Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:34:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To all the bears with reason, a big pat on the back.  (Read 3509 times)
awakening

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:17:06 PM

This one is really disgusting.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wuji (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:18:10 PM

This one is really disgusting.
Thanks!  That's the same thought I feel when I read his posts.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:20:55 PM

I have new play tool: report to moderator

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:34:31 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 05:39:53 PM by John (John K.)

HAHAHA I took bitcon off ignore I couldn't resist.  And while I did I realized bitcon's are delicious guys!  Anyone hungry?

Don't worry the man who decided it was a good idea to enter the pen at the zoo was unharmed in the end and the bear was shot and killed you'll be happy to know.

uh, unharmed seems not to jive with the bloody limp body. Maybe this isn't so cool to post, huh?

more or less retired.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:37:40 PM

Everyone who has ever touched bitcoin is a bull - even if they have already sold all their bitcoins. They are all waiting to buy back in.
No one who has ever bought bitcoins just walked away and carried on with their bitcoinless lives.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:44:50 PM

VC's are POURING money into Bitcoin businesses right now.  Sorry, I just don't see anything but an upside in the medium to long term.  The bears might win the week or even this month, but a few months from now, the price is going to continue exploding upwards.  JMO.

Can your provide some articles on the VC's and the specific "Bitcoin businesses"?  I have not seen these fundamentals.  This could be great news, please share.  I have a lot of contacts with big VC's and Angel investors, they will willingly listen to any such proposals.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/01/coindesk/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/04/29/big-vc-says-bitcoin-is-gold-2-0-its-a-huge-huge-huge-deal/
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100686189
http://www.wired.com/business/2013/04/whats-riskier-than-bitcoins-bitcoin-companies/
http://upstart.bizjournals.com/companies/startups/2013/04/29/chris-dixon-likes-bitcoin.html
http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/29/chris-dixon-second-wave-bitcoin-startups/
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-venture-capitalists-love-bitcoin-2013-4
http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/29/chris-dixon-plans-on-investing-in-more-bitcoin-startups-says-more-entrepreneurs-are-getting-involved/
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:59:31 PM

Everyone who has ever touched bitcoin is a bull - even if they have already sold all their bitcoins. They are all waiting to buy back in.
No one who has ever bought bitcoins just walked away and carried on with their bitcoinless lives.

Yep, most of the "bears" here are bulls who want cheap 'coin. (Sadly, have to add Wuji to Ignore. Not for being a bear - I never considered Ignoring evolve or proudhon - but for all the arrogant "I gambled and cleared my whole position at $0,23/mBTC! Lookitme, aren't I the superjeenius?" constant bragging. It became enough after a while.)

Now, I might fancy hopping in for some cheap BTC after the May 15 upgrade/fork shenanigans are out of the way. May I join the grizzly party? Wink

Back to 20 bucks we fall, folks! Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:58:03 PM

sorry, i woke up feeling like a bear today. i caught someone stealing electricity from the side of my house and it kind of set me off.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:12:54 PM

sorry, i woke up feeling like a bear today. i caught someone stealing electricity from the side of my house and it kind of set me off.
It's a good thing I don't have outdoor receptacles, because I'd probably do something pretty evil to any electronic devices leeching off my house.
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:19:13 PM

wot if it was bitcoin mining rig doing the leeching

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

wot if it was bitcoin mining rig doing the leeching

thats okay. as long as its not feathercoin or BBQcoin.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:42:04 PM

Where is smoothie to destroy this thread when u need him  Tongue Tongue

bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:45:14 PM

Where is smoothie to destroy this thread when u need him  Tongue Tongue

hopefully putting some beartrolls down elsewhere.  or maybe he's at the ATM release in san diego.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:46:06 PM

Every time the price goes up there's a 'how does it feel to sell at $80 when the price is $120' thread popping up.  Every time it goes down there's the same thread, but written with the numbers reversed and gloating on the other side.  It's rather boring.

Well said I've seen this not only here (maybe its more here) but in other forums for different commodities, its almost always that no side turns out to be right, for example it bounces up into a bullrun right after permanent bears declare flawless victory  Cheesy

bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:58:55 PM

Every time the price goes up there's a 'how does it feel to sell at $80 when the price is $120' thread popping up.  Every time it goes down there's the same thread, but written with the numbers reversed and gloating on the other side.  It's rather boring.

Well said I've seen this not only here (maybe its more here) but in other forums for different commodities, its almost always that no side turns out to be right, for example it bounces up into a bullrun right after permanent bears declare flawless victory  Cheesy

i don't really mind all that, it's the FUD and sometimes blatant lies that some people around here pull out of thin air that pisses me off. For example the Claims going around this morning that Jeff Berwick was a manipulator that ran off with everyones money with an ATM that never existed, when truth turns out the guy just parted ways with the company and the ATM was actually debuted today.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:14:35 PM

So why did you want to make this post 2 months ago?
Shouldn't you have wanted to post 'bitcoin is going to the moon' so you could then sell at the top of the bubble?
You were a bear at $40? Seriously?

No I was a long term investor at $40.  I became a bear after March 17th when Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Argentina etc. starting dumping money in and the price started to skyrocket.  After about $150 is when I really started itching to sell.  I dumped 20% at $103 just in case it was a short term bubble.  I sold the Tue night before the Wed crash based on the highest ever volatility and price moving sideways.  That three day run up Mon-Wed was just too much for me.  I was convinced it was over.
Do you use an indicator for that? I am curious.
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:38:17 AM

Just sent another wire to mtgox. But I afraid I missed today's opportunity of buying at $90s Sad

I'll appreciate if you guys panic a few days more.

You say that bitcoin is dead and obsolete, but don't worry - I'll always buy this junk from you just to add it to my collection.

So with the Bitcoin ATM now being a total scam and lie based on my link at the top of this thread what are your fundamentals for thinking it is worth more than $50 right now?

Bitcoin ATM has next to zero importance for Bitcoin's value. They are neat -- nothing more.

Dude, think global -- how in hell would a few ATMs in the US have any real impact on a global, decentralised internet currency?

bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:23:56 AM

Just sent another wire to mtgox. But I afraid I missed today's opportunity of buying at $90s Sad

I'll appreciate if you guys panic a few days more.

You say that bitcoin is dead and obsolete, but don't worry - I'll always buy this junk from you just to add it to my collection.

So with the Bitcoin ATM now being a total scam and lie based on my link at the top of this thread what are your fundamentals for thinking it is worth more than $50 right now?

Bitcoin ATM has next to zero importance for Bitcoin's value. They are neat -- nothing more.

Dude, think global -- how in hell would a few ATMs in the US have any real impact on a global, decentralised internet currency?

i wish i had an bitcoin ATM nearby,  i'd be pumping that thing full of fiat in the next couple days when we hit bottom.  i'm sure many others would too if they had them.  It would make it so much easier to convert fiat to BTC.   that would be a real impact on global decentralized internet currency.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: