than API through a 3rd party.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mnemonix

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:54:38 AM

How about adding a feature to the Bitcoin Client that would upon receiving or confirming a payment, send POST data to a URL that includes the amount received, address sent from, address sent to, and time received.

Also, possibly also a feature doing the same for outgoing payments.

Possibly an easier solution than API through a 3rd party.

Have a block at blockexplorer.com. This site keeps track on all blocks and all transactions.

Best regards,
mnemonix
forbun

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 01:38:09 PM

I want a website that keeps track of my transactions. One of the many things the site would offer is a graph of my Bitcoin balance over time, so I can see how it has increased/decreased.

What name would you give to the smallest unit of bitcoin (0.00000001)? sat. What name would you give to 100 sats? bit. 1 bit = 1 uBTC. 1,000,000 bits = 1 BTC. It's bits
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 01:43:11 PM

the bitcoin json api (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_Calls_list) already allows access to this information.  You would need to write a script that polls for your balance and then does your POST.

Using blockexplorer is better though - just export your PUBLIC keys from your wallet using bitcointools and then write an app that polls blockexplorer for transactions... in fact that's not a bad idea for a webpage, I might code that up if I have some spare time.

Will

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: