Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:16:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To all the bears with reason, a big pat on the back.  (Read 3509 times)
Wuji (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:28:25 PM

Many of you who weren't trolls or spreading fear tried to bring reason and logic to the table.  You took heavy assault from the mob with their persuasive arguments such as "You are an idiot, moron, retard, etc.".  I know many here tried to calm the irrational exuberance and bring logic and reason to look for fundamentals.  You are true heros to take such abuse to stand up for what you believe.  The greatest men of all time who affected changed are those who went against the grain.  Anyone can be a sheep and join the flock.  I've been waiting a couple months to make this post and just thank you all for standing up for what you believe in.  Real change in this world does not come from being a follower.   Followers are seldom those who come out on top.  It takes a brave man to take an onslaught of abuse and continue to pursue their ideals in the face of an abundance of logical fallacies.

if you think the price will continue to rise you should read the news today -

http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2013/5/2/my-official-withdrawal-from-the-bitcoinatm-project.html
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:29:33 PM

better sell all of your coins tomorrow they will be worht 50% today price Cheesy
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:30:44 PM

better sell all of your coins tomorrow they will be worht 50% today price Cheesy

I sold all mine at $230, bought them all before $14.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:32:50 PM

Every time the price goes up there's a 'how does it feel to sell at $80 when the price is $120' thread popping up.  Every time it goes down there's the same thread, but written with the numbers reversed and gloating on the other side.  It's rather boring.
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:37:32 PM

Every time the price goes up there's a 'how does it feel to sell at $80 when the price is $120' thread popping up.  Every time it goes down there's the same thread, but written with the numbers reversed and gloating on the other side.  It's rather boring.

The last one I responded to the price was like $160 and I replied it felt wonderful to sell at $103 for 1000% profit.  It felt even better to sell that last 80% I had at $230.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:38:13 PM

Many of you who weren't trolls or spreading fear tried to bring reason and logic to the table.  You took heavy assault from the mob with their persuasive arguments such as "You are an idiot, moron, retard, etc.".  I know many here tried to calm the irrational exuberance and bring logic and reason to look for fundamentals.  You are true heros to take such abuse to stand up for what you believe.  The greatest men of all time who affected changed are those who went against the grain.  Anyone can be a sheep and join the flock.  I've been waiting a couple months to make this post and just thank you all for standing up for what you believe in.  Real change in this world does not come from being a follower.   Followers are seldom those who come out on top.  It takes a brave man to take an onslaught of abuse and continue to pursue their ideals in the face of an abundance of logical fallacies.

http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2013/5/2/my-official-withdrawal-from-the-bitcoinatm-project.html

A couple of months ago? When bitcoin was $40? You wanted to post this when bitcoin was $40?
So you sold your Bitcoins when bitcoin was $40?
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:45:35 PM

A couple of months ago? When bitcoin was $40? You wanted to post this when bitcoin was $40?
So you sold your Bitcoins when bitcoin was $40?
I have waited a couple of months to make this post and been watching bears getting heavily attacked for years but more sore since February.

No I never sold a coin until (20% at $103 and 80% at $230) I had been buying for several years up until they got to $14.  Do I need to go drag up the thread the Tuesday night when I sold.  I posted 30 minutes before the $266 high that I sold my last 80% where I pointed out the volatility and crash?
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:48:21 PM

No pat on the back until Single Digits.

I was promised Single Digits!
dancupid

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:49:18 PM

So why did you want to make this post 2 months ago?
Shouldn't you have wanted to post 'bitcoin is going to the moon' so you could then sell at the top of the bubble?
You were a bear at $40? Seriously?
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:49:36 PM

No pat on the back until Single Digits.

I was promised Single Digits!

I said bears with reason.  I called Proudhon a troll and a week or two later he admitted it.  I never nor did any reasonable bear claim single digits bud.
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:51:16 PM

Shouldn't you have wanted to post 'bitcoin is going to the moon' so you could then sell at the top of the bubble?

No I was a long term investor at $40.  I became a bear after March 17th when Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Argentina etc. starting dumping money in and the price started to skyrocket.  After about $150 is when I really started itching to sell.  I dumped 20% at $103 just in case it was a short term bubble.  I sold the Tue night before the Wed crash based on the highest ever volatility and price moving sideways.  That three day run up Mon-Wed was just too much for me.  I was convinced it was over.

I wanted to make it two months ago because bears asked for fundamentals and rather than get any I got attacked and speculation.  I saw bears getting attacked for months and did say that they were doing the right thing speaking their beliefs.  People said they were trying to spread FUD and buy cheap coins which was a sad attack.  I think anyone bringing logic to the table deserves to be defended.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:53:22 PM

Just sent another wire to mtgox. But I afraid I missed today's opportunity of buying at $90s Sad

I'll appreciate if you guys panic a few days more.

You say that bitcoin is dead and obsolete, but don't worry - I'll always buy this junk from you just to add it to my collection.
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:54:47 PM

Just sent another wire to mtgox. But I afraid I missed today's opportunity of buying at $90s Sad

You say that bitcoin is dead and obsolete, but don't worry - I'll always buy this junk from you just to add it to my collection.

So with the Bitcoin ATM now being a total scam and lie based on my link at the top of this thread what are your fundamentals for thinking it is worth more than $50 right now?
dancupid

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:56:09 PM

No I was a long term investor at $40.  I became a bear after March 17th when Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Argentina etc. starting dumping money in and the price started to skyrocket.  After about $150 is when I really started itching to sell.  I dumped 20% at $103 just in case it was a short term bubble.  I sold the Tue night before the Wed crash based on the highest ever volatility and price moving sideways.  That three day run up Mon-Wed was just too much for me.  I was convinced it was over.

I wanted to make it two months ago because like other bears I asked for fundamentals and rather than get any I got attacked and speculation.  I saw bears getting attacked for months and did say that they were doing the right thing speaking their beliefs.

Well yes it was pretty obvious - but presumably you can see that someone is only a bear after they sell.
Anyone who invests at any point in anything is a bull until they sell.
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:57:48 PM

If you are not calling SD, I don't believe you can call yourself a real bear. There's nothing brave about saying bitcoin will go down by even 50%: at this point, large swings up or down are the norm.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:58:07 PM

Yea where is Smoothie  Huh , Here's for the bull troll:

"how does it feel to buy at $125 when the price is $95"

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:58:49 PM

I wanted to make it two months ago because like other bears I asked for fundamentals and rather than get any I got attacked and speculation.  I saw bears getting attacked for months and did say that they were doing the right thing speaking their beliefs.

Well yes it was pretty obvious - but presumably you can see that someone is only a bear after they sell.

There are long term bears and long term bulls.  Short term bears and short terms bulls  I do not see it in black in white as most here seem to.  People like to try and pin down things, it is human nature.  The more the price goes up the bearish I become.  The less real fundamentals I see the more bearish I am.  I can be somewhat bullish at $50 with no fundamentals when I see irrational exuberance pushing up price.  Even though I know it is over valued I realize the herd does not yet and therefore there is more money on the table for me so I stay bullish till I see massive volatility.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:59:28 PM

So with the Bitcoin ATM now being a total scam and lie based on my link at the top of this thread what are your fundamentals for thinking it is worth more than $50 right now?

I'm bearish now and looking forward to cheaper prices, but the BitcoinATM article is about the guy leaving/him complaining about being fired more or less. BitcoinATM could work, nothing scam about it yet. He wasn't the company, he was just brought on a couple months ago as a marketing guy.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:00:49 PM

Who cares. I always knew that btc ATM is hoax because it violates too much regulations in every country. It was stupid idea from the beginning. The same way you may develop silkroad ATM to withdraw coke Smiley
I think fractional reserve banking is much more significant scam. I lose $700K stolen from my bank account from government. I trust in bitcoin because I know it CANNOT BE CONFISCATED. This is the point.
dancupid

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:02:13 PM

I wanted to make it two months ago because like other bears I asked for fundamentals and rather than get any I got attacked and speculation.  I saw bears getting attacked for months and did say that they were doing the right thing speaking their beliefs.

There are long term bears and long term bulls.  Short term bears and short terms bulls  I do not see it in black in white as most here seem to.  People like to try and pin down things, it is human nature.  The more the price goes up the bearish I become.  The less real fundamentals I see the more bearish I am.  I can be somewhat bullish at $50 with no fundamentals when I see irrational exuberance pushing up price.  Even though I know it is over valued I realize the heard does not yet and therefore there is more money on the table for me so I stay bullish till I see massive volatility.

Makes sense - glad you succeeded. You think there is a price when you turn bullish?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: