Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:01:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: *update client [ANN] BitBar New POW-POS scrypt CryptoCoin  (Read 60288 times)
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 11:10:12 PM

From first page.
This thing is being pre-mined right now, you are one of the pre-miners.

Blocks seem to be coming in every second or so, it is in pre-mining mode, difficulty deliberately started ridiculously low so the the author could start mining a block a second or more while you set up your mining then you mine a block a second or more while preparing to post and so on.

It looks like no attempt at all was made to set the initial difficulty at a reasonable level, instead the whole thing is designed specifically, like mincoin, for pre-mining.

How fast are blocks being found, and what is the command people need to use with e.g. cgminer to make it not expect at least a minute between blocks? (As otherwise no wonder everyone finds only stales, sixty blocks have gone by by the time they check for new work.)

This is basically deliberately designed as a pre-mining scam.

-MarkM-

Please people stop wasting time on these scam coins.
skyangel

Activity: 301
Merit: 260

FLO dev

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:10:58 PM

It's in the miner. We're at 46k right now.

Another 'It's not premined' coin that has 3 people mine the first 4k blocks and then is designed for skyrocketing difficulty so that it is 'publicly launched' but in essence the exact same thing as premining. It's a sad week for crypto currency.
I don't think anyone's expecting bitbar to take off anyway. CHNCoin maybe. Bitbar not a chance.

0.7 actually, send the rpc command getinfo() to see it

[difficulty] => 0.70151682
Where is my miner pulling 46k from from?  Huh Huh

0.7 * 65536

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:16:02 PM

These announces are made with the finger on the mining trigger after weeks/months of careful preparation. Their goal is not to publicize the new coin, but just to show later to everyone that they were not "premined". Off course, bitcoin was announced months before launching, but probably they consider people that make those serious announces as suckers.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:18:01 PM

I'm solo mining via pushpoold... getting decent returns (I'd think...if this is anything like mincoin... about 93 BTB over the past 30-45min...I have about 20,000 KH on it)...
Are you really don't realize how is it funny? It's positioned as not premined while mining at 20mhps.

I think that you must destroy your coins, like I did. Otherwise it will be a pure scam, more scammy than MMMCoin with 10 trillion premined.

I have only one 7950 @ 600khps, for example. Compare it with your 20mhps.

Did you really think that public mining @ 600khps is a premine? Then compare this with 20mhps %)
ictin

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:19:08 PM

I don't think anyone's expecting bitbar to take off anyway. CHNCoin maybe. Bitbar not a chance.

This makes me wonder. Why are people jump in coins that are 100% clones of litecoin but when a coin with something different is announced nobody is giving it any chance? Why this fascinations with litecoin clones? Like feathercoin and this shady chinese coin.

northcape

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:24:54 PM

This makes me wonder. Why are people jump in coins that are 100% clones of litecoin but when a coin with something different is announced nobody is giving it any chance? Why this fascinations with litecoin clones? Like feathercoin and this shady chinese coin.

It’s pretty simple, everybody hopes to be part of the "next big thing" like BTC. If you have mined a few thousand LTC at launch and held them until now, you’re already pretty well off.
That’s why everybody jumps on the train now whenever any new and shady clone currency with changed variables is announced here on the forums. Fascinating to watch, although I feel sorry for the people that will be left holding the bags when the altcoins inevitably crumble to pieces.

Take Feathercoin as an example, 1:1 LTC clone with tweaked parameters, shady launch with far too low difficulty just like this one, yet it has 7478 BTC trading volume on BTC-e at the time of writing. That’s $815000 out of thin air. The "copypaste-devs" are probably laughing all the way to the bank now. Crazy.

I’m sure the FTC devs discretely sent a couple thousand to btc-e to get them to accept their joke currency.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:25:58 PM

I'm solo mining via pushpoold... getting decent returns (I'd think...if this is anything like mincoin... about 93 BTB over the past 30-45min...I have about 20,000 KH on it)...
Did you really don't realize how is it funny? You claimed no premine while mining at 20mhps Shocked

I think that you must destroy your coins, like I did. Otherwise it will be a pure scam, more scammy than MMMCoin with 10 trillion premined.

Did you really think that public mining @ 600khps is a premine? Then compare this with 20mhps %)

Feathercoin, Bitbar, Mincoin, Smallchange and Chinacoin. ALL Premined! And by that I mean that the 'public release' was timed with MASSIVE mining efforts and DDOS strikes against early pools, all to benefit the developers/contractors behind the coin and scam miners out of $$.

Fucking pathetic, and I hope every single altcoin goes down in flames.
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:27:23 PM

How is it not obvious that the arrival of ASIC's has left a TON of old GPU miners wondering how to scam people out of money. The answer: Launch alt coins on Scrypt, pump the value and dump them. EVERY Scrypt clone is 100% scam and premined. NO exceptions.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:27:31 PM

Did you really don't realize how is it funny? You claimed no premine while mining at 20mhps Shocked

Feathercoin, Bitbar, Mincoin, Smallchange and Chinacoin. ALL Premined! And by that I mean that the 'public release' was timed with MASSIVE mining efforts and DDOS strikes against early pools, all to benefit the developers/contractors behind the coin and scam miners out of $$.

Even IF pools are DDoS, people can just solo mine it, and they did. It took me all of 60 seconds today from seeing the bitbar announce post to start solo mining. When I started solo mining bitbar, the client was on block 19. I don't buy the pre-mine accusation.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:29:57 PM

Even IF pools are DDoS, people can just solo mine it, and they did. It took me all of 60 seconds today from seeing the bitbar announce post to start solo mining. When I started solo mining bitbar, the client was on block 19. I don't buy the pre-mine accusation.

Dumbest argument ever. 'It's not premine, it's totally public. Well, of course the fact that 10 people are mining with an average of 50 x the average high end mining rig power during insanely easy block solve.. eh...'
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:33:20 PM

Dumbest argument ever. 'It's not premine, it's totally public. Well, of course the fact that 10 people are mining with an average of 50 x the average high end mining rig power during insanely easy block solve.. eh...'

That's how every coin gets started, Bitcoin included, it starts with 10 or so people, then grows. Bitcoin was mined for a long time by 10 or so people, before it had more. Though I can say with certainty that bitbar had more than 10 people mining it after just 10 minutes or so.

spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:33:58 PM

I think that's what's already happening, no need to pay anyone D:

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:40:47 PM

That's how every coin gets started, Bitcoin included, it starts with 10 or so people, then grows. Bitcoin was mined for a long time by 10 or so people, before it had more.

You have no clue. Now go and join mr_random and other pathetic profit oriented retards in your crusade to increase the value of your newly acquired coins.

No you have no clue, why does Bitcoin have so much value? that's right because it was the first mover, if Bitcoin was released today, it would have nearly zero value and be bashed by you. The cryptocoin market can only support so many coins, all these coins being released recently, many of them will be the "first movers" of the cryptocoin markets, in a while new coins will not cause excitement any more, and the "first movers" are the ones  with value, like Bitcoin.

Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:42:12 PM

How is it not obvious that the arrival of ASIC's has left a TON of old GPU miners wondering how to scam people out of money. The answer: Launch alt coins on Scrypt, pump the value and dump them. EVERY Scrypt clone is 100% scam and premined. NO exceptions.

Your point? As long as people are dumb enough to buy them, who cares?

I love being one of the preminers. I made a total of about $500 in the last week from FeatherCoin and ChinaCoin, with only 250kh/s.

If people want to keep releasing these obvious scams, let them. I don't mind as long as I profit off them as well.
ElBurro

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:42:33 PM

That's how every coin gets started, Bitcoin included, it starts with 10 or so people, then grows. Bitcoin was mined for a long time by 10 or so people, before it had more.

You have no clue. Now go and join mr_random and other pathetic profit oriented retards in your crusade to increase the value of your newly acquired coins.

If you're not a profit oriented retard why are you here? To make the world a better place?
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:43:15 PM

That's how every coin gets started, Bitcoin included, it starts with 10 or so people, then grows. Bitcoin was mined for a long time by 10 or so people, before it had more. Though I can say with certainty that bitbar had more than 10 people mining it after just 10 minutes or so.

Sometimes I wonder if people are intentionally daft or if it just comes naturally. How stupid can you get that you launch a new 'ASIC Proof coin' with 'fast retargeting' and 'lots of new features that makes it impossible to pre-mine'.

Then you set diff ultra low, and throw several 20MH/s clusters at it and go 'it's not premined, it's ultra rare' and 10 minutes later people are selling them by the 100s in the altcoin forum.

Some people are so brazenly fucking retarded and greedy they should just be ashamed of themselves, and so should their family.
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:43:42 PM

If you're not a profit oriented retard why are you here? To make the world a better place?

Who let you out of the newbie forum? go back. Please.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:45:23 PM

Bitcoin was and still is the one and only mover. All other cryptocoins are more or less pathetic copies of it. None of them added anything significant over Bitcoin.

LTC has already proven you wrong, with significant hash power and market cap, tons of services for it. LTC has done the job of proving that alt coins are viable and has its uses.

TheSwede75

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:48:09 PM

When you say 'people' you really mean 'people with 50 mh/s or more GPU mining farms' right.. and even though you prob DO know this: That makes it technically impossible for someone on say 300kh/s to ever complete a block that is not invalid. So.. again. How is this not premine?
thaile4ever

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:48:32 PM

The term Pre-mined does really fit the definition of what happened here though. Since the mining didn't start till after the surprised announcement.

I put to motion we used the new term Prep-Mined instead.   Since everyone involved in the release of the coin was prepared to mine it once the post was made and that the coin was Prepared to be easy to mine at the start to benefit them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: