Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:08:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open source mining blue print/instruction?  (Read 1508 times)
curiousone (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:24:08 PM

Hello, I am sure recently I came across a set of open source instructions on how to construct ASIC bitcoin mining equipment?  If anyone knows of such a thing, could they point me in the right direction?  I've tried searching without any joy Sad

Thanks
sharochka

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:30:03 PM

That's going to require some rather expensive hardware.

"Having an ASIC fabricated is a highly technical and expensive proposition, typically beginning at the low hundreds of thousands of dollars. That’s primarily because contractors—almost always overseas—charge high prices to operate facilities containing the complex equipment needed to carve chips out of silicon wafers. ASICs are etched from blocks of silicon with microscopic precision. Butterfly Labs says it has paid for chips with features as small as 65 nanometers; BTCFPGA and some others say they have opted for a cheaper 90-nanometer production process."

Building your own FPGA is feasible, but solder intensive: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44891
curiousone (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:01:48 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Anyone else aware of any DIY tutorials for building such miners?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: