Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:19:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-05-27] Bitcoin Experiences an Intense Flow of New Money and Mainstream Att  (Read 5459 times)
sheld0n (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:12:06 AM

Bitcoin Experiences an Intense Flow of New Money and Mainstream Attention
Over the past month, mainstream media has given Bitcoin the spotlight due to the digital currency’s recent jumps in value. Multiple news reports featured in prominent publications and on television are saying mainstream investors are flocking to cryptocurrencies in great number.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-experience-flow-new-money-mainstream-attention/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:48:05 AM

Bitcoin Experiences an Intense Flow of New Money and Mainstream Attention
Over the past month, mainstream media has given Bitcoin the spotlight due to the digital currency’s recent jumps in value. Multiple news reports featured in prominent publications and on television are saying mainstream investors are flocking to cryptocurrencies in great number.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-experience-flow-new-money-mainstream-attention/

The mainstream attention has been intense. There have been 3-4 articles on solid worldwide publications (CNBC, BBC, Reuters, Bloomberg, etc) almost everyday. Of course, the price increase has contributed to the attention.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:41:28 PM

Attention from the mainstream media always helps, but they time on time again don't manage to describe Bitcoin properly. I have constantly been hearing that it's purely the blockchain as technology that gives Bitcoin value, but they fail to name up why Bitcoin is gaining big time in popularity. I don't hear anything regarding Bitcoin's decentralized nature in the way that you don't need any entity in the middle to send and receive money, that you can use Bitcoin to store value outside the banking system, etc. Or.... It's not being mentioned on purpose....
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:35:07 AM

Attention from the mainstream media always helps, but they time on time again don't manage to describe Bitcoin properly. I have constantly been hearing that it's purely the blockchain as technology that gives Bitcoin value, but they fail to name up why Bitcoin is gaining big time in popularity. I don't hear anything regarding Bitcoin's decentralized nature in the way that you don't need any entity in the middle to send and receive money, that you can use Bitcoin to store value outside the banking system, etc. Or.... It's not being mentioned on purpose....

I totally agree. I saw one coming from CNBC market analyst saying that the price of bitcoin will dip in the next coming days. Maybe they are only in for the bitcoin price analyst rather that its actual used, like how other sectors can maximized implementing blockchain technology and how it can simplify data gathering and access it a lot faster for decision making purposes.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 10:45:12 AM

The problem with the media mainly paying attention to the price is that of the price then moves down, we start losing the hype and momentum.  If what they spoke about was more meaningful then we wouldn't have so many Bitcoin Obituaries.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:13:53 AM

They miss the big picture that while the block chain is valuable, what give the block chain value is that it is secured by a huge distributed (ignoring for now centralization of miners) system backed by a huge amount of value. Without the incentive to secure the block chain, bitcoin wouldn't be worth much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: