Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRICE CRASH = SELL NOW REDUCE LOSS  (Read 5753 times)
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

$100 was an important psychological barrier that is now broken unfortunately.

Your important barrier has been broken at least a dozen times in the last 2 months.
Also it's not that much of a barrier of you aren't trading in $
Bitcoins aren't a local thing.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:53:34 PM

PRICE CRASH = SELL NOW AND CREATE MORE LOSS.  (there. fixed that for you.)
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:53:38 PM

Really was this crash that obvious? Wow you must have made a killing!

Yes, it was pretty obvious.

I sold all my BTC at $162 then went back in for a small profit of a couple of thousand USD in the $140's before selling it all again.

It was massively oversold and the price went up way too fast, now it's correcting.

I'm sure it will happen all over again once this settles down over the coming weekend.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:54:45 PM

Be sure to panic sell, I want to load more cheap coins.  Kiss

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
gizmoh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:54:50 PM

T o all who are panic selling... Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.   Smiley
Can you sense panic? I see constant selling pressure since yesterday, more sellers than buyers,hence the price crash.Wake up the hype bubble has popped.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:55:08 PM

If west coast decides to join the dump we will see $60 $70 again today then Price will rally up again . Tmrw v likely it will start another Asian European dump and decent to the $50 wall, I don't see it breaking that wall easily If ever, if it does then bit coin will be priced fairly low on the short term. Only savior from double digits is a powerful rally back to 120 - 130.

$100 was an important psychological barrier that is now broken unfortunately. Also I'd imagine a lot of merchants who gathered btc will want to dump btc to get the most of it. A lot of the new bit coin entrepreneurs were depending on bit coin strength and stability, if it fails to hold above $50 alot will cancel their venture plans and hold, only market makers and true believers will continue with their bit coin ventures.

Long term I'm not too concerned but this is my expectations based on the price trends.

i think all it takes is opening up a few more exchanges to stabilize price - also, writing better engine/rules at gox. panic buying and selling is rather dumb and i think most people realize this by now

ok
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:56:29 PM

T o all who are panic selling... Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.   Smiley
Can you sense panic? I see constant selling pressure since yesterday, more sellers than buyers,hence the price crash.Wake up the hype bubble has popped.
Agreed, I see no panic here. Just people reacting naturally to reduced demand coupled with inflationary pressure.

Elon Krusky
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:56:49 PM

Dude, I just sold my last sliver. got a good average selling price on the way down overall. I didn't panic I don't think, just experience from getting burnt in other markets, e.g. the tech stock bubble in the early noughties. oh people who wanna post again that btc does not equal stocks, don't bother. you posted that before the latest crash, changing your minds now eh, eh? anyhoot, I'm going to do now what I didn't do 14 years ago. I now waiting with my keg of dry powder and seeing what happens. I MAY buy in again but only after I is sure it has bottomed out and steady and started rising again but only after the bulls have mostly left forums like this because they is fed up because price isn't shooting up for them. for these bull guys, this is their lesson so that they can do better in 14 years time for the next bubble zwangcoin or whatever that may be innit.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:58:16 PM

shit confirmations are taking so long
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:08:05 PM

Why does this shit always happens the day before I get my BTC...

Tsk* This is simply a test of the warrior! Sell? Take loss? Fool! I will sit calmly during the storm and preserve my strength. The storm will pass...

I will wait for the rally.
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:08:48 PM

Its not panic selling while no money comes into bitcoin anymore.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:10:22 PM

the buy volume is 10x the selling volume orders
people are just trying to push the wave down with most doing that knowing that they will be buying back in when it's "cheaper"
i doubt anyone really is panicking

ok
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:12:25 PM

all these jr. member bears crack me up. they play the market for two months and they think they have it all figured out. 
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:14:11 PM

We oughta make a manipulation post for the newbs who are getting fleeced. It's only fair.
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:15:45 PM

all these jr. member bears crack me up. they play the market for two months and they think they have it all figured out. 
You realize they're outnumbered by jr. member bulls by a factor of about 10 right?

Elon Krusky
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:16:14 PM

see a hero there making money and shit. you may know me as a jr.member but you do not know who I am  .
gizmoh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:18:00 PM

You've been here too long, falling into  "delusion of grandeur", this is a "Reality check" from juniors..

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:18:05 PM

I might be bitcoin newb but I isn't newb to markets in general, doing since 1994, seen some shit in my time I tells ya. so far nothing about bitcoin tells me that it is the special one, it is like many other types of highly speculative markets. but my main point is that you got to have RISK CONTROL or the markets are going to give it to you bending over. you need to know when to put RISK ON and know when to take RISK OFF. ah what the point, just pay good attention to what is going to happen over the next few months and try to learn from it for your future.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:21:00 PM

It just cracks me up how everytime we're in a correction or a rally, everybody takes everything so personal. It's like "Stop selling! My bitcoins lose value!"
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:21:30 PM

I might be bitcoin newb but I isn't newb to markets in general, doing since 1994, seen some shit in my time I tells ya. so far nothing about bitcoin tells me that it is the special one, it is like many other types of highly speculative markets. but my main point is that you got to have RISK CONTROL or the markets are going to give it to you bending over. you need to know when to put RISK ON and know when to take RISK OFF. ah what the point, just pay good attention to what is going to happen over the next few months and try to learn from it for your future.

Most of the vocal people in this forum buy and refuse to sell no matter what the price.

They bury their heads in the sand and watch it crash all the while still holding. They think it makes them 'strong' and only the 'weak' sell.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: