Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you view Altcoin charts in relative USD over time?  (Read 326 times)
dbc23 (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:00:24 AM

Topic kinda says it all.  With the recent meteoric rise in BTC pricing I'm finding I'm doing a lot of historic calculating to try to determine $ cost of coins 1 or 2 months ago compared to today.  Something that's 10K satoshi today might actually be priced HIGHER than itself when it was at 18K sats just a few months ago.

For trading purposes I want to try to compare my past relative performance on some coins but just using the charting (that I know of) doesn't provide an actual USD comparison, with the 100+% change in BTC value, it's a fair amount of guessing I've been doing on that front.

Thanks for any input.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:12:54 PM

i am not sure what you want to do exactly but i believe coinmarketcap can help you with that.
just go to the market of an altcoin like this: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/ and under the charts you can click on the "Market cap" and ""price (btc)"  to hide these two lines and have only the green line representing the "price(usd)" value.
this may not be the 100% accurate prices in USD you want since coinmarketcap takes an average price among many exchanges.

if you want something 100% accurate then you either need to get the prices of these altcoins directly in USD for example using BTC-E API to get the LTC/USD market data and then calculating your profit loss with some code or something.
and most altcoins don't even have a USD (generally fiat) markets and the value you see is based on bitcoin historical price and is not accurate at all for them.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: