Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:11:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I this wallet idea possible.  (Read 939 times)
bitthatcoin (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:49:47 AM

I have this idea , where bitcoins are sent from my website hot wallet to a user wallet hosted on my website , but the trick is that the user won't be able to withdraw their coins to external wallet only after 6 blockchain confirmations , I prefer the transaction could be verified on blockchain so the user can verify it , and I want the user to be able to see the coundown of left confirmation in his wallet , Is this hard as it seems , Is it possible or no , How much developping such system will cost me you think ,,,,Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:15:49 AM

Your idea is incoherent and contradicts itself a few times. Reformulate it clearly, using multiple sentences and a semblance of English punctuation and structure, and it might be possible to evaluate. Based on the language you're using for your website I may even be able to do it, but as it stands I cannot understand what exactly you want.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
nativehasher

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:48:28 AM

I think OP is trying to implement an online version of a regular wallet.

when you transfer coins within the users of your website on-chain (i.e. visible on the blockchain), you effectively waste any advantages of having a "centralized" or "trusted" hot wallet. Might as well run electrum.

golang, node.js and C++ developer.
BTC: 1NativecFuCN68n1rmHabkXRZnwuxpoJ4f
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 07:53:10 AM

I have this idea , where bitcoins are sent from my website hot wallet to a user wallet hosted on my website , but the trick is that the user won't be able to withdraw their coins to external wallet only after 6 blockchain confirmations , I prefer the transaction could be verified on blockchain so the user can verify it , and I want the user to be able to see the coundown of left confirmation in his wallet , Is this hard as it seems , Is it possible or no , How much developping such system will cost me you think ,,,,Thanks

You mean users wont be able to withdraw coins to other places until there are 6 blockchain confirmations? Every transaction happens on the blockchain in a normal wallet anyways, do you even know the technical details to your suggestion? Even web wallets like coinbase provides links to your transaction and shows you number of transactions. Why would a user trust you enough to use your service instead of the plethora of already existing and trusted web wallets, case in point Coinbase?

If you do not know how much any idea you want to implement costs, you do not have the capability to do it.

TLDR: Similar services already exists, why reinvent the wheel?

AikFrank

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrency Developer

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:25:57 AM

I can develop all these stated.

Contact me for your Cryptocurrency Development. Linux, Web, Windows, Mac, Android, and Electrum Wallets Can all be developed!
Gorgonio

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:01:24 PM

I cannot understand you Huh
algernonen

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:19:33 PM

please Reformulate it clearly I can't understand
bitthatcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:20:43 PM

Hello again and sorry for the delay

to clarify things I wiil say;

I want to developp an online user wallet  where
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 04:02:32 AM

You mean users wont be able to withdraw coins to other places until there are 6 blockchain confirmations? Every transaction happens on the blockchain in a normal wallet anyways, do you even know the technical details to your suggestion? Even web wallets like coinbase provides links to your transaction and shows you number of transactions. Why would a user trust you enough to use your service instead of the plethora of already existing and trusted web wallets, case in point Coinbase?

If you do not know how much any idea you want to implement costs, you do not have the capability to do it.

TLDR: Similar services already exists, why reinvent the wheel?
He would like to have a new innovation on which we cant find this features as of now but reading on the op's context i cant understand clearly on what he said. What about 6 confirmation? You cant stop anybody on withdrawing their funds as long its on their wallet and how to hold up transactions? Its impossible once it been transfered. Better not to bother yourself on thinking on this thing and just do make use on traditional wallets.
bitthatcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:23:41 AM

yes , you sound like you understand me correct.
it's a simple idea .
user sell something to me.
I send thr coins from the hot wallet to his user wallet ( a wallet that I make on my website) , the trick is he can see the bitcoins on his wallet but somehow hecan't withdraw them , this is kind of automatic escrow , so if his sold goods are defective admin can cancel the transaction as long as it still under X time or X blockchain confirmations.

-I know I can do this by just no sending the coins and just saying " X BTC on hold"
but I want user to verify that X ammount of BTC was Really sent To his wallet via blockchain .

I hope I made my idea clear .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: