Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Rig Setup Problems - Help Please  (Read 379 times)
dandreark1 (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:16:36 PM

So i'm assembling 3 rigs in my open air 6.1 Parallel Miner cases. I realized i've received the wrong motherboards, the H97M Anniversary Asrock's.. not the H97's..
The ones I received don't have enough PCI-e ports for my risers. I have a shit ton of cables all of which I know where they go when I have the correct motherboards..

However there are 18 cables I received with my package that are the Molex to SATA (power) cables that are pictured on the Parallel mining site on the case, plugged into the riser right next to where the USB plug in is near the GPU...

http://www.parallelminer.com/product/all-aluminium-6-1-gpu-open-air-mining-case-w-6-usb-risers-1-1200w-psu-kit-eth-zec/

The cables in the picture look like its a 4 prong molex to SATA cable but mine come as 6 Molex - to SATA..

I'm lost as to what I'm doing with these molex to SATA power cables.. looking at mining cave pre assembled rigs, i don't even see that cable running from the riser to the motherboard just the USB cords and the molex to the GPU from the PSU..

I've watched videos and tried to look close enough in so many places to see what i'm doing with these and I still haven't really found out. I have my 6 to 8 pin connectors from my PSU running to all my GPU's, and my USB Risers WILL be plugged in when I get the correct boards today.. just pissed I couldn't get everything together as quickly as i'd like for lack of cords.

Parrallel also didn't send any screws for mounting gpu's, motherboard, or SSD's which I thought was odd but maybe normal..

If anyone can help with what the hell I'm doing with the molex to SATA power cable i'd be much appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dandreark1 (OP)

out here

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:33:12 PM

And for some correct motherboard assistance..

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157500

Would this be a good board to get? It looks like it has 6 PCi-e slots but the last PCI-e was labeled '1 mini PCI-e express slot', not 100% sure if that supports 5 or 6 cards..If it's not the right card can someone recommend which motherboards to get, that are in stock ha  Roll Eyes
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:39:40 PM

Would this be a good board to get? It looks like it has 6 PCi-e slots but the last PCI-e was labeled '1 mini PCI-e express slot', not 100% sure if that supports 5 or 6 cards..If it's not the right card can someone recommend which motherboards to get, that are in stock ha  Roll Eyes

It supports 5 cards, 3 in PCIEX16 slots (with different speeds, like second one X8 and third one X4 speed) and 2 other cards with risers in PCIEX1 . I don't think the Mini PCI can be converted in a video card for mining but I am not sure about that. What is sure is that that motherboard supports at least 5 GPU-s if done right.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
dandreark1 (OP)

out here

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:30:55 PM

It supports 5 cards, 3 in PCIEX16 slots (with different speeds, like second one X8 and third one X4 speed) and 2 other cards with risers in PCIEX1 . I don't think the Mini PCI can be converted in a video card for mining but I am not sure about that. What is sure is that that motherboard supports at least 5 GPU-s if done right.

Thanks for the response, any idea about the Molex to SATA power cable on my risers from parallel miner? I'm still lost as to where I connect those cables coming from risers.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:27:29 PM

Thanks for the response, any idea about the Molex to SATA power cable on my risers from parallel miner? I'm still lost as to where I connect those cables coming from risers.

Personally I don't use the Sata power cable that comes with the riser, it is really low quality. I always use a fully modular PSU so I use the PSU cables instead, been running a few boards this way from about 1-2 months, not a single problem yet. I use the the PSU cable that looks direct like the riser one. 4 Pin Molex, but the one that comes with a good brand PSU like Corsair,EVga etc.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
dandreark1 (OP)

out here

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:50:27 PM

Personally I don't use the Sata power cable that comes with the riser, it is really low quality. I always use a fully modular PSU so I use the PSU cables instead, been running a few boards this way from about 1-2 months, not a single problem yet. I use the the PSU cable that looks direct like the riser one. 4 Pin Molex, but the one that comes with a good brand PSU like Corsair,EVga etc.

Wow okay thank you so much, I figured it was an option to power my risers since I had enough molex cables for power as well.. They're daisy chained from my PSU, each 6 pin molex input from the PSU splits to (2) 6 pin molex for the 6 risers. Taking up 3 molex inputs on my breakout board to supply my risers. So if that sounds right, I think I got it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: