Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:12:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux: Lymphoma  (Read 5015 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:11:02 PM

oh! i know a method that can achieve this! its called "a gun to the head"-method, and it work incredible when there is no one that restricts the usage of guns.

you really dont think in the absence of government that people would purchase protection against this sort of thing? i mean people pay for cable tv and you dont think they would be willing to pay someone to protect them from being shot in the head?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 03:12:09 PM

you cant "take out" your competition in a free market. It will be instantly replaced by new competition. The only way you can "take out" the competition is if you can keep out new competition. There is no mechanism that i am aware of for doing this other than the state.
oh! i know a method that can achieve this! its called "a gun to the head"-method, and it work incredible when there is no one that restricts the usage of guns.
Haven't thought that one through, have you?
there is less gun violence here in the stupid and evil state of Denmark. I have less chance of getting shot then you.
A lower chance of getting shot just increases the chances you will be assaulted with another weapon. Such as a knife. Or a bat.
And you still haven't answered my question.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:16:43 PM

you cant "take out" your competition in a free market. It will be instantly replaced by new competition. The only way you can "take out" the competition is if you can keep out new competition. There is no mechanism that i am aware of for doing this other than the state.
Haven't thought that one through, have you?
there is less gun violence here in the stupid and evil state of Denmark. I have less chance of getting shot then you.
A lower chance of getting shot just increases the chances you will be assaulted with another weapon. Such as a knife. Or a bat.
proof please.

yes, i have thought it through.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 03:25:14 PM

proof please.

Here you go.

Evidently not, if you think that no restrictions on guns means that pulling a gun to enforce your opinion will work better, rather than worse.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:26:42 PM

proof please.

Here you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Guns,_Less_Crime#Opposition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lott#Disputed_survey

just saying...

Evidently not, if you think that no restrictions on guns means that pulling a gun to enforce your opinion will work better, rather than worse.
it always works in the movies... Tongue

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:30:32 PM

How well when both sides have guns?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:32:50 PM

How well when both sides have guns?
good too, but in the movies its always the good guys that wins. in reality i would say that its 50/50, which sucks.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:40:04 PM

good too, but in the movies its always the good guys that wins. in reality i would say that its 50/50, which sucks.

OK, let's take that assumption. In an armed conflict, the good guys win half the time, the bad guys win the other half. Do you think that there are more bad guys, or good?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:42:33 PM

OK, let's take that assumption. In an armed conflict, the good guys win half the time, the bad guys win the other half. Do you think that there are more bad guys, or good?
mostly egotistic idiots.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:48:47 PM

mostly egotistic idiots.
Do you think that there are more bad guys, or good?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:54:28 PM

mostly egotistic idiots.
most bad.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:57:59 PM

mostly egotistic idiots.
most bad.
Then how can you support the state, given how likely it is that "bad" people will gain positions of power, and oppress the "good" minority?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:01:29 PM

mostly egotistic idiots.
most bad.
Then how can you support the state, given how likely it is that "bad" people will gain positions of power, and oppress the "good" minority?
democracy.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 05:08:34 PM

democracy.
So, you want to guarantee that the "bad" majority will oppress the "good" minority?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

democracy.
So, you want to guarantee that the "bad" majority will oppress the "good" minority?
can't beat them, join them.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 05:21:38 PM

democracy.
In other words, you include yourself in that "bad" majority.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:23:55 PM

democracy.
and it would then be "good".

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 05:25:33 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 05:48:12 PM by myrkul

democracy.
Roll Eyes

So now you're part of the "good" majority. Since most people are "good," and the odds of winning a fight are equal between the "good" and "bad," What problem do you have with arming everyone?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:27:11 PM

democracy.
Roll Eyes

So now you're part of the "good" majority. Since most people are "good," and the odds of winning a fight are equal between the "good" and "bad," What problem do you have with arming everyone?
i don't like bad people to have guns, they are much harder to kill if they have them.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:32:00 PM

democracy.
Roll Eyes

i don't like bad people to have guns, they are much harder to kill if they have them.
True, but so are good people, and bad people tend to get guns regardless of laws against them.

Since bad people are going to be armed, anyway, don't you think the good guys should be, too?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: