Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Small fortune, now which country ?  (Read 9125 times)
northstarh

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:12:04 AM

Philippines.

Get a beach house, or live in the city, or get a few acres of land ... Put a wall around it. Hire security or bodyguards.
When you have kids, hire a nanny for each. Send them to private schools.
Cash out in 2 or 3 major exchanges, or make it a daily routine to sell to locals.

But, don't do drugs.

A relatively large 3 to 5 bedroom, 2 or 3 car garage home, with a swimming pool, in a gated community will set you back about 10 to 20 million pesos, or 200k USD to 400k USD.

*edit* at 53, expect to live to maybe 83 ? so that's 30 years. You better have at least 1000 BTC (at today's prices) if you want to be comfortable without too much additional work. Get a token job for income tax purposes, but usually the government will leave you alone if you blend in.

That's 3 BTC per month for 30 years, more or less. Don't exceed that budget. You wouldn't unless you do something stupid. Just be smart about it. As a foreigner, you might spend more on local food (coconuts?) but just tip the waiters an extra 10~15% and you will get excellent service most of the time.

All gas stations are full-service, by the way. You can't gas the car yourself, they won't let you. Hire a chauffeur / driver for $300 USD per month. Double that amount if he acts as armed bodyguard.

Guys, i made a small fortune in altcoin/bitcoin. In which country should i settle ?
I have no wife, no kids, just a girlfriend, i´m free to go wherever i want (she´ll go with me).
But it has to be a bitcoin-friendly country.
I have no intention to buy lambos, just a peaceful life.
Thanks.

I was surprised when you read your post, it seems you have not read the news recently. The philippines are being persecuted by extremists, and it is currently considered a very dangerous country. To my surprise, an employee of this forum gave me the wrong advice. Criticism, but you need to regularly check the news.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:13:30 AM

Guys, i made a small fortune in altcoin/bitcoin. In which country should i settle ?
I have no wife, no kids, just a girlfriend, i´m free to go wherever i want (she´ll go with me).
Thanks.

Oh, and my age is 53, that makes a difference too.
Choose Philippines as it's bitcoin friendly country and cost of living here isn't expensive thus it's good to live here if you're pensioned.

xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:17:19 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 12:20:10 PM by xskl0

In Spain people with foreign money can have a good standard of live. The level of english is one of the worst of Europe, nobody of your age will know any word of englsih and young people will be able to speak some. You will not be able to pay anything directly with bitcóines, only there is la calle bitcoin in Madrid but there are some cajeros bitcoin (arround 7000) https://www.groupbtc.com/es/cajeros. Considerate Catalonia

I can learn spanish ?  But its Europe, they will need money. Mine ?

I wanted to say that people with foreign money usually can have a good standard of live.
You can learn spanish, catalan or even basque, why not?

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:20:25 AM

Thanks.

You can set your peace life in Japan where it is a beautiful country and a lot of beautiful women too and i think you can find you potential wife there and it is also bitcoin friendly because there government already accept bitcoin for the stores there and also a lot shops there accepted bitcoin so it will be easy for you to settle your life there.
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:31:37 AM

I suggest brazil is better for enjoyable & peaceful.
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:31:45 AM

Thanks.

Choose Philippines as it's bitcoin friendly country and cost of living here isn't expensive thus it's good to live here if you're pensioned.

Philippines.

Get a beach house, or live in the city, or get a few acres of land ... Put a wall around it. Hire security or bodyguards.
Cash out in 2 or 3 major exchanges, or make it a daily routine to sell to locals.

But, don't do drugs.

A relatively large 3 to 5 bedroom, 2 or 3 car garage home, with a swimming pool, in a gated community will set you back about 10 to 20 million pesos, or 200k USD to 400k USD.

*edit* at 53, expect to live to maybe 83 ? so that's 30 years. You better have at least 1000 BTC (at today's prices) if you want to be comfortable without too much additional work. Get a token job for income tax purposes, but usually the government will leave you alone if you blend in.

That's 3 BTC per month for 30 years, more or less. Don't exceed that budget. You wouldn't unless you do something stupid. Just be smart about it. As a foreigner, you might spend more on local food (coconuts?) but just tip the waiters an extra 10~15% and you will get excellent service most of the time.

All gas stations are full-service, by the way. You can't gas the car yourself, they won't let you. Hire a chauffeur / driver for $300 USD per month. Double that amount if he acts as armed bodyguard.

Thanks.

It may be a bitcoin friendly place, and it costs cheap, but you need to pay attention to the safety of this place, in fact, this country is going to war, they are being terrorized by the IS. This is a bad thing for a country, but they are facing. So, this place is no longer a good choice, think carefully. Please think it again!

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

pfrtlpfmpf (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:32:43 AM

Thanks.

You can set your peace life in Japan where it is a beautiful country and a lot of beautiful women too and i think you can find you potential wife there and it is also bitcoin friendly because there government already accept bitcoin for the stores there and also a lot shops there accepted bitcoin so it will be easy for you to settle your life there.

I have my potential wife already, thanks. But after Bhutan i´ll look into Japan as well, but learning japanese wasn´t really on (or Bhutanese) the top of my list !
But well, you have to adapt somehow  Smiley

pfrtlpfmpf (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:38:57 AM

Thanks.

Philippines.

But, don't do drugs.

Thanks.

It may be a bitcoin friendly place, and it costs cheap, but you need to pay attention to the safety of this place, in fact, this country is going to war, they are being terrorized by the IS. This is a bad thing for a country, but they are facing. So, this place is no longer a good choice, think carefully. Please think it again!

Thats why i want to stay out of the way. Thats why i´m in Southeast-Asia ! You´re so right !

posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:46:37 PM

Thanks.

Well first you should tell us how much you made in Bitcoin/ altcoins that you are willing to leave your country ? Secondly why cant you stay in your own country and enjoy the peaceful life there ? If converting bitcoin into fiat is a problem in your country, you can find many online conversions which can give you USD from bitcoins and then to can convert USD into your local currency.
Takuul

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:15:47 PM

There are plenty of factors to consider, not it being friendly to bitcoin is just one. The weather, location, government and people. How foreigners are viewed etc.... if I had to pick I'll choose Canada, Australia and maybe Sweden or Norway if was able to obtain residence there.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:32:51 PM

Philippines.

But, don't do drugs.

Thanks.

I was surprised when you read your post, it seems you have not read the news recently. The philippines are being persecuted by extremists, and it is currently considered a very dangerous country. To my surprise, an employee of this forum gave me the wrong advice. Criticism, but you need to regularly check the news.

Because Dabs is from the Philippines that's why he recommend his country. Have you been in the Philippines before? Muslim extremist are far from the Metropolis of the Philippines. The recent news of some Isis wannabee will end soon plus Philippines has a lot of beautiful places and friendly people and bitcoin friendly country. You generalized the country without seeing it first hand. Even some Japanese retiree settled in the Philippines and lived a peaceful life.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:01:17 PM

I guess you don't know who I am. Everyone who replied about this country lives there. I live there.

It's not as dangerous as it is portrayed in international news, but you still have to be careful. You also never have to learn Tagalog (although it would also be wise to learn a local language), everyone speaks English.

It's not "wrong" it's just different. There's at least one bitcoin forum member who is a real life USD millionaire who lives in the Philippines. The developer of 8chan lives in the Philippines. There are dozens of villages or communities of high net worth individuals living here. The world's biggest shopping malls are here; the "Mall of Asia" is bigger than the "Mall of America".

We have cable TV, HBO, Cinemax. Movies are shown at the same time or date as that in the US. It's $2 USD per movie anywhere, $5~8 for 3D IMAX if that's your thing.

World famous Boracay beach is here; there are literally dozens of "undiscovered" paradise islands and beaches here.

You can hire a maid for $100 USD per month; get two. You can hire a uniformed security guard who does nothing but open your door and your gate when you get home for $300 a month.

Again, on 2 to 3 BTC per month, you're pretty much living like a king. (Depends on what you really want to do.)

As for politics, well, my family is known by the current President, so I don't have to worry about anything for the next 5 years. Fringe benefits. (Not to mention I am in the military, so both police and military leave me alone.)

Negatives: horrible traffic, hot weather, political instability, volcanic eruptions, floods, storms, tropical typhoons, ... the list goes on. But overall, we like it here.

Note: I am not an employee of this forum. I'm just a moderator. I don't consider being paid $20 USD a month for part time work as being "employed".

pfrtlpfmpf (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:15:46 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 04:50:30 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

Philippines ? Off my list ! Sounds like Thailand, multiplied by three ! I wanted peace, remember ?

TrissMerigold

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitrated user: Olysikes1. Authenticate

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 04:20:29 PM

damn man .. i suggest you to go on puerto rico haha .. there are so many beach on there and i heard on capita; city many shops and restaurant already accepting bitcoin as a payment , great for relaxing and live your old life , by the way why didnt get married ? get a jobs also a good idea if you spent your whole life on adventure Huh ... i wish you best of luck sir .. bless you

Eternu

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:20:29 PM

Thanks.

Well you can come to Serbia Cheesy . It is not best bitcoin friendly country, that is true, but if you turn some of that bitcoins in to cash... Well you could live happy life here. For people who have money this country is really good, i do not speak from experience xD. Second choice could be  Japan, heard they accepted bitcoin as legal currency Cheesy .
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:22:17 PM

No problem. Was just a suggestion.

I've been to Japan, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, United States, Canada. My siblings and parents have been to Europe (Spain, Italy, Vatican City), Russia, Thailand, Singapore. And probably some other places I don't recall at the moment.

How much is your small fortune anyway?

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:33:44 PM

One single country? Why settling down?

How about several places in several different countries? The problem with settling down is that you will need to get some permanent residency visa, which often means tax obligations, proof of income and various legal requirements. If you're a perpetual traveler like me, you don't pay tax anywhere.

How much can you spend on property? What kind of weather do you wish? Regarding cost of living, how much can you spend a month? Do you want to drive a big car? Do you play golf? Do you want to be on the seaside? There are so many things to consider...

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
pfrtlpfmpf (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:08:34 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 05:20:40 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

One single country? Why settling down?

How about several places in several different countries? The problem with settling down is that you will need to get some permanent residency visa, which often means tax obligations, proof of income and various legal requirements. If you're a perpetual traveler like me, you don't pay tax anywhere.

How much can you spend on property? What kind of weather do you wish? Regarding cost of living, how much can you spend a month? Do you want to drive a big car? Do you play golf? Do you want to be on the seaside? There are so many things to consider...

Yeah , thats my plan, never settle down, the whole world is my oyster, thank you for speaking it out, loud and clear ! (who plays golf anyway, except for not knowing, what to do anything else ? )
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:13:23 PM

what's your current citizenship? that's gonna have a huge bearing on your immediate choices. certain countries let you buy it, others will be impossible to own property in, others might not let you in at all for more than a few weeks.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:29:32 PM

The previous writers have had good points.

Peaceful, stabile countries:  Scandinavia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan.

Though the stability in Europe may get weak or even random, if the Asylum seekers etc. will continue their march to North. That may also cause some need for money, and soon the governments know that you have a fortune to share with Wink

About Canada I have heard a little bit similar rumours....

My situation is not so easy/straightforward as yours, but still also I have thought to change the country. I have always thought that New Zealand is the safiest country (in the case of nuclear wars, epidemics etc). I might consider it ... or Japan.

...hey ... there are vulcanos in the both countries Sad

*** restart plan B ***

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: