Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Harvestcoin.com - [P2Pool] Bitcoin/Litecoin Easy-Mining Pool  (Read 18101 times)
furball (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:26:20 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 09:44:28 AM by furball

I am pleased to announce the launch of Harvest Coin, the P2Pool based pool mining system with all the following benefits :

• Mine Bitcoins, Litecoins or BOTH on the same system
  • Gain all the benefits of pooled mining to optimize your mining resources
  • No registration needed, just add your address and go!
  • DDOS resistant; due to the decentralised nature of the P2Pool, DDOS attacks become a thing of the past
  • Safe and secure payment mechanism with accountability across all the nodes of the network
  • Stratum mining protocol supported by default
  • Low fees compared to most other P2Pool providers

For beginners or for more information please see www.harvestcoin.com

If you would like to start mining at Harvest Coin right now, point your miners to :

http://mining.harvestcoin.com:9332     (Bitcoin mining; use your Bitcoin address as username)

http://mining.harvestcoin.com:9327     (Litecoin mining; use your Litecoin address as username)

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Kennji

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:31:27 AM

Looks good!!

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
furball (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:16:50 AM

Thanks Kennji! Hopefully people will find it useful!
cheesylard

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 12:33:50 AM

Threw 200Kh/s at it
furball (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:18:03 AM

Thanks so much cheesylard, appreciate it. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
cheesylard

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 04:58:25 PM

Thanks so much cheesylard, appreciate it. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
No problem. It's been working great so far.

I'm kind of new at this, but if I mine using your node using multiple workers with the same address, will the hashrate accumulate or will all but one of the workers be ignored?
robin0van0der0vliet

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 07:59:21 PM

Maybe you could add an API, so we can see how fast, and how many bitcoins/litecoins we already mined. Wink
furball (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:48:03 AM

I'm kind of new at this, but if I mine using your node using multiple workers with the same address, will the hashrate accumulate or will all but one of the workers be ignored?

Delighted to hear it is working well for you cheesylard, its a relief to hear!

You can definitely mine with multiple miners with the same address; it will be totaled up within the system...so if you have 2 miners running at 100mh, it will be counted as 200mh to that one address.

As your the first person to complement the pool, send me your address and I'll fire you through a small tip! ;-)

cheesylard

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 12:12:45 AM

Delighted to hear it is working well for you cheesylard, its a relief to hear!

You can definitely mine with multiple miners with the same address; it will be totaled up within the system...so if you have 2 miners running at 100mh, it will be counted as 200mh to that one address.

As your the first person to complement the pool, send me your address and I'll fire you through a small tip! ;-)

LMbDBgHdXc9tpp79kEPFUFQUezpXf24vzw
thanks! Cheesy
furball (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:25:25 AM

Just sent a small tip through to you...fraid it's not much, but just wanted to say thanks for the comments!
furball (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:38:24 PM

Harvestcoin has been updated to the latest version of both P2Pool and Bitcoin solving the latest issues with latency.

Now seeing low latency and high effiency of over 120%.

To mine Bitcoins connect your miner to :
http://mining.harvestcoin.com:9332 and use your Bitcoin address as username

To mine Litecoins connect your miner to :
http://mining.harvestcoin.com:9327 and use your Litecoin address as username

For more information see http://www.harvestcoin.com

Happy Mining!
furball (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:57:06 PM

Server has been upgraded to the latest version of Bitcoin and continuing to see low latency and high efficiency.

Please feel free to try it...instructions at the top of the post.
furball (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:59:35 AM

A big thanks to all the miners who are starting to use Harvest Coin for their pool!

In an effort to raise the income of miners I have increased the blockmaxsize setting to 1000000 to include more transactions in the block, so hopefully people will see a greater income for their hashrate. I am also tuning the mintxfee to keep latency low and improve efficiency.

If anybody has any comments or suggestions regarding the pool please do not hesitate to contact me.

To mine Bitcoins point your miners to :
http://mining.harvestcoin.com:9332

To mine Litecoins point your miners to :
http://mining.harvestcoin.com:9327

Stats for the pool and individual miners can be seen on those pages in a browser.
mepsipax

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:21:41 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 08:07:29 AM by mepsipax

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but after mining on your btc pool for two separate 8 hour shifts, I am not detected as mining on http://mining.harvestcoin.com:9332/.

Followed directions to mine carefully (have been mining successfully elsewhere bitcoins and litecoins) and used this guide http://www.harvestcoin.com/ which was straightforward.

Should I have installed P2Pool software before mining?

To add:  I get a reasonable hashrate, though the second time I mined, I received quite a lot of rejected shares - though a lot more accepted ones.  Otherwise, all looks well when mining, but as said previously, there is no sign of my miner on the p2pool btc.

Advice appreciated

TB2MDU-WEZH5M-ODG4FI-6TWSTO-VVLAKO-TVIZO7-4XCK
furball (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:08:46 AM

Thanks for getting in touch mepsipax, lets see if we can get you sorted. Can you answer a few questions below?

1: What BTC address are you using as your username?
2: Which miner are you using? cgminer/bfgminer etc
3: Are you using any options in your miner other than the basic setup as described on harvestcoin.com? If so, please include them.
4: What sort of hash rate are you expecting to see?
5: What sort of internet connection are you using?

Hopefully it's something very minor and we can get you mining quickly.

Cheers!

F.
mepsipax

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:23:42 AM

Hi 

My BTC address I am using is - 1ATvkkwAHAT6ceFpi2z27UEFe5DPMQ2VxC

I am using cgminer

Additional options in cgminer - thread-concurrency 8192  --no-submit-stale --intensity 13 --worksize 256 -g 2 --auto-fan

My hash rate isn't that great atm, due to the warm weather, and my wanting to keep temps down on my 7970 Dual-x  (until I sort out additional cooling), so I am using default settings, not overclocked, and getting about 480khz which is about right I think.

I am with Virgin Media UK broadband 120mb wired ethernet

Many thanks

furball (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:54:33 AM

Hi there,

Yes, so you're spot on that you're not getting registered with the server. P2Pool can be quite picky when it comes to miner config so can you try running your miner with the following setup? (I've added your address in here so you can just copy and paste the whole thing)

cgminer -o http://mining.harvestcoin.com:9332 -u 1ATvkkwAHAT6ceFpi2z27UEFe5DPMQ2VxC -p 123qwe -Q 0 -g 1 --intensity d --gpu-dyninterval 50 --auto-fan

Also, did you mean Mhz rather than Khz? Mining with BTC tends to be measured in Mhz whereas LTC and others are measured in Khz.

F.
mepsipax

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:14:28 AM

Hi 

Oops yes I meant mhz not khz  Smiley

Ok I transferred your settings to cgminer, but now I get 'Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0'

then - 'Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this'

'Press enter to continue'

Once I press enter, I then get lots of 'stratum from pool 0 requested work restart' messages.

I appear to be connected, but not mining, and have a zero hash rate.

furball (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:58:01 AM

Yes, those 'stratum from pool 0 requested work restart' messages are perfectly normal and you should see those approximately every 10 seconds or so when you are connected to P2Pool; so in my mind it looks like you are connected to the pool alright but your GPU has not been initialized so you are not actually mining the work that the pool is sending to you.

I'm guessing you've done the usual things like, made sure you have the most up to date GPU driver, rebooted etc etc...sorry if that advice is beneath you! ;-)
mepsipax

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:25:44 AM

I am off to work now, so will try to join again later.

I am pretty confident my settings are fine, as I am able to connect to other pools successfully.

Am running the 12.8 drivers for my card, as recommended on Bitcoin.Forum, and yes I have tried rebooting loads!

Thank you for your help, and I will let you know if I manage to fix this  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: